Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what we've heard (obviously, this may or may not be true, so take it with a mountain of salt) FUNi are having large parts of their 3.33 release dictated to them, because somebody discovered the dub was not a literal translation of the original Japanese and went apeshit. The delay seems to be caused by FUNi trying to keep their dub, and then Khara then micromanaging their re-recorded literal dub. My guess is that FUNi are just accepting whatever they're told to avoid causing problems and just get the bloody thing out already.

It's not to prevent reverse importation since the Japanese covers are plainer than the overseas ones. I like both styles of cover, just not the inconsistency.

R

Just looking over the covers from Animatsu, looks like none of them are coming with a slipbox, I suppoose consistency was already thrown out of the window with them tbh though!

[spoilerbutton]
KIXA-290.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
We are getting the same artwork as Japan, its the same worldwide we just didn't get the same for 1.11 and 2.22 but I like these covers a lot

Not the worst on the shows that I actually care about. Good design and art choices made for Humanity Has Declined, but the SNAFU cover is fairly medium. Would have much preferred some straight-up Ponkan8 art over the anime take on the characters.

Kind of surprised not to see an artbox-suggesting picture for Brynhildr In The Darkness.
I thought that show would get an artbox. Although Chu2Koi didn't get an artbox-suggesting picture uploaded everywhere either.

All these sub-only Blu-ray releases though. On the one hand very nice to see the UK industry go into it finally,
on the other hand it upsets me to know so little is receiving dubs at the moment.

Still think Sentai should've dubbed Henneko, Pet Girl of Sakurasou, My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, Golden Time and others.
(At least over some of the shows they decided to actually dub which have been received as poor, even if it makes sense from a marketing POV)

And if we talk about Evangelion ... I don't even know whether I'll go through the effort of acquiring them separately anymore.
I might wait to see a complete boxset later down the line just because of the cover art inconsistencies. Not sure yet.

NormanicGrav said:
My Teen Romantic Comedy Animatsu
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU: Complete Collection (Season 1) [Blu-ray] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
917DQd2r-LL._SL1500_.jpg
91nrAafaZGL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Am I the only one who sees their fail at using the brush tool in the bottom right corner around the Animatsu logo?
Like they simply took Sentai's cover and MS Paint-brushed over it with pink. ^_^;

Agent-347 said:
Am I the only one who sees their fail at using the brush tool in the bottom right corner around the Animatsu logo?
Like they simply took Sentai's cover and MS Paint-brushed over it with pink. ^_^;
And now I can't unsee it. Hopefully that's just for the mock-up and they can receive a clean image to work with for the actual print run.

Then again, I do own the MVM's "TBC" Fate/Zero volume 2.

I have to admit I'm shocked Golden Time wasn't dubbed - considering the Toradora pedigree. Was going to buy it, but as I watched it recently on CR, I'll probably hold off now as without a dub there's not much point of me watching it again after such a short amount of time.

NormanicGrav said:
Shiroi Hane said:
Joshawott said:
Then again, I do own the MVM's "TBC" Fate/Zero volume 2.
It's going to be hard to beat FUNimation's "insert title here" for... was is the Shangri-La SAVE edition?
Yep. :lol:
I find the Tenchi Muyo "TENCHI IN TOYKO" on the spine pretty bad as well.

Also, it might have been mentioned before in the past, I don't know ...
But as evident by my latest acquisition post ... they actually fixed the Fate/Zero "TBC" on the artwork.
Kind of feel like they should have offered a cover replacement for whoever really wanted it, but well.

Animatsu Artwork

Black Bullet: Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
CVo1eaaUwAAWPag.jpg:large
[/spoilerbutton]

Updated artwork that reflects the Sentai version.

Le Count de Anime Limito

Fuse: Memoirs of a Huntress: Collector's Edition [Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack]
[spoilerbutton]
FUSE-COLLECTOR_3D-open-UK.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo: Complete Series Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]
[spoilerbutton]
COMTEDEMONTECRISTO_BD_3D-open-UK.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Samurai Flamenco: Box 1 Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]
[spoilerbutton]
IMG_8289.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

Not surprised that the UK release of Gankutsuou is getting a steelbook instead of the usual digipack/rigid artbox given they released it as such in France. Kinda disappoints me though as i'm not a fan of steelbooks and it'll stand out when on shelf next to the rest of AL's releases :(

I can't help thinking someone at Anime Limited looked at the Elfen Lied steelcase and though "that would work really well with Gankutsuou too.."

They call it a steel box-style case so I assume that its not actually a steelbook since steelbook is actually a line of cases made by Scanavo and not an umbrella term. I like steelbooks for what it's worth.

qaiz said:
They call it a steel box-style case so I assume that its not actually a steelbook since steelbook is actually a line of cases made by Scanavo and not an umbrella term. I like steelbooks for what it's worth.

It's a "steelcase". Apparently the only major difference is that steelcases don't have titles on the spine (which makes no sense)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back