Your viewing journal

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 19 - 25 (Blu-ray)

That's the first series complete and now into the first handful of episodes of the Netto-hen reboot.

AMAIM: Warrior at the Borderline - Episode 8

The now obligatory "it's about the characters not the mecha, maannn" episode! I still think Vifam did it best. Which was actually a decent episode, I like the fact that with 2 cours Kyoukai Senki has the room to do this sort thing and does seem to using the time wisely so far.

Sakugan - Episode 8

Still can't make my mind up about Sakugan, entertaining but I find it an odd show at the same time.

Robot Carnival (Blu-ray)

I picked the Blu-ray up earlier in the year and watched it Friday. I've watched it a number times over the last 10 years or so, and I find it a fascinating collection of animation every time. It looks absolutely glorious in HD and it still blows my mind that it was created by someone painting on lots of bits of celluloid and then putting them all under a camera one by one.

Neo-Tokyo

1987 was a good year for anthology anime!!! After watching Robot Carnival I had to rewatch Neo-Tokyo on Saturday. Maybe not as well known as Robot Carnival but just as good imho and looks just as amazing too. The look and feel of each vignette is easily recognisable if you're familiar with each director's work and it does feel like Rintrao took some of Labyrinth's themes into Take the X Train. Hopefully Discotek might bring us a nice Blu-ray of this as well soon.

Cowboy Bebop (Live Action) - Episodes 1 & 2

I went into this with a really open mind and it has been interesting to read people's comments on here. I honestly thought the 1st episode was just terrible, like a cheap pastiche of the original. I didn't think the second episode was much better either but I'm going to stick with it.

Plastic Little

I quite liked Plastic Little, it's an easy watch and as you say a lot of effort went to into the animation :)
Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water

Had Blu-ray for a couple of years now and it's on the watch list for next year.

Last edited:
The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made episode 9 Power struggle.

The Vampire dies in No Time episode 9 Ghoulish troublemakers.

Naruto (Rewatch) episodes 45-62

Between the sales today I decided to try and clear the backlog with The World of Narue: I found the lead characters, Kazuto and Narue, bore a striking resemblance to Keitaro and Nene from Love Hina, except Narue was much nicer than Nene. And the VA of Magical Girl 4 looked very similar to Steel Angel Kurumi. Apart from that, it was an entertaining love story of a bunch of school kids and aliens mucking about outside school.

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside episode 9 Face to face.

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat episode 9 Addiction.

Naruto (Rewatch) episodes 75-91

Last edited:
The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat (English Dub) Episode 2

Banished from the Hero’s Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Episode 9

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat Episode 9

G-On Riders-I was digging through my several piles of self made anime dvds I did back in my earlydays of fandom and came across this series. It was a fun watch, nothing serious-just fun.

Just going to copy/paste from other's posts, lol:

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat episode 9
Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside episode 9

These two series are about the only ones I'm interested in this season, now that Fena: Pirate Princess is over. I'm really liking both of these, though.

Seitokai Yakuindomo ep5-6

Stone Jocean ep1-2 (English dub)

Remains to be seen how it’ll pan out, but this certainly hit the ground running. Jolyene seems like a much more entertaining mc than Giorno too.

Utawarerumono episodes 1-18: This reminded me a bit of That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime, possibly due to its being based on a video game. A man is found injured in the forest with no memories and, as time goes on, his wise decisions see him defeat evil lords and made an emperor with a following of powerful and wise people. Can't wait to see what happens in the last few episodes. Probably would have been more popular if some of the names weren't quite so unwieldy.

SAKUGAN episode 9 Papaya.

The Aquatope on White Sand episode 22 Pollution and preparation.

Naruto (Rewatch) episodes 92-96, 100, 107-117

Utawarerumono episodes 19-26: The last episodes were action packed, full of very bloody violence and miracles, along with a bit of high tech science. I get the impression that the writers had a grudge against the voice actors. Why else having names like Shikeripechim, Kuccha Keccha, Emperor Orikakan, Onkamiyamukai, Witsalnemitea, Onvitaikayan and Karurauatsuurei.

There sure were a lot of psychotic leaders and commanders. And poor Hakuro, every time he tried to sneak away to confront an enemy solo, he'd end up with an huge entourage of friends.

Back