What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Finally own the complete series of Hyouka after only having AL's Part 1 release for the longest time (which I am still keeping, hoping to track down Part 2 for a somewhat decent price someday).

Funimation's LE is still a really nice release though, been liking these UK exclusive LE's they've been putting out, next on the list is Death Parade.

Hyouka (Limited Edition) (BD)

20220106_101015.jpg

I heard the Fate community hate the adaptation because one of the side characters got snuffed from the film. Which is stupid because they only played a bit part anyway so I'm sure the film is otherwise fine. I do hate being part of the Fate community sometimes...
I thought the second film WAS liked that’s what I heard put up with this one cos the second one is better. (And I’ve held back rewatching Bab because I know Camelot was chapter 6 and Bab 7)

I thought the second film WAS liked that’s what I heard put up with this one cos the second one is better. (And I’ve held back rewatching Bab because I know Camelot was chapter 6 and Bab 7)
Wait I thought you said it had bad reviews? I was just explaining the (annoying) feedback I kept reading. Camelot is genuinely good though if that is what you mean?

Nevermind, I think I'm confused by what you mean so I'll just leave you to enjoy it.

Wait I thought you said it had bad reviews? I was just explaining the (annoying) feedback I kept reading. Camelot is genuinely good though if that is what you mean?

Nevermind, I think I'm confused by what you mean so I'll just leave you to enjoy it.
What I heard about the first one sounded like an overreaction to me. This is the Fate community after all. That said I'm mostly interested in the movies since the second one was produced much like a Disney movie with each character having their own director/animator. Very unusual in the anime industry

What I heard about the first one sounded like an overreaction to me. This is the Fate community after all. That said I'm mostly interested in the movies since the second one was produced much like a Disney movie with each character having their own director/animator. Very unusual in the anime industry
Yeah that is my take as well. The complaints I read were centrered around a certain character not being in the movie who ultimately had no influence on the story at all. I won't mention specifics incase of spoilers.

I didn't know that tidbit about the 2nd movie, that's really cool. I'm really looking forward to seeing the most wtf conclusion to a Fate arc finally animated though.

Hassan of the hundred faces is cut, this is the assassin Kotomine Kirei summoned in Fate Zero and instead we follow Hassan of the cursed arm aka the assassin from Heaven's Feel. Basically this arc is a loose continuation of the Saber Route from FSN (Fate/Deen Night now relevent? lol)

Last edited:
January Week 1 haul.

Two packaged arrived yesterday at separate times.

gZYaqNFh.jpg

1QdiIx2h.jpg

8xCj1gDh.jpg

First up we have the Nintendo Switch OLED console, which arrived a day earlier than expected. Amazon had more stock throughout this past week and thanks to payday I was able to finally order it. This is one of the big items that I wanted to acquire sooner than later, and it took this long due to other factors.

For the record, PlayStation will still be the main go-to for the games that I play and the Switch is just for the exclusives or those that make sense to acquire for that platform.

JiuSYZqh.jpg

Also arrived surprisingly was the limited edition Blu-ray release of Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Season 1 from Funimation & Madman. I ordered it through Madman as they were selling US stock which was a surprise because the set was out of print before its US release. This took 2 months to arrive due to COVID getting in the way of Australian shipment, but it arrived in pretty solid condition so that's good. Honestly surprised I even managed to get my hands on this set. You can view more photos/specs on my blog.

I just put together a new bookcase as my collection has expanded too much. Needed a third bookshelf.

While doing that i thought I'd photo my new pick ups over the last week. Will detail them below.

IMG_20220108_154552959.jpg

Durarara X2 Ten - picked this up from animebluray.com so now i have all parts and currently part way through my watch of (what i think is) this excellent show.

Donnie Darko 4K LE - been meaning to pick this up for some time. Can't wait to rewatch this, was mad about this when it came out back in the day.

The Last Broadcast CE and Trespass CE - both from 101 films in their Black Label range, nice packaging, book and extras. TLB is an excellent found footage horror, one of the best imo, about The Jersey Devil. Trespass is a great action film about two firemen who go into gang territory to find a stash of stolen valuables.

Session 9 - From Second Sight. They do awesome Special Editions. Film is another great horror film about a cleaning crew going in to an abandoned mental asylum.

Dilinger/Robbery/The League of Gentlemen - Three standard releases. Really looking forward to watching TLoG, heard great things.

Savage Harbor - Vinegar Syndrome release. Love these editions, best slipcases in the business. probably My favourite purchase of the year as its long been OOP. Vinegar Syndrome found some more in their warehouse and put them up on New Years Day at 5am. Had to get up early and managed to snag one before it sold out within 2-3 minutes.

Last edited:
Back