What did you BUY today?

What a horror story. I'm glad you were able to walk away from that one.

This is probably a good moment to remind people that airbags are designed to stop people getting killed, not hurt. In some circumstances they can cause worse injuries than the crash. Never wear ID badge lanyards while driving, for example. There have been cases of airbags shoving those into the driver's chest cavity or perforating their intestines.
That lliterally happened to someone at work a few years ago. An email was sent around to everyone warning us to take of our lanyards when driving.

Damn man, I'm glad you're ok.

Dunno about US law but if that happened in the UK that lady be facing jail time for driving like that.

She'll just get a fine, probably around $200, that's about all she'll get. I heard she had an injured wrist and/or hand, but I don't know how bad. Looking at her car from a distance where I ended up off the road, her entire front of the car was crumpled up, worse than my car. Fortunately, I did purchase Gap insurance wehen I bought the car, so that will cover the $2000 difference between what the Insurance company gives me for the car, and the total payout amount of the loan. Also, since the accident was her fault, Insurance will cover all the hospital bills and my deductable, so any costs that are accident related I won't have to pay for. The only thing I'm out is the $1000 down payment I made from my bank account, and about $150 of accessories I put into the car that I couldn't salvage from the wrecked vehicle.

What a horror story. I'm glad you were able to walk away from that one.

This is probably a good moment to remind people that airbags are designed to stop people getting killed, not hurt. In some circumstances they can cause worse injuries than the crash. Never wear ID badge lanyards while driving, for example. There have been cases of airbags shoving those into the driver's chest cavity or perforating their intestines.

Yes, airbags can be pretty harsh on you, that was my second accident where the airbags deployed, but the first time the airbags worked good, and didn't injure me at all. I actually was wearing my lanyard with ID cards from work around my neck, but it did not injure me at all, fortunately. I was worried about my stomach area, where I had a Whipple procedure done on me for pancreatic cancer a year and a half ago, but the blow to the chest didn't seem to affect that at all. My sturnum and the ribs around it are just very sore.

Last edited:
Over 1000 beads (for making necklaces for me to wear) 🤔 👍

Here's hoping quality is at least mostly good - I've been very happy with my previous Temu orders :)

Attachments

• Temu Beads Order Screenshot 1.jpg
    Temu Beads Order Screenshot 1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Temu Beads Order Screenshot 7.jpg
    Temu Beads Order Screenshot 7.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Temu Beads Order Screenshot 6.jpg
    Temu Beads Order Screenshot 6.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Temu Beads Order Screenshot 5.jpg
    Temu Beads Order Screenshot 5.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Temu Beads Order Screenshot 4.jpg
    Temu Beads Order Screenshot 4.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Temu Beads Order Screenshot 3.jpg
    Temu Beads Order Screenshot 3.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Temu Beads Order Screenshot 2.jpg
    Temu Beads Order Screenshot 2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1
Got my payback from giffgaff yesterday (a whole £53) and decided to spend most of it on switch games (after I had a rage moment that I had to purchase each one through the website and not the switch eShop because said shop only relied on funds already on the account and not the paypal account I'd just linked)

Sonic Forces
Xcom 2 Collection
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition
Persona 5 Strikers

I'm sorry to hear that.

Hearing couriers taking deliveries always makes my blood boil, I hope you can get that resolved.

I don't know that it was the courier tbf - it could have been taken by another resident in my building or stolen when the front door was opened for some other reason by a passer by. But thankyou, hopefully I will figure out a way to get my money back at least :)

I don't know that it was the courier tbf - it could have been taken by another resident in my building or stolen when the front door was opened for some other reason by a passer by. But thankyou, hopefully I will figure out a way to get my money back at least :)

I have now requested a refund and they have said I will get one for the full amount via my original payment method, fingers crossed it actually comes through I guess 🫠

Pretty dresses! (I purchased the purple one earlier this week not today though!) I'm so excited to get these they just look sooo cute (the pink and white one is being made in custom size for me) 🥰

Attachments

• Lavender Blue Purple Avallon Maxi Dress Holy Clothing.jpg
    Lavender Blue Purple Avallon Maxi Dress Holy Clothing.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Pink and White Short Sleeved Lolita Dress.jpg
    Pink and White Short Sleeved Lolita Dress.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 7
  • Red Casual Lolita Dress Long Sleeves.jpg
    Red Casual Lolita Dress Long Sleeves.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 7
I have now requested a refund and they have said I will get one for the full amount via my original payment method, fingers crossed it actually comes through I guess 🫠

I got my beads in the end! Turns out a neighbour had taken in the package cuz they were worried it might get stolen then cuz their eyesight isn't very good they couldn't figure out who it was for so easily :) I'll contact Temu in the morning to let them know I no longer need a refund :)

I got my beads in the end! Turns out a neighbour had taken in the package cuz they were worried it might get stolen then cuz their eyesight isn't very good they couldn't figure out who it was for so easily :) I'll contact Temu in the morning to let them know I no longer need a refund :)

Update: I did contact Temu the morning after posting that and explained, they said that because they don't have a means to charge me again I can keep both the beads and the refunded money, they also thanked me for being an honest customer - I'm very grateful and I have placed another order with them since then containing some more beads plus some very big towels and a new wallet cuz the one I bought from a charity shop got a broken popper a lil while after - I don't think anyone could have predicted that tbf and I won't be taking it back cuz it only cost a few quid anyway, but looking forward to getting a nice new one :)

Been looking for a good price on that Lucky Star set for ages, congrats on the good find. Hoping I can upgrade to it one day.
I just happened to be lucky that an eBay seller I follow listed it and I just kinda bought it on a whim. I'm not familiar with the release and there's not too much info on it beyond defunct store listings, but based on that I assumed it was a good price. Also I figured this was a good chance to finally grab a copy of Lucky Star for my collection.

I just happened to be lucky that an eBay seller I follow listed it and I just kinda bought it on a whim. I'm not familiar with the release and there's not too much info on it beyond defunct store listings, but based on that I assumed it was a good price. Also I figured this was a good chance to finally grab a copy of Lucky Star for my collection.

For the longest time I haven't seen it below £100.00, so you definitely got... "Lucky" 😂

Is a great series as well if this will be your first time watching, a favourite of mine.

Pretty dresses! (I purchased the purple one earlier this week not today though!) I'm so excited to get these they just look sooo cute (the pink and white one is being made in custom size for me) 🥰

This one arrived and it fits super well! They did a great job making it a cute comfy fit on me from the extensive measurements I provided and I'm really impressed! 🥰

Attachments

• Pink and White Short Sleeved Lolita Dress.jpg
    Pink and White Short Sleeved Lolita Dress.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 6
Back