I, a Demon Lord, took a Slave Elf as my Wife, but how do I Love Her? ch 38 - 39

In Another World With My Smartphone ch 62

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san ch 208 - 209

Lust Geass ch 41

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime ch 91

The Rising of the Shield Hero ch 83

Tsugumomo ch 145

Chio's School Road vol 9 (complete)
This is quite funny at times, but also you can definitely tell the mangaka's background in hentai as in some parts it goes a bit ecchi, but in a bit of a sleazy way. Like the girl who plays a physical sport so she can grab other girls and elementary girls who play a game where the point is to ram their fingers up the other girls butt! There's also a plot where Chio, a first year high schooler, starts dating an older guy, who must be in his 20s at least. Whilst it's quite sweet and not done in a sleazy way like the above, it still felt a little off.
I did like all the references to gaming especially as a lot were Western game related as you don't get many of those in other things I've seen or read and the friendship between Chio and Manana feels so realistic.
7/10

The Greatest Magicmaster's Retirement Plan volume 12 (LN)
Daily Report About My Witch Senpai volume 1 - Very cute manga, eager to see how things wrap up with Volume 2!
Banished From the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside volume 4 (LN)
Fantasy Inbound volume 1 (LN)
The Tales of Marielle Clarac volume 8 (LN)
When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace volume 1 (LN)

Full Metal Panic vol4-5
It's interesting how volumes 4 and 5 have so little focus on the enemies until the end so the anime managed to blend in a fair bit of extra content. The book probably handles Souskes mental fall better than the anime. Mostly because we get more of his internal monologue.

Final Lullaby vol1-2
Another kickstarter comic. Fun amd at times intense little story about witches and vampires in Durham.

The Undead King's Reign of Peace volume 1 (LN, complete)
My Stepmom's Daughter is My Ex volume 1 (LN)
Bloom Into You volumes 7-8 (complete) - Liked the ending for this, was a sweet series overall.

Sora & Hara (Classmates #4) by Asumiko Nakamura Seven Seas (arrived at long last!)
A Man and His Cat #5 by Umi Sakurai Square Enix Manga (review to follow)
Digital Manga:
Hiraeth #1 by Yuhki Kamatani from Kodansha - wonderfully strange and thought-provoking, as always, But why has it disappeared from sale?! No reasons given. It seems as if I was lucky to get my copy as others have not been so lucky...
Bad Boys, Happy Home #3 SHOOWA and Hiromasa Okujima SuBLime - final volume of this hard-hitting comedy/drama (the 'crazy' humour is very much a SHOOWA thing - we need more SHOOWA in English, physical copies, not just on Renta). A very different BL series - you'll either love it or walk away.

Digital Manga:
Hiraeth #1 by Yuhki Kamatani from Kodansha - wonderfully strange and thought-provoking, as always, But why has it disappeared from sale?! No reasons given. It seems as if I was lucky to get my copy as others have not been so lucky...

Looking at the article ANN wrote about the release, it seems like it got pushed to March due to a production issue. So I guess it got pulled from sale after they noticed...

Seems like I was 'lucky' to have got my download on the 4th (I missed the update to the article, which seems to have been on the 7th)! 😅 (It reads perfectly well, so I wonder what the 'production issue' was...)
I wonder if there's a name or term that they've needed to replace, can't imagine it's a huge error of any kind if you find it reads fine. 🤔

I finally finished the Chibi Vampire manga! (so I have now read volumes 1-14, there is a fanbook/bonus called Chibi Vampire Airmail and there is a series of light novels which I have not read, but I have now taken in the most complete version of the story - I also watched the anime years ago which is what got me interested in reading the manga) :) It took me a long time but I am glad I finished another manga series (the last one I finished before that was Please Save My Earth and that was def a while ago!) :) I loved this series and got really attached to the characters, I also thought the vampire themes were better thought out and relatively original compared to other more cliched supernatural manga, and the comedy was funny, it was poignant and I rooted for the main pairing throughout :)

Robo Sapiens
This was a very good read. I was going to read a couple of chapters a night but then read the whole thing in one go. The various characters stories are well told and often laced with a tragic melancholy. The art is excellent. Highly recommend it.

