What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

ugLj7TC.jpg

Well dang it, if I would have known Bartender was shipping immediately, I would have definitely ordered the EB.... it said on the product page they had a small amount available for pre-order, not available for immediate shipping, so I figured they would just ship somewhat earlier, like two months from now, instead of the regular release date 4 or 5 months out. Plus the UK set has a digipak - I'm worried the US version will have the discs in a Blu-ray case, and I much prefer a digipak... :(

Well dang it, if I would have known Bartender was shipping immediately, I would have definitely ordered the EB.... it said on the product page they had a small amount available for pre-order, not available for immediate shipping, so I figured they would just ship somewhat earlier, like two months from now, instead of the regular release date 4 or 5 months out. Plus the UK set has a digipak - I'm worried the US version will have the discs in a Blu-ray case, and I much prefer a digipak... :(
It did state there were advance copies on the store page, and twice in the blog post, and on the last day of the Early Bird they even tweeted and posted to Facebook a picture of an advance copy to show they had the product available immediately.

View attachment 14881anyone else started reading this thoughts?
I'm at vol. 1.
Somehow it feels a bit like he's trying to do the same pattern what he did to the ninjas + supernatural folklore elements, but now with Samurais + Retro styles SciFi. The latter forcefully feels less fresh with Samurais being pretty very overused already and them alienated from what they originally were is also more common by now than it is not. (With all those different Oda Nobunagas...)
Other than that the beginning was rather confusing, it seems that the plot itself is fairly simple for the time being (the usual hook of finding stuff to send your MC to a journey), but there are already tons of details that so far are just there dangling around. The weakest bit however are still the characters, they somehow just seem very plain and seem to lack self-defining traits beyond the plot requirements. (I already can't remember any of the names anymore if that's any sign.)
Art is solid (and overall more clean/polished than Boruto's) and its visible that quite some thought was put in th designs, but somehow lacks something really very eye catchy. I had completely brushed over it as being a generic Shonen that probably won't live long/be talked about much, until I by chance caught on the names on it, after I made a blind bid on an ebay listing.
Seems like it's still alive and kicking, but the not much talked about seems to be true enough. (First time I saw somebody else picking it up in fact.)
Personally I probably would continue reading it, if I come across the next vols in trades or random ebay listing. Not feeling much of a loss so far at not continueing.

I'm at vol. 1.
Somehow it feels a bit like he's trying to do the same pattern what he did to the ninjas + supernatural folklore elements, but now with Samurais + Retro styles SciFi. The latter forcefully feels less fresh with Samurais being pretty very overused already and them alienated from what they originally were is also more common by now than it is not. (With all those different Oda Nobunagas...)
Other than that the beginning was rather confusing, it seems that the plot itself is fairly simple for the time being (the usual hook of finding stuff to send your MC to a journey), but there are already tons of details that so far are just there dangling around. The weakest bit however are still the characters, they somehow just seem very plain and seem to lack self-defining traits beyond the plot requirements. (I already can't remember any of the names anymore if that's any sign.)
Art is solid (and overall more clean/polished than Boruto's) and its visible that quite some thought was put in th designs, but somehow lacks something really very eye catchy. I had completely brushed over it as being a generic Shonen that probably won't live long/be talked about much, until I by chance caught on the names on it, after I made a blind bid on an ebay listing.
Seems like it's still alive and kicking, but the not much talked about seems to be true enough. (First time I saw somebody else picking it up in fact.)
Personally I probably would continue reading it, if I come across the next vols in trades or random ebay listing. Not feeling much of a loss so far at not continueing.
Thanks for the rundown on thoughts

Back