What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Fantastic, man. 😀👍

I've got the thread for the Train to Busan trilogy simulwatch all drafted up and ready to go. I'll wait until the beginning of next month before I put it up, still well ahead of its 25 October start.

I hope you'll enjoy the films, dude. I'm not even a horror fan, and I really rate Busan and its prequel, Seoul Station. I haven't seen the sequel, Peninsula, yet. It doesn't seem to be as well regarded, but I'm still keen to see it.

Fantastic, man. 😀👍

I've got the thread for the Train to Busan trilogy simulwatch all drafted up and ready to go. I'll wait until the beginning of next month before I put it up, still well ahead of its 25 October start.

I hope you'll enjoy the films, dude. I'm not even a horror fan, and I really rate Busan and its prequel, Seoul Station. I haven't seen the sequel, Peninsula, yet. It doesn't seem to be as well regarded, but I'm still keen to see it.
I enjoy horrors though these days I'm more likely to watch ridiculous b movie horrors. Are we going to watch in release order or chronological order. I normally watch things in release order but dont know if this has a recommended order.

Are we going to watch in release order or chronological order. I normally watch things in release order but dont know if this has a recommended order.
Funny you should ask that, because I had to have a quick think about that while I was drafting the opening post for the thread.

I've got it set up to go with release order, just as you prefer yourself; I think the prequel will play better that way. So it'll be in the order of Train to Busan, Seoul Station, then Peninsula.

R&H1.jpg
One arrival today and another from a day ago or so. Robotrix from 88 Films and the somewhat flawed yet interesting Higehiro (and the corresponding storage box).
R&H2.jpg

Included in Higehiro Vol 1 is the first 3 episodes, a CD featuring a newly written story by the series author (also present in a booklet here as well) and a booklet containing character art.

Anime from Spain today. Really nice sets. HW and HBS have quite in depth booklets with interviews and info. HW also comes with the soundtrack CD. YLIA is pretty special. Has a special manga, large booklet, sticker sheet and loads of large art cards. As usual with this style of collectors the back of the box has a nice piece of display art on it.

16321595693002175334267438001015.jpg

And contents of the sets

1632159640408681248261379713105.jpg

16321597091473296244299057772994.jpg

16321597494888856855624530891054.jpg

16321598521862742082445534091773.jpg

16321599531808923402877693863439.jpg
16321599778247431422779979830684.jpg

16321600043426953314056627305504.jpg
16321600344893871026242186176382.jpg

Last edited:
Daaaamn @WMD, first of all, love that in depth unboxing you did for all those!

Also, Spain's collector's edition game is strong as hell.

Lastly, you remind me I need to buy the Spanish sets for haikyuu season 2 because it's non-existent otherwise (looking at the UK and France). I thought it was super popular? The first season is spectacular and awakened my love for sports anime 🔥

Daaaamn @WMD, first of all, love that in depth unboxing you did for all those!

Also, Spain's collector's edition game is strong as hell.
No worries. I figure as few people here would ever see them I may as well show them off a bit. Yeah the large size collectors editions that Selecta Vision do occasionally are very nice. I also have the Record of Lodoss War and Akame Ga Kill ones are they're also really nice.

Lastly, you remind me I need to buy the Spanish sets for haikyuu season 2 because it's non-existent otherwise (looking at the UK and France). I thought it was super popular? The first season is spectacular and awakened my love for sports anime 🔥
Yeah here it was on the Animatsu label and for whatever reason I only season1 and 2 ever came out. I have the collected season 1 to 3 that Spain released (they're also on sale separately) and season 4 is available for preorder in Spain already. And yeah it's an incredible show. The last couple of episodes of season 3 I couldnt sit down. I was pacing around my room while watching I was so excited lol

No worries. I figure as few people here would ever see them I may as well show them off a bit. Yeah the large size collectors editions that Selecta Vision do occasionally are very nice. I also have the Record of Lodoss War and Akame Ga Kill ones are they're also really nice.

Yeah here it was on the Animatsu label and for whatever reason I only season1 and 2 ever came out. I have the collected season 1 to 3 that Spain released (they're also on sale separately) and season 4 is available for preorder in Spain already. And yeah it's an incredible show. The last couple of episodes of season 3 I couldnt sit down. I was pacing around my room while watching I was so excited lol

It bums me out that I can't find the CE for season 3 in stock anywhere (well, Google, Selecta Vision's site, Amazon ES and Fnac ES). That's kinda putting me off of getting it altogether if it's just to have season 1,2 and 4 🤷‍♂️ You know of any other sites? Barring eBay, which is kinda last resort for me.

Anime on ceramic tiles - nice! Those didn't by chance come from Terry Tiles in Italy? I know there are other manufacturers, too. I imported a whole set of Studio Ghibli tiles from them about 7 years ago, including a Totoro mosaic:

sgtiles.jpg

totomosaic1.jpg

Anime on ceramic tiles - nice! Those didn't by chance come from Terry Tiles in Italy? I know there are other manufacturers, too. I imported a whole set of Studio Ghibli tiles from them about 7 years ago, including a Totoro mosaic:

sgtiles.jpg

totomosaic1.jpg
I love your Studio Ghibli tile collection 😍

I obtained my Akira collection from Japan - several tiles were created depicting famous scenes from the anime and manga as part of the Art of Wall project.