Sofure Buka volume 1 (Complete, JP)
The Devil is a Part-Timer! volume 15 (LN)
Again!! volume 1 - Not sure what I make of this one yet. Interesting premise but I don't find myself completely taken with the cast. I'll definitely at least read Vol 2 to see if it can change my mind though.

Ascendance of a Bookworm volume 17 (LN)
My Quiet Blacksmith Life in Another World volume 1 (LN, dropped) - Interesting premise, but by the time I got to the end of Volume 1 I just felt satisfied with where the story went and didn't care about the characters enough to want to read more of it. Maybe because it's very similar to Cooking with Wild Game (apart from not being about cooking) and one series like that is enough right now.

My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S-Rank Adventurer volume 3 (LN)

Holmes of Kyoto volume 8 (LN)
Junjou Drop volume 1 (JP, complete) - A nice one-volume story from the creator of Love Com.
And Yet, You Are So Sweet volume 5
Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest volume 8
Full Clearing Another World Under a Goddess with Zero Beliverers volume 2 (LN)
The Executioner and Her Way of Life volume 3 (LN)

Yamada Kintetsu Tanpenshuu: Zengun Funtou! (JP, complete) - A short story collection from the author of Sweat and Soap. I was surprised to find almost all of the 6 stories in here were a fantasy given neither Sweat and Soap nor the creator's new work fit into that genre. Of course, it was a nice surprise and I'm happy to see that Yamada can create interesting and inviting worlds even within the confined of a single chapter while keeping around a dorky lovable cast. Hopefully, this'll get licensed in English at some point.

Started reading After the Rain and wow, I wish I had more than just volume 1 and 2!

At first I was a bit unsure how I would feel about it. I'm really open minded when it comes to fiction (I have my limits but I rarely come across a manga that will step over them), but still it was my first time reading an "age gap" manga with an actually visible age gap. Usually, the age gaps are practically in writing only as the characters basically look the same age.

The premise was interesting enough to pick it up but I went into it with somewhat low expectations to avoid disappointment and instantly I was charmed by the two main characters. There is a great cast of side characters too. There is also some really fun humour and I particularly like the colour pages, Akira is so uniquely pretty in all of her artwork. The story really has me hooked and I had to jump straight into volume 2 after volume 1's cliff hanger! The last manga I read was kind of a let down (one of the few in my collection I might sell/trade) so I was really happy to enjoy this one so much.

As for the age gap, it's definitely not weird, and I'm not really seeing this as a typical romance story. It seems more like a realistic story about two complicated individuals having complicated feelings and how they deal with it. I love that kind of story so I can't wait to read more.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Stories of Water and Flame volume 1 (Complete) - Definitely a good one to pick up if you're a fan of the Flame and Water hashira. With Rengoku having played such a big part in the anime just recently this release is all the more timely.

The Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting volume 3
Vampire Dormitory volume 1
Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest volume 9
Sweat and Soap volume 10
Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun volume 12

Started reading After the Rain and wow, I wish I had more than just volume 1 and 2!

At first I was a bit unsure how I would feel about it. I'm really open minded when it comes to fiction (I have my limits but I rarely come across a manga that will step over them), but still it was my first time reading an "age gap" manga with an actually visible age gap. Usually, the age gaps are practically in writing only as the characters basically look the same age.

The premise was interesting enough to pick it up but I went into it with somewhat low expectations to avoid disappointment and instantly I was charmed by the two main characters. There is a great cast of side characters too. There is also some really fun humour and I particularly like the colour pages, Akira is so uniquely pretty in all of her artwork. The story really has me hooked and I had to jump straight into volume 2 after volume 1's cliff hanger! The last manga I read was kind of a let down (one of the few in my collection I might sell/trade) so I was really happy to enjoy this one so much.

As for the age gap, it's definitely not weird, and I'm not really seeing this as a typical romance story. It seems more like a realistic story about two complicated individuals having complicated feelings and how they deal with it. I love that kind of story so I can't wait to read more.

I've yet to read further than that first omnibus collection for After the Rain, but I did watch all the anime and appreciated the sensitive way it dealt with the topic and the feelings of all involved. I certainly enjoy reading a good age-gap romance, but it's tricky to make them realistic and genuine when there is a gap that big usually, but After the Rain certainly presents its story well and like you say the characters are complicated and their feelings and motivations are explored properly. I really do need to pick up more of the manga myself.

Back