Video on demand website BOST TV offer anime to the UK

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
<a href="http://www.bosttv.com/">BOST TV</a> are a legal video-on-demand (based on my experience with their service, it's basically a higher quality version of YouTube) website streaming "unlicensed" subtitled anime to select countries outside of Japan, one of which is the UK.

Right now their library includes "Keitai Shoujo", "Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora: Looking Up at the Half-Moon" and "Ballad of a Shinigami: momo the girl god of death".

From the 3rd of December, they have been <a href="http://www.bosttv.com/store/">offering free subtitled episodes</a> of "Keitai Shojou" to UK visitors, and they intend to expand their offerings in the future.

I checked out some sample clips on their site and the picture quality is pretty damn good, much better than other video streaming sites like YouTube. It would be cool to see some more high profile shows on there, I would pay for a subscription if they were subtitling Kaiji.

Oooh nice find Paul! May have to check it out sometime :)
Pay for a subscription? Hmm... i spose i would too if the ones on there were good and ones that i wanted to see (+they keep updating it ofc).

They have a feedback form which according to their forum should be used for ALL feedback including on prices, rent time, subtitling as well as what series you would like to see. (they hope to have a newer feedback form for general feedback up soon)

I don't think you need to be logged in or even a member to use the feedback form so tell them what you want! Further it seems that the company NEEDS the feedback forms to act as a bargaining tool to convince the creators to let them license and distribute through this 'new' system...the Japanese being really slow on the up take with new distribution need to see hard evidence of support from buyers.

The prices are really quite good, £1 for a single episode with unlimited viewing for two weeks...that's what £13-26 to see a series once through...how much do you pay to watch a boxing/similar match on pay per view TV?

Back