Your viewing journal

Tower of God ep13 [End]

A well produced and fitfully impressive adventure, I was just never quite engaged enough with Tower of God to see it as more than a modestly agreeable piece of entertainment. The constantly shifting allegiances of its characters was probably the most interesting aspect of it, but the show loses sight of that towards the end of the season, as virtually everyone rallies around Bam, not much helped by the fact that he is a relentlessly uninteresting milquetoast protagonist, who seems hardly deserving of the support he apparently inspires in others.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin [End]

A very slick prequel with sky high production values, The Origin is never dull, but its story seems rather weighed down by the inevitability of having to lead into the original MSG. I think it’s at its best in the early episodes, where it seems to be on much fresher ground, but even with my limited knowledge of the story, once Char dons his trademark visor, it feels like we’re just going through the (admittedly well animated) motions until Amuro can get in the Gundam. I understand this is presumably what the fans wanted, but I’d rather it had stuck to Ramba Ral’s exploits as a kind of Byronic hero in not-Rick’s Bar from Casablanca. If nothing else, it does make me want to watch the original series though.

Lapis Re:LiGHTs episode 12 Find your voice. (Complete. This series was interesting in that it feels like set up for a bigger story that I hope we’ll see delivered. It was a different take on the idol genre with a likeable enough cast and fantasy elements built into its narrative and setting.) 3.5/5

The Misfit of Demon King Academy
episode 12 Two thousand years.

Marriage of God & Soul Godannar!! episodes 18-26 (Complete. A mecha romance anime with elements of ecchi that told a fairly solid, if unremarkable, narrative which felt a bit monster of the week for the first part of the series before expanding more during the second half.) 3.5/5

Marriage of God & Soul Godannar!! episodes 18-26 (Complete. A mecha romance anime with elements of ecchi that told a fairly solid, if unremarkable, narrative which felt a bit monster of the week for the first part of the series before expanding more during the second half.) 3.5/5

Curious have you seen Dai-Guard and if so how did you think it compared to Godannar? I know DG isn't ecchi but it is a mecha series with comedy like Godannar :) (I would thoroughly recommend Dai-Guard if you haven't seen it BTW it's a really fun series and the dub is excellent).

Curious have you seen Dai-Guard and if so how did you think it compared to Godannar? I know DG isn't ecchi but it is a mecha series with comedy like Godannar :) (I would thoroughly recommend Dai-Guard if you haven't seen it BTW it's a really fun series and the dub is excellent).
I have not seen it - will look into the series based on your recommendation though!

I have not seen it - will look into the series based on your recommendation though!

Awesome! I hope you enjoy it :) I have now finished My Love Story!! and look forward to watching it again at some point if I can find the time, I think it would be a good series to watch with friends. I am now watching Chobits and am just starting episode 7. (Some may have noticed I'm doing a bit of a themed watch thing of all the Morio Asaka directed shows what with this, MLS!! and Chihayafuru) :)

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 7

Monster Girl Doctor (English Dub) Episode 6

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou (English Dub) Episode 19 - 24 (Complete)

The Misfit of Demon King Academy (English Dub) Episode 3

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Episode 1 (Pre Air) Looks like this will be bear-ly good fun.

Lapis Re:Lights Episode 12 Song and Dance. (Complete. A fresh take on the idol genre with a likeable cast that manages to mix fantasy elements into the scenario and make them work well enough together which resulted in some quite visually pleasing performances.) 3/5

Monster Girl Doctor Episode 11 A challenging procedure.

Peter Grill and the Philosopher's Time (Uncensored) Episode 11 Duel.

Sword Art Online Alicization –War of Underworld– Episode 23 Hope for the future. (Complete. By far the strongest and darkest season of SAO which made for some excellent viewing with it's insane fights that was greatly complimented by the improvement of the animation. Lbh that ending was a big wtf moment.) 4.5/5

The Misfit of Demon King Academy Episode 12 Behind the mask.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 166 A tough opponent.

Monster Girl Doctor episode 11 Accepting.

Mikagura School Suite episodes 1-12 (Complete. A Briskly-paced school club/tournament series that doesn’t offer many surprises, but was overall worth a watch.) 3/5

Mind Game (Film)
A bizarre and visually interesting directorial debut from Masaaki Yuasa. I didn’t quite find the story itself as engaging as the visual stylings, however. May be worth a rewatch in the future. 3/5

That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime
Another highly enjoyable isekei. It's almost like the opposite of Overlord. Slowly taking over the world through kindness and making friends with everyone.

Patlabor OVA series 1 and 2
Enjoyable but not in the same league as the Dominion or Appleseed franchises. The second OVA series descends into silly comedy with little mech action. It's fun but not what I was signing up for.

Monster Girl Doctor eps 10 & 11
Final preparations for an important procedure.

Ninja Collection ep 10
Nothing important happened today.

Rent-A-Girlfriend ep 11
Finally meet the 4th girl from the OP/ED. Didn't really get to know much about her due to her nervousness, but still easily second best.

Fruits Basket 2nd Season episode 50 Revelation. (Complete. Another strong season from one of the best recent anime series’ I’ve seen. Some aspects of the story weren’t as strong as others but overall the intricacies and tragedies of the narrative were well presented. I’m looking forward to the final season and hope the ending is executed well.) 4.5/5

The God of High School
episode 12 Evolution.

Million Arthur episodes 1-13

Back