Your viewing journal

Ah, Buffy and Angel. How I wish they'd release them on Blu-Ray (or better quality DVD's with decent bl**dy menu options).

Anyway, Future Boy Conan episodes 14-26. And it's all wrapped up nicely. Love conquers all and the evil Lepka gets his just desserts. I did find it strange that, despite needing Lana alive to use as a hostage for her grandfather's knowledge, Lepka and his henchmen did fire a LOT of bullets and bombs directly at her.

My Master Has No Tail eps 12 & 13 (complete)
Persistence and accusation.
A fun introduction to the world of rakugo through the eyes of a bright eyed and bushy tailed (literally) MC. Not all the rakugo tales landed being rooted in Japanese tradition, but there was an explanation at the end of each episode which helped a little.
The art was nice and vibrant and the animation was pretty good.
7/10

Akiba Maid War
eps 10-12 (complete)
Panda! Go Panda!, negotiation, and performance of a lifetime.
Initially the juxtaposition of maids and the OTT violence was quite funny and new, but as the season dragged on with episodic stories at first and then an overarching plot in which the motivation of the antagonist wasn't made particularly clear (she kept insisting violence was the only way) the whole thing got a little samey and boring, although there were some good moments in there.
The art and animation were very good with some good character designs, although as everyone was a maid most of the Non-MCs were pretty samey apart from their theming.
7/10

Gt5b92E.png

Yesterday:
SPY x FAMILY (Japanese audio) - Episodes 22-25 (Completed)

Today:
BLUE LOCK (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-12
BLUE LOCK: Additional Time! (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-12 (these are the web shorts that appear at the end of each episode)
Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 3 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-4

That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime season 2
Oh wow this season was excellent. Really upped the ante, had a great story and really cool action. Its just a really good isekei.

Neon Genesis Evangelion Spanish dub
Actually a very good dub. I will go as far as to say that Spanish Misato is my favourite version of her. Asuka was also excellently done. Rei seemed a older sounding than other versions and maybe stronger. Gendo was maybe the one weak link here as, to me at least, he didn't sound cold enough. My only real issue is when the Eva goes berserk later in the series the sound effect/mix for its scream/roar is no where near powerful enough, but otherwise it was an excellent dub.

NGE Death true and End of Evangelion Spanish dub
Decided to watch these for completions sake. The dub remained very good in both. Asuka in EoE was especially good. But Death True, while interesting to see their stories recontextualised, doesn't add enough to make a repeat viewing worthwhile. And EoE is basically a war crime. A horrible, cynical, angry film that only exists for Anno to stick a middle finger up at the fans. The opening and closing interactions between Shinji (in the role of the fans) and Asuka (in the role of the series) really sum up how Anno felt about having to make this film.

Last edited:
Okko's Inn rewatch: I like this film.

Big Order episodes 1-3 (and currently struggling through episode 4): Not enjoying this at all. Plot holes you could drive a truck through and characters with few if any redeeming features. I will probably "watch" the rest while playing a PC game. Oh well, that's a mystery box for ya.

Big Order complete series: I should have stopped at episode 4. Oh well. I did like how the ultimate aim was to engineer a world everyone's wishes will be granted, which if I remember rightly is how the devastation in the world of Sunday Without God was caused. Oh well, onto the next in the pile (Anti-Magic Academy).

Golden Kamuy Season 4 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-6 (Next episode airs Spring 2023)
Mob Psycho 100 II (Japanese audio) - OVA
Mob Psycho 100 III (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-6
Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 3 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 5-12

Saiyuki Reload Gunlock episodes 5-26 (Complete. Gunlock very much feels similar to its predecessor in terms of quality except the more lighthearted episodes have begun to wane for me, hence my rating .) 3/5

Saiyuki Reload Blast
episodes 1-2

Anti-Magic Academy, the 35th Test Platoon complete series: Some nice moments in this, but a lot of confusion and random enemies popping up all over the place. And, as one of the baddies mentioned in the show, why is the anti-magic academy using so much magic? Plus, the big finale of the show . Also, I am disturbed by the number of anime's I have watched recently that appear to centre around the main character and his (usually younger) sister being very "close". Is that what ALL this year's mystery boxes contained?

Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water - Episodes 23 - 39 [Final] (Blu-ray)

I can understand all the fuss about this show now, the island arc does dissipate all the tension that was building up to a massive conclusion, it wasn't bad though like I thought it was going to be based on what I'd read and it did a lot to build up Jean and Nadia's relationship and it got back on track with an excellent ending so all in all a good series. Plus it's a really good looking show throughout it's run time.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury - Episode 11

Yagami's Family Affair - Episodes 1 - 3 [Final]

To-y

Re-watches ahead of recording the podcast.

My friend was over last night for some pre-New Year's imbibing, so I decided to show him Peter Grill and the Philosopher's Time: Super Extra (uncensored) Eps 1-9 on the 120" projection screen in my theater, for some good, racy, Dirty Old Man humor with larger than life, uh, Juggernauts jiggling on the big screen... 😁

And, when I found out that Vegan Eldriel was actually the older of the two elf sisters, even though her sister Fruitalia looks much older, I came to appreciate Vegan more, and not being as loli as I assumed; so now I can enjoy those small, supple chesticles even more, which I so much prefer over typical anime watermelon appendages! 🤤

I also finished More than a Married Couple, but Not Lovers Eps 3-12 (End) and I'm a bit up in the air right now with this series - it was a good series, but of course left everything hanging with no resolution, which I find extremely frustrating. But, I see there will be a second season, so they have a chance to hopefully wrap things up properly. I did enjoy most of this season, although there were a few typical anime tropes present that always grind on me, but I'll give them all a pass until I get to see the rest of the anime. Knowing there will be a second season, I'll still give this season an 8/10.

Last edited:
Back