What did you BUY today?

Ticket for Suzume.
After Showcase finally put up some screenings it turned out none were suitable. There were only 3: Friday I'm working, Saturday dubbed and Sunday I'm out with my mum who's down for that weekend. So got the Monday at the Vue in Eastleigh which has loads of screenings!

Went to town again!
Needed some new trainers:
View attachment 28726

Got some more Vagabond (vol 10 was unavailable as it is on Wordery):
View attachment 28727

And prize for most random figure, among all the usual Shounen stuff, goes to this Summer Time Rendering figure. Spoilers kinda maybe:
She appears in pretty much the first scene, but isn't revealed to be important till a bit later IIRC. Hizuru Minakata:
View attachment 28728
I've not been to forbidden planet for ages so when did they start putting over 18 stickers on manga.

Swith lite along with more games and a carry case.
b0aDyKD.jpg

OhrVppO.jpg

Oh! there's a Part 2 release, too? I got that first one years ago when it first released, but didn't know a second release came out. Thanks for the heads up VD, I'll add that second CD set to my next CDJapan order. 👍

Last edited:
I got the Tomura Shiguraki (MHA) Pop Up Parade figure for £14.99 (down from £44.99) at my local(ish) comic shop.

I thought it must have been damaged or ex-display when I first saw it on the shelf for that price, but it's totally fine (and not resealed) - plus they had a few of them. I guess they just really want to get rid of them!

He's my third Pop Up Parade figure after Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa) and Himiko Toga (one of his MHA allies).

So I got to meet all 4 of the OG Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles VAs (Cam Clarke, Rob Paulsen, Townsend Coleman and Barry Gordon) yesterday. I didn't buy a signed picture from Rob as I already have one from him. This more than made up for Tara Strong not showing up (plus I found out Maurice LaMarche was going to be at Wales Comic Con too but couldn't make it)
20230514_133542.jpg20230514_110557.jpg20230514_112546.jpg20230514_122655.jpg20230514_124246.jpg

I did bid on some manga on eBay, no reserve, and I was about to win for a really good price. Then the seller cancelled it, reason: Item out of stock or damaged.
And now, the seller has relisted it, and doubled the starting price, no reserve again. I still might bid again as it's still a good price, not really good but good.

Technically, it's what I almost bought today.

I've encountered that on Amazon as well. Found a good deal for a book from Japan and a few weeks after ordering it suddenly they cancel and say it was out of stock. I then notice it gets relisted a week or so later.

I was in a bad car accident on Wednesday, one day after my birthday. Happy Birthday to me... ugh. On the way home from work a woman shot out like a rocket from a stop sign turning left towards me and hit me almost head on, and my car ended up about 75 yards off the road. My red 2013 Mazda CX-5 that I had bought just two months ago and only made one payment on, was totaled. The airbag smacked me extremely hard in the chest, and I was taken by ambulance to the hospital for X-rays and CT scans of my head and chest. Fortunately I had no cracked or broken ribs, and no whiplash, but my body is so friggin' sore all over right now I can hardly move. I took off work on Thursday and Friday, and Monday is a holiday, so at least I have 5 days to recover before going back to work.

After stripping my old car of all the accessories I had already installed, I stopped at the Toyota dealer where I had bought the car. They had another almost identical CX-5 on the used lot, a black 2014 with the larger 2.5 liter engine and 40,000 less miles on it, so I ended up buying that car, and I picked it up from the dealer on Friday, only two days after the accident. So, all of the accessories I had purchased for the 2013 CX-5 fit into the new car perfectly. I'm sure my coworkers will look at me funny when I arrive at work on Tuesday with the same but different color car! 😄

My poor dead 2013 Mazda CX-5:
redmazdacrash.jpg

My "new" 2014 Mazda CX-5:
blackmazdanew.jpg

Now I just need to keep every car on the road away from my car for at least 10 years, thank you! 😤

Last edited:
I was in a bad car accident on Wednesday, one day after my birthday. Happy Birthday to me... ugh. On the way home from work a woman shot out like a rocket from a stop sign turning left towards me and hit me amost head on, and my car ended up about 75 yards off the road. My red 2013 Mazda CX-5 that I had bought just two months ago and only made one payment on, was totaled. The airbag smacked me extremely hard in the chest, and I was taken by ambulance to the hospital for X-rays and CT scans of my head and chest. Fortunately I had no cracked or broken ribs, and no whiplash, but my body is so friggin' sore all over right now I can hardly move. I took off work on Thursday and Friday, and Monday is a holiday, so at least I have 5 days to recover before going back to work.

After stripping my old car of all the accessories I had already installed, I stopped at the Toyota dealer where I had bought the car. They had another almost identical CX-5 on the used lot, a black 2014 with the larger 2.5 liter engine and 40,000 less miles on it, so I ended up buying that car, and I picked it up from the dealer on Friday, only two days after the accident. So, all of the accessories I had purchased for the 2013 CX-5 fit into the new car perfectly. I'm sure my coworkers will look at me funny when I arrive at work on Tuesday with the same but different color car! 😄

redmazdacrash.jpg

blackmazdanew.jpg

Now I just need to keep every car on the road away from my car for at least 10 years, thank you! 😤

Wishing u a speedy recovery! :)

I was in a bad car accident on Wednesday, one day after my birthday. Happy Birthday to me... ugh. On the way home from work a woman shot out like a rocket from a stop sign turning left towards me and hit me almost head on, and my car ended up about 75 yards off the road. My red 2013 Mazda CX-5 that I had bought just two months ago and only made one payment on, was totaled. The airbag smacked me extremely hard in the chest, and I was taken by ambulance to the hospital for X-rays and CT scans of my head and chest. Fortunately I had no cracked or broken ribs, and no whiplash, but my body is so friggin' sore all over right now I can hardly move. I took off work on Thursday and Friday, and Monday is a holiday, so at least I have 5 days to recover before going back to work.

redmazdacrash.jpg

blackmazdanew.jpg

Damn man, I'm glad you're ok.

Dunno about US law but if that happened in the UK that lady be facing jail time for driving like that.

redmazdacrash.jpg

blackmazdanew.jpg

What a horror story. I'm glad you were able to walk away from that one.

This is probably a good moment to remind people that airbags are designed to stop people getting killed, not hurt. In some circumstances they can cause worse injuries than the crash. Never wear ID badge lanyards while driving, for example. There have been cases of airbags shoving those into the driver's chest cavity or perforating their intestines.

What a horror story. I'm glad you were able to walk away from that one.

This is probably a good moment to remind people that airbags are designed to stop people getting killed, not hurt. In some circumstances they can cause worse injuries than the crash. Never wear ID badge lanyards while driving, for example. There have been cases of airbags shoving those into the driver's chest cavity or perforating their intestines.
That lliterally happened to someone at work a few years ago. An email was sent around to everyone warning us to take of our lanyards when driving.

Back