No worries. I figure as few people here would ever see them I may as well show them off a bit.
I second the appreciation there and thanks for sharing. Certainly good to see sets that like you said most others here, such as myself, wouldn't have come across. That Hello World digipak looks fantastic, I wonder if AL will do something similar (I recall they had the rights to it here?). Fortunately they did a grand job with their Your Lie in April set so I'm not coveting that one half as much as I would be otherwise heh.

sgtiles.jpg

totomosaic1.jpg
That is brilliant!

It bums me out that I can't find the CE for season 3 in stock anywhere (well, Google, Selecta Vision's site, Amazon ES and Fnac ES). That's kinda putting me off of getting it altogether if it's just to have season 1,2 and 4 🤷‍♂️ You know of any other sites? Barring eBay, which is kinda last resort for me.
I cant think of any off the top of my head I'm afraid. I've only ever bought spanish anime from amazon. Does seem odd that seasons 1 and 2 are still available but 3 isnt.

I cant think of any off the top of my head I'm afraid. I've only ever bought spanish anime from amazon. Does seem odd that seasons 1 and 2 are still available but 3 isnt.

The hype is back on, I repeat: the hype is back on!!

Found a Madrid local shop that had season 3 in stock, so I just went ahead and ordered that and the other two seasons from Amazon and Fnac.

Having the French CE for the first season and having loved it so much, not being able to own the rest of the series was something that always bothered me. I'm glad I was able to get it in the end!

ECrx9tsh.jpg

rkfaHKzh.jpg
JvmxEZuh.jpg
7Rkc2rLh.jpg
ULtmMeUh.jpg
jJhrGFfh.jpg
uRbRHBEh.jpg
fzYqW54h.jpg

A bunch of items today. Starting off with Conception PLUS: Maidens of the Twelve Stars for PlayStation 4, published by Spike Chunsoft & Numskull Games. This is a JRPG that started on PSP but was never localised outside Japan (Conception 2 did for PlayStation Vita). PLUS is the remastered version. Been wanting to get this game for ages but waited until the price was right.

vq7DUs7h.jpg

Y1o6XCKh.jpg
XiESrRAh.jpg

Next we have Prison School Manga Omnibus 12, 13 & 14, published by Yen Press. Omnibus 14 arrived yesterday but the rest came today. Basically there was a delay due to Royal Mail sending my Amazon package to the wrong depot. Anywho, the 28 volume series compiled into 14 omnibus books is now complete!

Next we have two more Asian Cinema films joining the collection, both were initially supposed to be released in July/August time but there were delays in production. Also because of warehouse issues with the distributor and demand, I ordered them both on Amazon which surprisingly dispatched pretty quickly.

To provide some additional context, in Hong Kong, they have a rating called Category III which is basically the equivalent of NC-17 and BBFC 18 and the types of content that fit the rating are extreme violence, gang-related stuff (like triads), strong sex, and sexual violence. 88 Films started a new line-up earlier in the year dedicated to this rating which began with Erotic Ghost Story and now continues with these two.

YmsvHkuh.jpg

PEAv1Fxh.jpg

iytjtieh.jpg

V0Kl6Zth.jpg

orHJZMeh.jpg

zc9uAJOh.jpg

F2IiRrNh.jpg

4x4Zrewh.jpg
AVbxLdwh.jpg

SRvfxzlh.jpg

UPflW2Yh.jpg

u8TCqkBh.jpg
0CUEkwIh.jpg

nGaahAch.jpg

bSSFWlMh.jpg

yiPTyL0h.jpg

4k2OOA7h.jpg

GOY0pmah.jpg

DBAyQKbh.jpg

7Bhzo9xh.jpg

Starting off with Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky, Nam Nai-Choi's 1991 film based on Masahiko Takajo and Saruwatari Tetsuya's Japanese manga Riki-Oh. I remember hearing many interesting things about this particular film, so I am looking forward to experiencing it for the first time.

The film is part of Category III due to extreme violence and is released by 88 Films in deluxe limited edition packaging. The set comes with a rigid box, amaray case with postcards and double-sided folded poster inside, and a very nice booklet that includes a short history of Hong Kong Prison films, interview with voice-over artist Simon Broad and more.

auZJmAgh.jpg

zhBLH0jh.jpg

ZtRaG3gh.jpg

KvBVxvuh.jpg

FjJiaHHh.jpg

zGxyvuih.jpg

zZBwCSth.jpg
5BQXpH1h.jpg

GC5V5Fph.jpg

vglOAPGh.jpg

3bUWn3Jh.jpg

KludkT9h.png
5MaiLn9h.jpg

Y8wkAbXh.jpg

2mb05bbh.jpg

bH37Wd4h.jpg

kCEpGxvh.jpg

IVLXJdEh.jpg

dvJ9QIbh.jpg

w9645iNh.jpg

IMEuhpth.jpg

Amzjh4Lh.jpg

dJAFtwwh.jpg

hJKYMswh.jpg

R7c4n7lh.png

Next we also have Robotrix, Jamie Luk's 1991 film released uncut for the first time in the UK. Sci-fi spy exploitation film from Hong Kong so I'm very interested to see how it is.

The film is part of Category III due to both sex and sexual violence, and is released by 88 Films in deluxe limited edition packaging. The set comes with a rigid box, amaray case with postcards inside, a larger double-sided folded poster, and a thicc booklet that includes interviews with director Jamie Luk and actor Vincent Lyn, a history of how Robotrix was handled by the BBFC in the past, and more.

NTVrTUdh.jpg

Back