Wacom

Nemphtis

Hunter
Hey boys and girls, I need some help with Wacom graphics tablets so I figured you’d be a good audience to ask because a lot of you here draw and I’m hoping some of you know a thing or two about Wacom because I sure as hell don’t. I’m considering starting on the whole art scene myself, I have a copy of Photoshop 7.0 and I want a graphics tablet to begin me journey. The problem is; there are so many of them on the Wacom website! Which graphics tablet would be best suited for a newbie who is looking to learn and improve, and does anyone have any tips or a source where I can learn tips about drawing/colouring on Photoshop?

What really inspired me to start digital art was this online web-comic; Gone with the Blastwave. The artist creates the entire comic on Photoshop 7.0 armed only with a Wacom tablet (stuck together with tape) yet his comics look really pretty. I hope someday I can reach (and surpass) his art! Hey, what’s wrong with a little optimism?

www.blastwavecomic.com

Okay, based on the flood of replies I'm getting here I'll assume nobody has a Wacom graphics tablet. So then can anyone tell me any tablets in general that are worth considering? Ant help at all, people?

I have an Intuos which is the newer version of the Graphire. The Intuos is more expensive but is really very good.
However the Graphire is cheaper and works just as well depends what you want it for really.

Have got an Intuos3, the oversized A5 one. Cost me just over £200, but it's a wonderful tablet. I've heard good things about the Graphire ones, too, but if you've got the money then I'd go for the best you can afford.

As for tips using Photoshop, check out the tutorials on deviantart. They have a whole section devoted to them. :) http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/tutorials/ps/ Should be able to find one for whatever you want to do on there!

I have the Wacom: Graphire 3 and it does a pretty damn good job, had it for 2/3 years now.
http://img.clubic.com/photo/00098247.jpg
I think they are going for about £50 or so, I didn't buy mine (It was a gift), so I can't be 100% sure of prices.
I think they have the Graphire 4 out/coming out, it may be better, but I have no clue on that.
And for tutorials, I would go with what Siobhan suggested. (Thats the only tutorials I could think of anyway...)
Hope that helps ^^;

I've got an Intuos3 A5 Wide, which is pretty much industry standard, so it's damn expensive (£275), but for £75 you can get an A6 Graphire4, with the programs Corel Painter Essentials and Manga Studio Debut

Back