What you guys doing right now.

I had an issue a few weeks ago with windows not updating properly. In the end I had to do a manual install via the Microsoft website

After much messing about, watching Windows Update Assistant’s snail-like ascent to previously uncharted percentage points in an attempt to finally sort out these stupid issues once and for all. 88% currently, previous high before error was 73%, wish me luck. Then I can finally have dark mode in explorer like I do on my laptop, also up to date security definitions rather than ones over a year out of date.

Update: Microsoft you absolute CLUCKING FUNTS. Windows updated! Great. And now, I have nowhere to put my password, just a button that says “sign in” and does nothing. Searching seems to indicate something called “Windows Hello” (whatever the duck that is) has been forced in this update. And I don’t use it to log in. I use a GODDAMN PASSWORD like a normal person. I could honestly go on a shooting spree* at Redmond at this point.

Update 2: Neither safe mode will load, all I can get is the command prompt and guess what? I have to SIGN IN USING MY PASSWORD to get that. I’m actually going insane. Off down to the corner shop to buy a big crate of expired booze.

*but would like to make clear I will not.
Ah fun & games with Windows, I don't envy you. Here's hoping your luck improves as you try and get it functional.

Disregard what was here. It’s over. Microsoft are now my sworn enemies and Mozilla are my absolute heroes for allowing me to simply copy my Firefox profile and keep all my passwords and bookmarks after a reset. I said I wouldn’t, but six hours later I couldn’t take it any more. What happened? Well this time, sure enough, when I clicked that little “sign in” text it took me to a page where MS wanted me to set up a pin. Two hours shy of a full day’s work and all of my major programmes to reinstall because MS wanted to try and force me into signing into Windows in a different way. They will never get another red cent out of my hands, that’s for damn sure.

Last edited:
Just had a massive nosebleed all over my hands and keyboard before I managed to get a tissue into the equation. For those wondering, I hadn't just walked in on my busty childhood friend in the bathroom; I'd just sneezed.

I love Chibi Vampire Karin! I have the anime on that Geneon/Funimation DVD set with 6 discs and the entire 14 volume manga too (though I've only read about half the volumes cuz it's amazing but emotionally painful at times). Sorry about your nosebleed! I hope it's over now? :)

Just had a massive nosebleed all over my hands and keyboard before I managed to get a tissue into the equation.
I used to get those quite often. 😕
In fact, it happened three straight days just a few weeks ago for the first time in absolutely years.

Glad it's stopped now, man. What's the damage report on the keyboard?

What's the damage report on the keyboard?
Luckily it was the wireless keyboard I use for faffing about on the internet, which is all black plastic, so it wiped off pretty easily with no visible stains. If it had been my expensive mechanical keyboard with the metal base-plate, I suspect that would have been a different story.

I get a phase of nosebleeds once every few months, so there will probably be a few more over the next couple of weeks. Fun times.

Project for the free days and weekends. As i’m running out of shelf space (and have been for a long time) it was time to take the bull by the horns and clear some of the regular movies and TV shows I have on Blu-rays and put them in DJ cases. Bought two of those cases, where each case can hold up to 1000 discs.

My special editions, like Criterion, Eureka MoC, Artificial Eye, Arrow and off course all of my anime BD’s will keep their place on a shelf.

1k0.jpg

After looking around online and various amazon platforms it's become apparent that the only way to get vol 3 and 4 of Gwenpool physically was going to cost upwards of £200 which is insane when they rrp for 13.99 each. So before I do something stupid (I'm a compeltionist so it is possoble) I decided to get them digitally (16 quid total) so I can at least read them.

Just about to continue my watch of MegaBeast Investigator Juspion on my blu ray player while waiting for pizza.

Last edited:
Back