What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

sodOUHp.jpg

I decided that it was time to expand what I could stream with a USB based stop gap capture device and a 1 in 2 out HDMI splitter which will hopefully allow me to capture from my PS3.

LOL that must be a new record 😁

I'm not in a big hurry to get Rayearth as I already have the US Discotek release, but these CE releases definitively look better than the bare bones Discotek release.

So today we have two anime packages. Both shipped out yesterday (and the latter of which was a surprise).

IoUxbi4h.jpg

First we have Black Clover Season 1 collection which covers episodes 1-51 of the long-running anime series. I read the first three volumes of the manga first and I liked what it had to offer so I figured I'll pick up the anime series via season set. The first two discs re-use the Sony Pictures UK release but the actual content is perfectly fine. Interestingly the first opening and closing songs were not included in the Funimation release (licensing issues I suspect). You can view more photos and specs on my blog.

Vbykrzbh.jpg

Next we have Magic Knight Rayearth Part 1 collector's edition. 90s + Isekai + CLAMP = of course I am going to pick it up. No seriously look at those character designs, love it. Honestly, I have not actually watched this series before so it's a blind-buy much like 80% of my anime purchases but I really like this collector's set. The discs are the same as the Discotek Media version but region locked to B. You can view more photos and specs on my blog.

Australian release, Berserk: The Golden Age Arc Movie Collection, in case anyone is intrested with the copies that seem to be floating around/avalible to buy. I personally quite like it and just 1 normal 3 disc case so takes up less space, but probably not for everyone.

20200724_155457.jpg
20200724_155513.jpg20200724_155518.jpg

Last edited:
aside from ebay are there any good places to get these from that won't hit me with customs?
I actually ordered these from CDJapan and didn't get hit. These clear files were only 348 yen each which is roughly £2.60 and a lot of other clear files have similar pricing so you likely won't get hit unless you're going over £15 iirc.

Back