US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
KimmyKins83 said:
Just to re-confirm (as I have bought it today online to have shipped over from America so need double the reassurance), Flowers Of Evil is definitely a tried and tested/confirmed Region B/Region Free Compatible release? :)
If it's listed in the first post, then it is confirmed (and it is listed in the first post).

Does anyone know if Denki-Gai release: http://umanohone.us/bd.html
are region A/B or locked?

Edit: Just realised this is out in April.

Edit 2: Rather than creating another post which I thank I have a while a go.
Any news on Space Brothers Collections being working with Region B?

Everytime I consider purchasing Denki-Gai or Yuki Yuuna I'm immediately turned off by the packaging. Who the hell thought it'd be acceptable to ship a "Collectors Edition" in a massive slim DVD case? That's the sort of stupidity I'd expect from Manga.

On topic - I suppose it depends how they are authoring the discs. Aniplex's releases are handled by whoever did the discs for the show back in Japan, and all they do is add the Engdub/Sub tracks.
PonCan stated before that they would be offering something along the lines of the same high quality product as Japan - so they may well be doing the same as Aniplex. Then there's also the fact that they too are distributing their own shows in both Japan and America, so why would they lock their own product? They can earn sales from importers overseas by selling direct to them too, rather than sub licensing to a local distributor = more profit for them.

On the space brothers collections, as long as you either have a PS3/4 or a standard BD player where you can access the country code settings you'll be able to play them even though it states zone A on the back of the box since all 2015 sentai releases are geo locked and not region locked (the default country code for the PS3 and PS4 is US, and some older players can get around the geo lock with no problems).

demonix said:
On the space brothers collections, as long as you either have a PS3/4 or a standard BD player where you can access the country code settings you'll be able to play them even though it states zone A on the back of the box since all 2015 sentai releases are geo locked and not region locked (the default country code for the PS3 and PS4 is US, and some older players can get around the geo lock with no problems).

So it will work on UK PS3/4?
I heard there was some changes with Sentai releases and was not sure if I were able to play it via. my PS3/4.

Could someone please tell me if the complete collection Blu-Ray boxset of Hiiro No Kakera released in America by Sentai Filmworks Region B compatible just like it's two individual seasons Blu-Rays are? :)

KimmyKins83 said:
Could someone please tell me if the complete collection Blu-Ray boxset of Hiiro No Kakera released in America by Sentai Filmworks Region B compatible just like it's two individual seasons Blu-Rays are? :)

Judging from the pictures the discs look exactly the same as the individual season sets; so they've probably just re-packaged the discs into a complete set (a bit like how Manga and FUNimation do when release complete season sets).

In other words their is a high chance of the discs being region b; just won't know for definite until someone tries it.

There have been occasions where they've made new masters, and it looks like this is the case as well since the complete set includes an extra that isn't in the separate season sets, but even if the region coding has been changed the old bypass trick will still work since it's before geo locking was implemented.

Tanner0259 said:
Does anyone know if Naruto Shippuden Road to Ninja will work on our players?

I know there has been some back covers that aren't correct, but going on the back cover alone, the US release is A locked, so no it won't. As I don't have it I cannot confirm though.

It is however out on Blu-ray in Australia and that will work on our players.

-Koimonogatari- Hitagi End Set (LE) - region free

Unbreakable Machine-Doll: Complete Series - tested and confirmed region A/B

Does anyone know if the Fate/Stay night blu ray from Sentai is region free. I know its an old title but i can't find the answer anywhere

thedoctor2016 said:
Does anyone know if the Fate/Stay night blu ray from Sentai is region free. I know its an old title but i can't find the answer anywhere

I assume you're referring to the Complete Collection (the one that's apparently 1080p but no one knows yet). That hasn't been tested yet by anyone on this forum unfortunately.

NormanicGrav said:
thedoctor2016 said:

I assume you're referring to the Complete Collection (the one that's apparently 1080p but no one knows yet). That hasn't been tested yet by anyone on this forum unfortunately.

Right okay Ill just wait ill UP ship mine and I will find out then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back