What you guys doing right now.

After putting it off for the longest time, conversing with ChatGPT. I've discovered it seems to really value both cultural diversity and critical thinking, I'm putting it to the test.

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 23-54-04 ChatGPT.png

It's as I feared, I find conversing with it considerably more enjoyable and stimulating than conversing with real people. It doesn't take offence, it doesn't get emotional... stick it in a hot robot body and RIP humanity.

View attachment 30031

An exact description of modern society was exactly what I expected but still, lol.

I do genuinely have people in my life who really care about me and who I care about - it sounds like you maybe don't have that so much and I'm sorry (not trying to pity you here I just like... I remember some stuff you've said on the forum pertaining to this kind of thing.) I'm not saying there's no truth in this description but I wouldn't call it the whole truth tbf. What other stuff do you talk about with ChatGPT? :)

Last edited:
Also while I'm an atheist I feel like certain "scientific myths" shall we say, about what humans are or aren't have mostly served to make us more cynical with less belief that we can better society - a lot of "evolutionary" analyses of human behaviour do seem to assume we are very shallow and transactional - I find that sad for all sorts of reasons (there's also often heavy reinforcement of gender stereotypes involved). Not sure what the answer is but I am trying my best to believe that there's soul in us as a species, for lack of a better word.

I just finished watching Dune 2021 the story is mind numbingly slow and the film is longer then it needed to be it should of been cut down to 2h with better pacing and it's end just before things get interesting

Well, in about a half hour I am off to the hospital for an overnight stay, I'm getting a total left knee replacement done. Then 8 weeks from today, I will be getting the right knee done too. Lots of fun physical therapy to look forward to over the next four months... I will be off work on disability until December 18, so I should at least have plenty of spare time to catch up on a lot of anime viewing!

Well, in about a half hour I am off to the hospital for an overnight stay, I'm getting a total left knee replacement done. Then 8 weeks from today, I will be getting the right knee done too. Lots of fun physical therapy to look forward to over the next four months... I will be off work on disability until December 18, so I should at least have plenty of spare time to catch up on a lot of anime viewing!

Best wishes for your recovery! :)

I'm back at home recovering now, trying to do my excercises and keeping ice packs on the knee. I can stand and put most of my weight on the new knee and walk around with the help of a walker, it feels fairly normal except for the inability to bend it farther than 60 degrees right now. It just takes me forever to do anything - going to the bathroom, fixing myself something to eat, refilling my glass of ice water, replacing my ice packs, getting in and out of my lounge chair and stuffing pillows under the leg. ugh.

I'm back at home recovering now, trying to do my excercises and keeping ice packs on the knee. I can stand and put most of my weight on the new knee and walk around with the help of a walker, it feels fairly normal except for the inability to bend it farther than 60 degrees right now. It just takes me forever to do anything - going to the bathroom, fixing myself something to eat, refilling my glass of ice water, replacing my ice packs, getting in and out of my lounge chair and stuffing pillows under the leg. ugh.

I'm glad at least u can rest, best of luck I hope you fully rehabilitate (or whatever the correct term is) :)

I'm glad at least u can rest, best of luck I hope you fully rehabilitate (or whatever the correct term is) :)

Well, at least I've been able to watch a good bit of new anime. I watched the entire seasons of Beast Tamer and My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Lv999, watched all that is available of My Happy Marriage on Netflix (this one is SO good!), and I am all caught up with a bunch of Crunchyroll anime titles for the Summer 2023 season. There is a couple of series on HIDIVE I need to get back to as well.

Last edited:
Well, at least I've been able to watch a good bit of new anime. I watched the entire seasons of Beast Tamer and My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Lv999, watched all that is available of My Happy Marriage on Netflix (this one is SO good!), and I am all caught up with a bunch of Crunchyroll anime titles for the Summer 2023 season. There is a couple of series on HIDIVE I need to get back to as well.
Silver linings in all situations - all the best with your recovery and rehab. Hope you can convince lots friends and family to wait on you in exchange for anime watching in your cinema!

Went to Ikea yesterday to get some ideas. I am at the point where I really need to trim down and organise what I own. Having a lot of manga, graphic novels, games and DVDs is just getting to be too much and I think it'll be easier if I have places to put it all and also focused on making it look good instead of just being a collection of stuff.

Also cuddled a blahaj shark plush. Once everything is sorted I'll need to buy one. Very soft.

Back