Trying to start an anime club at my sixth form

Mikeydmo1

Completely Average High School Student
Hey guys, I recently moved to the uk and I wanted to start an anime club at my sixth form but there are several challenges i have to face to make that happen so is there someone who currently goes to a sixth form help me with some tips on this and discuss it with me

Given you've got no replies to this what are the challenges you're facing mate? Maybe some of us can help even though we're like really really old :rolleyes:

Given you've got no replies to this what are the challenges you're facing mate? Maybe some of us can help even though we're like really really old :rolleyes:
Haha yep been a while since I was a 6th former.

@Mikeydmo1 If your college has a media department I'd probably start by speaking to a teacher there about any assistance they can give.

Also you probably need to sell it as being beneficial in some capacity. Like its not for people who want to watch anime. More like its for people who want to get into animation and visual production or even writing I suppose. Or maybe just a place for weirdos to get together and make friends - they might go with that. I know my school would've done way back when.

Maybe examining Japanese culture and identity through animation or analysing different animation techniques or the technological evolution (hand drawn through to computer & full cgi) or even looking at hit/cult hit/milestone anime and why they're important.

Maybe some of us can help even though we're like really really old :rolleyes:
Yep really really old 😅
I wasn't going to be helpful. I was going to make a joke about probably needing 5 members and thus you might have to try and entice someone who's not really interested by saying they could do their own thing in the corner. Then there would be the problem of trying to find an advisor from the teaching staff who would be reluctant at first, only to reveal a secret history with the theme of the club 😜

Yep really really old 😅
I wasn't going to be helpful. I was going to make a joke about probably needing 5 members and thus you might have to try and entice someone who's not really interested by saying they could do their own thing in the corner. Then there would be the problem of trying to find an advisor from the teaching staff who would be reluctant at first, only to reveal a secret history with the theme of the club 😜
Like this maybe

Hey guys, I recently moved to the uk and I wanted to start an anime club at my sixth form but there are several challenges i have to face to make that happen so is there someone who currently goes to a sixth form help me with some tips on this and discuss it with me
Umm so no sixth formers on this site

Hey guys I recently moved to the uk in England and I recently started at a sixth form. So I was thinking of starting an anime club in school but i am facing alot of challenges and I wanted some tips on it

Well alot of people don't openly reveal they watch anime because they believe that people will bully them and secondly I wouldn't want to have only boys in the club and I don't know how I can talk to girls about this

Well alot of people don't openly reveal they watch anime because they believe that people will bully them and secondly I wouldn't want to have only boys in the club and I don't know how I can talk to girls about this
How big is the 6th form? Is there already some sort of film club? They might be able to help/even have some cross membership.

You could go and pitch your idea to each form and then see who comes to you. Obviously this means putting yourself right out there. Otherwise if theres a teacher you trust/is supporting your application for the club you could ask them to put word out more anonymously and then people may apply through the teacher.

How big is the 6th form? Is there already some sort of film club? They might be able to help/even have some cross membership.

You could go and pitch your idea to each form and then see who comes to you. Obviously this means putting yourself right out there. Otherwise if theres a teacher you trust/is supporting your application for the club you could ask them to put word out more anonymously and then people may apply through the teacher.
It's pretty big and no I don't think there's a film club and also do you think I should just openly name it the anime club

Hi, just a polite reminder to not spam the forum – that won’t hasten an answer, it’ll just annoy us mods, and we do not enjoy being annoyed.

One topic per subject please, or next time it’ll be a formal warning.

It's pretty big and no I don't think there's a film club and also do you think I should just openly name it the anime club
Personally I probably would just call it the anime club or the anime and manga club. But a teacher would be placed to advise you whether your college would find that acceptable.

Does the college have a student union or student association? If it did they would be the best people to ask.

Back