Your viewing journal

Akebi's Sailor Uniform (English Dub) Episode 5

Girls Frontline (English Dub) Episode 4

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (English Dub) Episode 18

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 23 (Complete)

My Dress-Up Darling (English Dub) Episode 5

The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest (English Dub) Episode 2

Attack on Titan: The Final Season Episode 83 Signal.

Metropolis (Blu-ray)

Like with Char's Counterattack last week, recent discourse on Twitter prompted a re-watch of Metropolis. I bought and watched the DVD when it was originally released in the UK which must be 19 or 20 years ago now but I was very underwhelmed by it at the time and hadn't bothered to watch it since.

I picked up the blu-ray early last year quite cheap on Amazon as I had read that it was a very good transfer and the UK blu-ray was about to go out of print. I have to say I enjoyed Metropolis a lot more this time round, I'm more familiar with Rintaro's style now and I think I maybe could appreciate the story more with a bit of maturity and having seen lots of other productions anime or otherwise. I will say though that I still don't think it's the masterpiece it has always been made out to be.

The film looks gorgeous in HD and the transfer on this disc is fantastic, the animation has aged incredibly well for a period where CG was being integrated into the animation process.

Muv Luv Alternative - Episodes 3 -7

I'm quite enjoying Muv Luv so far.

Macross 7 - Episodes 9 & 10 (Blu-ray)

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 67 - 69 (Blu-ray)

Now into season 4, episodes 66 - 69 have been a strong run with a 3 episode arc about Ranma having his strength taken away and a lovely episode focusing on Ukyo.

Last edited:
World's End Harem ep 8 (uncensored)
Revenge is a dish best served naked.

Teasing Master Takagi-san s3 e8
Lovely view.

Attack on Titan Final Season p2 e8
New allies.

The Case Study of Vanitas s2 e7
Breaking free.

SABIKUI BISCO ep 8
Rescue.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive s2 e8
Harvest.

Attack on Titan: The Final Season (English Dub) Episode 78

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Entertainment District Arc (English Dub) Episode 2 Undercover Infiltration.

Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles (English Dub) Episode 10

Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 8 Stolen letters and bountiful harvest.

Last edited:
Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 episode 8 Charm.

SABIKUI BISCO episode 8 No self control.

Yakitate!! Japan episodes 1-15

Ranma 1/2 ep9-11

Fairly certain the little skit with Ryoga being 'adopted' by the wealthy couple is entirely anime original, but it's a fun addition that makes for a nice breather between the end of his introduction story and the start of Kodachi's. The animators are also taking a chance to flex, with some particularly good parallax work on the buildings while Akane's searching for P-chan.

Life With an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into a Total Fantasy Knockout episode 8 Loosen up.

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt episode 8 In his stead.

Yakitate!! Japan episodes 16-28

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro (English Dub) Episode 8

Life With an Ordinary Guy who Reincarnated into a Total Fantasy Knockout Episode 8 Massage.

She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man Episode 8 The reveal.

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt Episode 8 Stand In.

In the Land of Leadale episode 9 New inhabitant.

Police in a Pod episode 9 Look to the skies.

Yakitate!! Japan episodes 29-41

I've now finished Re:ZERO S1 (subbed) which I thoroughly enjoyed, the balance of despair and hope, will def be watching the second season and might also read the LNs, since then I have also finished:

Little Busters S1 (subbed) - I really enjoyed this too, being a big fan of other Key VN adaptations, and am keen to watch Refrain and EX (which I also own on Blu-ray) as well :)

Zombieland Saga S1 (subbed) - So funny and I thought they handled
Sakura's (I think that was the MC's name?) wavering motivation/bout of depression better than a lot of other anime have handled similar themes, the encore song actually made me feel a certain degree of hopeful optimism which is not always easy to come by for me
I love the Japanese cast's performances in this so much that even though I remember the dub being good when I sampled it I chose to watch in Japanese anyway, their manager is just so hilarious XD I also enjoyed Lily's episode a lot, the topics bought up were sensitively handled there as well IMO :) I plan to watch the second season also, maybe I will even try to get the UK CE release of this as I just own the standard BD/DVD combo pack :)

Now I am watching the final few episodes of Maria Watches Over Us S4 (subbed) and enjoying them a lot as well (what is this, Yotsuba?! I'm enjoying everything so much I'm using the word enjoying in all my little super basic writeups!) I thought I remembered reading something about a new Marimite project but perhaps that was Hidamari Sketch I was thinking of as I know they recently released that Sae and Hiro Graduation anime, or there is a new project for Marimite, but it's not an anime? I'd love to see more anime of this :)

Ranma 1/2 ep12-14

This is about the farthest I ever read in the manga (not sure why I never bought any more of it, presumably I was just skint), so everything going forwards should now be new to me, but I think I'll take a short break just so I don't burn out on the series. While the change in pacing compared to the manga took a little getting used to, the show has been an absolute joy so far.

The anime does seem to be pushing the sitcom aspects of the story harder than the manga - my suspicion is that they were modelling it on what worked for the Urusei Yatsura anime - but the show radiates a warm, easygoing charm and oozes sheer production quality at every turn. This must be up there as one of the nicest looking TV anime of the period and it's not hard to see why it became such a beloved favourite.

Finished watching Maria-sama ga Miteru (subbed) and am now watching Moribito (subbed as I didn't massively care for the dub), I'm about three quarters of the way through the series (ep 19 or 20) I think, having picked back up a bit after the halfway point :)

Slow Loop episode 9 Taking a trip.

Teasing Master Takagi-san Season 3 episode 9 Christmas in March.

The Case Study of Vanitas Part 2 episode 20 Crush.

World’s End Harem episode 9 Paradise?

Yakitate!! Japan episodes 56-69 (Complete. A gourmet-themed shounen which remained entertaining for the most part thanks to fairly endearing leads.) 3.5/5

Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma - The Fifth Plate (English Dub) Episode 1-13 (Complete)

Girls Frontline (English Dub) Episode 5

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 11

CUE! Episode 9 Stalked.

Girls Frontline Episode 9 Virus.

Slow Loop Episode 9 Excursion.

Teasing Master Takagi-san Season 3 Episode 9 Christmas.

World's End Harem (Uncensored) Episode 9 Utopia?

Back