What did you BUY today?

I ordered a little stack of wrestling DVDs which I thought were long out of print - they're from the official store, so either they've randomly been reprinted or someone found a box full of them in the basement.

So last month the main big theme of my haul was on video games, catching up with that part of the collection. This month, the theme has now shifted to books!

Sekirei_-_wave.gif

While I had mostly been focusing with Seven Seas and their Ghost Ship manga books, I had another status look at all of the titles I wanted to own and titles that I started collecting but not yet caught up with. One series in particular caught my eye in terms of concern - Sekirei. Now this Yen Press title started off digitally before eventually getting 2-in-1 omnibus releases. They came out from 2017 up to the end of 2019 so it's fully out there, but I was concerned because Omnibus 5 & 6 were classified as "No Longer Available" rather than "Out of Stock, More Expected Soon" like the others were on Rightstuf, which led me to believe two things - 1) it's going out of print out of nowhere, and 2) because the license is with Square Enix, a change of publisher could occur. Now you could argue that the series is only temporarily out of stock and would come back right? Well Omnibus 5 has been out of stock for five months, no word from the publisher either.

Therefore I was in a bit of a shock for a while, because Sekirei is one of those harem ecchi shows that was really fun to watch and I liked the first two Omnibus books that I read thus far. Thanks to the assistance of the website Bookfinder which tracks every listing possible, it turns out that Book Depository actually had copies in stock and therefore I ordered both Omnibus 5 & 6 together to save myself from more suffering. They have dispatched, so my faith is restored.

However, I still needed to get the other volumes! Therefore I also ordered Omnibus 3 from Book Depository, followed by Omnibus 4 & 7 from Hive. Once all of them have arrived, that would only leave me with Omnibus 8 & 9 to complete the main story (as the 10th volume is actually a single-volume sequel manga).

If that wasn't enough, I also plan to try and continue collecting the OVERLORD hardback light novel volumes, because Novel 4 is currently out of stock roughly everywhere except in the US. I have ordered Novel 3, which in terms of adaptations covers the remainder of Season 1's content. OVERLORD is still an on-going series but I am aware that it is pretty close to ending in the next few years from what the author has referenced.

That’d be about four years for me I think. I’ll stick to my £130 projector :p

I did put some serious thought into a proper PJ setup but it turns out that it needs the right conditions and gear. Your cheaper version is definitely a good compromise though.

I'd want a 4K/HDR one which was looking like something along the lines of the JVC N5, then it would be necessary to re-map my lounge, add a motorised screen etc. By the time I sat down and looked at the costs and logistics, it just didn't make sense to me from a cost and benefit POV over the TV.

A few years ago I dedicated about a year and a half trying to grab as many PlayStation 3 games as I could to a total of 100 for my collection. Eventually I did achieve it, but there are a small portion of games that I wouldn't have minded owning as time went by.

With the news of the store's closure, it is a shame but that does mean trouble at the same time because once you lose access to buying digital versions, that only leaves you with the physical versions if available.

And thus starting today until sometime in the Summer, my goal is to acquire more PlayStation 3 games! The twist here is that there's not as many left for me to acquire for the localised/western side, and if there was, most are still reasonably priced so I'm striking now before July where the PSN store closes.

I have ordered three games so far - 3D Dot Game Heroes, Ratchet & Clank: Nexus and Ratchet & Clank: QForce. These three for chosen because I have noticed the prices have started to go up slightly bit by bit. One was ordered from eBay while the other two are from CeX. I plan to do another batch later this month hopefully.

Western/Localised:
  • Genji: Day of the Blade
  • God of War HD Collection Volume 2
  • InFAMOUS
  • InFAMOUS 2
  • Lair
  • Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
  • Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
  • Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
  • Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
  • Time Crisis: Razing Storm
Japanese Imports:
  • .hack Sekai No Mukou Ni + Versus Hybrid Pack [ドットハック セカイの向こうに + Versus Hybrid Pack]
  • Afrika [AFRIKA]
  • Biohazard Chronicles HD Selection [バイオハザード クロニクルズ HD セレクション]
  • Boku no Natsuyasumi 3 [ぼくのなつやすみ3]
  • Dungeons & Dragons Mystara Eiyuu Senki [ダンジョンズ&ドラゴンズ ミスタラ英雄戦記]
  • Everybody's Golf 6 [みんなのGOLF 6]
  • Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! [はじめの一歩 THE FIGHTING!]
  • The Idolm@ster One for All [アイドルマスター ワンフォーオール]
  • The Last Guy [THE LAST GUY]
  • Mahjong * Dream Club [マージャン★ドリームクラブ]
  • Miyasato Miyoshi Kyoudai Naizou: Sega Golf Club [宮里三兄弟内蔵 SEGA GOLF CLUB]
  • Nurarihyon no Mago: Hyakki Ryouran Taisen [ぬらりひょんの孫 百鬼繚乱大戦]
  • Sakigake!! Otoko Juku: Nihonyo Korega Otoko Dearu [魁!! 男塾 ~日本よ、これが男である!~]
  • Sengoku Musou 2 with Moushouden & Empires HD Version [戦国無双2 with 猛将伝 & Empires HD Version]
  • Sengoku Musou 3 Empires [戦国無双3 Empires]
  • Sengoku Musou 3 Z [戦国無双3 Z]
  • Super Heroine Chronicle [超ヒロイン戦記]
  • Tokyo Jungle [TOKYO JUNGLE]

I wanted to buy some curtains, a rug and a new set of bedsheets. I didn’t, because in all three shops I went in, this was the choice of colours for all of those items:BE6C63E4-EAA2-4444-9532-26E3D29465C9.jpeg
“Silver” (Grey), Dried Mustard, Non-committal Pink, Austin Metro Beige, and I Guess it’s Sorta Blue. Is this what’s “in” now? These sad, dull excuses for colours? Where did the bold and deep colours go? Where are my reds, purples, greens and blacks? The Soviet Union produced less drab looking home furnishings than this, and probably had greater choice.

Much like clothes, I hate buying stuff like this online because I don’t know what the quality is gonna be like and returns can be a nightmare. Guess I’ll just go without until tastes change.

Back