What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

7m8hg3igjnd81.jpg

New World is fantastic. Up there with the best Korean crime movies of the last 25 years imo. The elevator scene is still magnificent to this day. Hwang Jun Min is one of my favourite Korean actors, love the grin on this cover!

I Saw The Devil is equally great though tbh, but i always prefer mob/crime films. Choi Min Sik is brilliant in both. One scene in this has brutality that has to be seen to be believed!

I like the Squid Game connection in both your purchases!

These were both actually blind buys! - but the trailers looked great and they got good reviews :D

For blind buys they're great purchases. I kinda fell off Korean cinema in the last 10 years or so, but there's so many great crime/thrillers/drama from like 1997-2012. If you haven't already then (outside of the obvious like the chaser, bittersweet life, oldboy, Memories of Murder, JSA etc) then check out Nameless Gangster, A Dirty Carnival, Breathless, Yellow Sea. The first two are again to there with the best K cinema has to offer imo.

Edit - just going through my collection, i sold so many of them during my various house moves over the last decade but kept a few where i know they're rare editions. Others I've just kept the discs and threw away cases (more recommendations: chaser, a company man, man from nowhere, mother, thirst, the unjust)

My Korean collectors editions that i opted to keep are below :)

IMG_20220124_163012888.jpg

Last edited:
Here is Round 2 of the Japanese B2 Posters I received from Japan last week for my theater room walls. I blindly selected 3 more posters from the shipping box, and came up with these for today's post:

Fate/stay night Heavens Feel Lost Butterfly Blu-ray and DVD release poster
Children who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below Makoto Shinkai/CoMix Wave Films poster
Phantom in the Twilight Happy Elements promotional poster

Remember Phantom in the Twilight? I really enjoyed the series, but I guess it will never get a physical release, so I had to save the series via other means. I was quite exited to obtain a poster for it...

fsnhflbb2.jpg

agarthab2.jpg

phantomtwilightb2.jpg

Last edited:
Here is Round 2 of the Japanese B2 Posters I received from Japan last week for my theater room walls. I blindly selected 3 more posters from the shipping box, and came up with these for today's post:

Children who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below Makoto Shinkai/CoMix Wave Films poster

Remember Phantom in the Twilight? I really enjoyed the series, but I guess it will never get a US physical release, so I had to save the series via other means. I was elated to obtain a poster for it...

fsnhflbb2.jpg

agarthab2.jpg

phantomtwilightb2.jpg
i remember that show, i think i dropped it within the first 2 episodes, it doesn't even have a physical release in Japan either as it all got cancelled, speaking of the better unrelated sequel, i wonder if i could find one of these posters for the girl in twilight with all 4 of them sat at the diner table but i'm afraid to look because i know i'll buy it despite a high cost haha

i remember that show, i think i dropped it within the first 2 episodes, it doesn't even have a physical release in Japan either as it all got cancelled
I remember it got a pretty bad reception, yet I thought it was a decent reverse harem series, I watched all 12 episodes. I tend to like reverse harems, since they are usually presented more maturely than the typical comedy-based regular harem series. As long as the female lead is cute, I'm all in.

I wish Children of the Whales would have gotten a physical release too, I guess that's forever lost in Netflix jail. I'm also really anxious to hear about any progress at all from AL on We Rent Tsukumogami, another series I've been anxiously wanting a physical release for.

Remember Phantom in the Twilight? I really enjoyed the series, but I guess it will never get a physical release, so I had to save the series via other means. I was quite exited to obtain a poster for it...
What kind of condition did the B-grade posters from Mandarake end up being in? I'm trying to get a feel for their grading standards before ordering a few items, since I've never used them before.

What kind of condition did the B-grade posters end up being in? I'm trying to get a feel for their grading standards before ordering a few items, since I've never used them before.
B grade posters are pretty much like new; I didn't even see any wrinkled edges or tape or pin marks or any real signs of use. I think these are all actually brand new, never used posters and the grading is only indicating the condition they are in after long-term storage. I only purchased one C- grade poster which I just happened to pull out today, and that had some staining on the exposed back surface of the rolled poster, but the front is fine. I have not seen any S or A grade posters available, almost all are graded either B, B-, C+, C, or C-. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of those.

Last edited:
Ding Ding! So here is Round 3 for today's selection of three Japanese B2 posters for my theater room, randomly pulled from the shipping box:

The Irregular at Magic High School Blu-ray Disc Box release poster
Gosick Blu-ray and DVD release poster
Banner of the Stars (alt version) Volume 1 Video, Laser Disc, and DVD release poster

irregularmagichighb2.jpg

gosickb2.jpg

bannerstars2b2.jpg
Don't know the show but that Banner of the Stars poster is really cool

@WMD - do you have some sort of bot program running to automaticlly add likes to posts within 30 seconds of their posting? LOL, I 'm envisioning you continually refreshing the New Posts list with one finger while your other finger is hovering over the like button... 😁

Just teasing! Crest of the Stars and Banner of the Stars is an older 3-season space opera series from 1999-2001, somewhat like Space Battleship Yamato or Legend of the Galactic Heroes, only with teenage main characters. I just recently finished watching my Bandai DVD set of Crest of the Stars for the first time, and I need to jump into the two Banner seasons next. I also bought the recent Funimation DVD re-releases of the series, but the consensus seems to be that the original Bandai DVDs are of better quality - par for the course with Funimation, of course... 🙄

Last edited:
B grade posters are pretty much like new; I didn't even see any wrinkled edges or tape or pin marks or any real signs of use. I think these are all actually brand new, never used posters and the grading is only indicating the condition they are in after long-term storage. I only purchased one C grade poster which I just happened to pull out today, and that had some staining on the exposed back surface of the rolled poster, but the front is fine. I have not seen any S or A grade posters available, almost all are graded either B, B-, C+, C, or C-. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of those.
Sounds better than I expected. Thanks.

Back