What did you BUY today?

I wanted to buy some curtains, a rug and a new set of bedsheets. I didn’t, because in all three shops I went in, this was the choice of colours for all of those items:View attachment 18172
“Silver” (Grey), Dried Mustard, Non-committal Pink, Austin Metro Beige, and I Guess it’s Sorta Blue. Is this what’s “in” now? These sad, dull excuses for colours? Where did the bold and deep colours go? Where are my reds, purples, greens and blacks? The Soviet Union produced less drab looking home furnishings than this, and probably had greater choice.

Much like clothes, I hate buying stuff like this online because I don’t know what the quality is gonna be like and returns can be a nightmare. Guess I’ll just go without until tastes change.

I'm confused... why doesn't the pink have sparkly unicorns... and a nicer shade of pink? Like a bright electric or something... :(

This wasn't today, but beautiful fabrics, though I managed to injure my ankle later in the day so I can't really sew for a while cuz it's gonna jerk it around if I do all the things involved in creating garments 😭 😭 😭 I got the shiny red, purple and gold velvet and the yellow-orange background with butterflies/flowers/hearts etc on Monday and the bears and the pink with flowers yesterday... can't wait to make lots of bloomers out of all of them except the velvet which is gonna be a dress that I prob won't be able to wear for a while as it's gonna be very cosy and the weather's gradually getting warmer 🤣

EDIT: @ayase just out of curiosity would you choose any of these as bedsheet fabric if the option were available?

Attachments

• Fabric 1.jpg
    Fabric 1.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Fabric 2.jpg
    Fabric 2.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Fabric 3.jpg
    Fabric 3.jpg
    742.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Fabric 4.jpg
    Fabric 4.jpg
    717.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I picked up a copy of the original Rurouni Kenshin series on eBay for $30, the red Anime Works DVD box set with the 3 fat-packs inside, 22 discs - it will probably end up being a bootleg copy, but at least it won't hurt my wallet too much if it is.

Last edited:
I picked up a copy of the original Rurouni Kenshin series on eBay for $30, the red Anime Works DVD box set with the 3 fat-packs inside, 22 discs - it will probably end up being a bootleg copy, but at least it won't hurt my wallet too much if it is.
It could be a. bootleg as I used to own it and it came in 3 boxsets with only the 1st one being a red box.
19655E81-C969-44B5-9A88-978C2484D0B0.jpeg
unless they have the 3 parts in a artbox like this where it’s red.
5DB9FCE0-9F77-4A7E-A0DC-7FDA6E70AE5A.jpeg

Yes, it is the art box set with all three sets inside. It's already opened/used, so I can check it over and if turns out to be a bootleg, I can always return it to the seller if the disk quality sucks. There is a thread on Blu-ray.com specifically about these Ruroni Kenshin fat packs and which are bootlegs, evidently the real sets are packed in cases with all the discs on a single spindle whereas the blootlegs are in cases with internal flippers for the discs. And of course, the disc art is darker and pixelated a bit on the bootlegs.

Yes, it is the art box set with all three sets inside. It's already opened/used, so I can check it over and if turns out to be a bootleg, I can always return it to the seller if the disk quality sucks. There is a thread on Blu-ray.com specifically about these Ruroni Kenshin fat packs and which are bootlegs, evidently the real sets are packed in cases with all the discs on a single spindle whereas the blootlegs are in cases with internal flippers for the discs. And of course, the disc art is darker and pixelated a bit on the bootlegs.

one of the fastest ways to tell. Put it in a computer, and find out if its a DVD5, or DVD9. Most bootleggers are cheap, and will clone the original DVD image to a DVD5 causing poor picture quality to save money on the production of the set

IMAG0155.jpg
"It is happening again."

I saw an unboxing video for the Entire Mystery set that had some lovely unique packaging, but this copy ended up just being a standard double-thickness amaray in a slipcase. I don't know if the fancy one was limited edition or US only.

"It is happening again."

I saw an unboxing video for the Entire Mystery set that had some lovely unique packaging, but this copy ended up just being a standard double-thickness amaray in a slipcase. I don't know if the fancy one was limited edition or US only.

We did have the fancy set in the UK but they replaced it with your version after a while.

Ordered some more Kato track from Japan, this time HO Gauge (Same track size as 00 Hornby) rather than N

Amazon JP seem to be shipping it out weirdly, so far they've split one order into 4 shipments. Looks like I'm going to be getting a few parcels -_-

It could be a. bootleg as I used to own it and it came in 3 boxsets with only the 1st one being a red box.
View attachment 18301
unless they have the 3 parts in a artbox like this where it’s red.
View attachment 18302
So yeah, it did turn out to be a bootleg. I had the seller send it to me and I checked disc 1 and it was region free, no copy protection, and single layer discs. It's amazing though, the discs and the packaging are very good quality, I can't really see anything different from a real box set. Ah well, I'll have to see how the video quality is, if it's acceptable I'll keep it, if it sucks I'll just toss it.

Ordered some more Kato track from Japan, this time HO Gauge (Same track size as 00 Hornby) rather than N
Wait, so you're running a train on a HO? 😅
So yeah, it did turn out to be a bootleg. I had the seller send it to me and I checked disc 1 and it was region free, no copy protection, and single layer discs. It's amazing though, the discs and the packaging are very good quality, I can't really see anything different from a real box set. Ah well, I'll have to see how the video quality is, if it's acceptable I'll keep it, if it sucks I'll just toss it.
I just checked my RK DVDs. The first couple of volumes of season 1 did use single-layer discs. Try looking at a later one. Also, season 1's disc art looked like a bad bootleg on the Anime Works release, but this improved on the 2nd season.

One other thing, the single release of season 1, volume 1 had an audio defect (possibly inverted audio) that stripped out all of the bass. I ended up keeping my VHS of volume 1 because the DVD sounded so much worse. I don't know if that carried over to the box set, but a later volume would be better to check for quality.

Back