US Naruto DVD releases

Mangaminx

Stand User
According to a post on the AnimeOnDvD forums, Viz will be releasing Naruto on US DvD in both edited and uncut forms in 2006. Starting from March 2006 the edited DvD's will be released each month. The uncut release however won't appear till July 2006 and will be sold in 13 episode boxsets.

I'm sure this is excellent news for all the Naruto fans, especially yourself Mangaminx. :p The decision to release it uncut is rather interesting, since it pleases the fans and could draw in more, still, I wonder how the cut version will do, sales-wise. Sure, it's released a few months earlier, but a boxset isn't too expensive and i'm sure the fanbase want to see it uncut.

The edited version will probably fall flat on its face (i mean, even Yu-Gi-Oh sold better uncut then edited, which is probably why 4kids wont be releaing any more uncuts)

Wonder what they would do then tho? Continue releasing Naruto as box sets or change release schedule?

I think this sounds quite good, i know i would love to get the unedited version and i think the way they will release it sounds good too since it's such a big series. Though i agree that i doubt the edited version will do well, almost makes you wonder why they are going to bother, i hope if the edited version does rubbish it won't effect the release of the unedited one.
Thought, it sure is a long time to wait

The edited version may well appeal to the younger fanbase who saw it first on TV (and who may not have the cash to buy a full boxset but can afford a single here and there)- I know it's the kind of thing my younger sister would collect. Meanwhile, 'devout' older fans can wait for the uncut boxsets.

cant wait for this to come to the UK. but i do hope they bring both the cut and uncut here too, or just the uncut would be good.

The uncut box sets sound ok, I will probably get one to see whether or not I want to continue collecting the series.

i dont know about who's knows if they sell the first two volumes of the uncut edition and then they decide to stop it the day before volume 3 and 4 come out. like shaman king uncut

Woah, its being released in box sets just a few weeks after the singles :)

Great, I don't like collecting indival singles, box sets are so much easier

Back