Overseas UK Blu-Ray List / Australian Blu-ray List / USA Region B and Geolocked List

Riding Bean and Otaku no Video are region free as well. Animeigo have yet to region lock any release, which is understandable as they have worldwide rights excluding Japan and Germany(?) on all their bd licences.
As far as I know Animeigo tries to get the distribution rights for all countries excluding Japan. It's on a case by case basis. In the case of Gunsmith Cats there is a german licensor who holds the rights(and sadly doesn't want to do anything with it, nor sell it). I learned that when I emailed Animeigo. In the Case of Riding Bean and Bubblegum Crisis they got the rights for Germany but not for China or Taiwan.(I suspect for similar reasons, but I'm not sure.)

In the case of Gunsmith Cats there is a german licensor who holds the rights(and sadly doesn't want to do anything with it, nor sell it).
Partly true: The german licensor (OVA Films) filed insolvency and has been liquidated several years ago.
However, as I haven't found a prove that it wasn't reprinted after 2001, I believe that the license expired way before OVA Films went out of business. Maybe the japenese guys have lost track about these old contracts singed in 1996 (for VHS)

April's Australian blu ray releases added
They will be removed if release dates are put back

Alice and Zoroku
Boogiepop and Others
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Part 4
Fruits Basket Season 1 Part 2
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Set 5: Diamond is Unbreakable part 2
Kill La Kill Complete Series
Radiant season 1
Ssss.Gridman
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season One
Yu Yu Hakusho Complete Season 3

April's UK blu ray releases added
They will be removed if release dates are put back

Accel World complete series
Ajin: Demi-Human: Season 2
Anonymous Noise
Black Clover: Season 2 part 1
Fire Force: Season 1, Part 1
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
Persona5 The Animation: The Daybreakers
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199
That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime: Season One, Part Two
Tokyo Ghoul: re: season 3
Toradora!
Welcome to the Ballroom: Part 2
Wise Man’s Grandchild

These Funimation titles should be region B:
Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls (Parts 1 and 2)
Boogiepop and Others
Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card (Parts 1 and 2)
Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka
SSSS.Gridman
Zombie Land Saga

Source: These releases are also released by Madman importing the US releases, so the US releases should be region AB.

These Funimation titles should be region B:
Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls (Parts 1 and 2)
Boogiepop and Others
Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card (Parts 1 and 2)
SSSS.Gridman
Zombie Land Saga

Source: These releases are also released by Madman importing the US releases, so the US releases should be region AB.
Unfortunately unless you have them I can't add them to the list.

States region A only on the back too Screenshot_20200327_151239.jpg

Unfortunately unless you have them I can't add them to the list.

States region A only on the back too View attachment 12923
Ahh fair enough.

For that title specifically though, I went to JB Hi-Fi the other day and they definitely had a US copy of Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka, not a reprinted copy, so maybe they changed the region last minute?

Regardless, I've checked Zombie Land Saga, Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card, and Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls, so those can definitely go on the list.

Last edited:
Ahh fair enough.

For that title specifically though, I went to JB Hi-Fi the other day and they definitely had a US copy of Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka, not a reprinted copy, so maybe they changed the region last minute?

Regardless, I've checked Zombie Land Saga, Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card, and Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls, so those can definitely go on the list.
Bem would be interesting too as the cover states region A only but the funimation page states A/B

Re: Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka

I obtained a copy and interestingly the back cover and the disc itself says region A only. However, the disc still works in region B. Furthermore, when I set my player to region C, it says "This Blu-ray disc will play on Region A & B players only", confirming region B playback.

EDIT: Also someone else also confirmed it 10 days ago as region AB on Blu-ray.com database as well.

Last edited:
How well do Discotek releases normally fare on UK players? I just heard one of my favorite anime's from waaay back when just recently got a US Blu-ray release from them and I want to make this work.

Does MVM or AL accept requests? Ah damn only way then I guess is to potentially consider a £200 region free blu-ray player for a $20 blu-ray. I don't think I am that deperate (yet) though lol.
It's a pain I know, discotek have a number of releases I want and the only alternative is to either get a region free blu ray player of get the dvd version.

Instead of getting a Region free player, you could try to source a Region A (US) player - or a US gaming console. For Region A players you might check if they have an external power supply (12V) that could be replaced easy.
However, currently Amazon US has shipping restrictions in place. Otherwise a Region A player could be sourced for way under £100.

Also to note:
Blu-ray-devices for PC aren't technically region locked (for Blu-ray) - it depends on the software used to play. e.g. Leawo offers you to change the region as often you like. (For DVD they are locked)

Does MVM or AL accept requests? Ah damn only way then I guess is to potentially consider a £200 region free blu-ray player for a $20 blu-ray. I don't think I am that deperate (yet) though lol.
I think I paid £150 for mine and it’s gotten a lot of usage thanks to various US based labels. Amazon UK has several models for around that price-the Sony model I have is quite compact which is handy.

I might consider it after payday but tbh i'm not sure if a single blu-ray is worth such an investment. Although I guess it would open up a whole new world of imports

Buy a used PS3, softmod it, change region code. You can softmod ANY model on latest firmware (4.86).

I still have my old PS3 actually. Is this easy to do?

Last edited:
Back