Your viewing journal

Rewatching Food Wars S1 & S2, while waiting for S3-5 to appear, and wondering if there will ever be a mention of who Soma's mother was.

Or did his dad cook him up in a kitchen one dark and stormy night?
Food Wars didn't sell too well in the UK IIRC so you'll probably have to settle for streaming or importing unfortunately

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 221 The Chunin exams return.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Mugen Train Arc episode 3 In dreams.

Fena: Pirate Princess episode 12 Memories fade.(Complete. I enjoyed the adventurous aspects of the series but found the second half/final act to be a bit less satisfying overall.) 3/5

Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut
episode 4 On the ice.

Mieruko-chan episode 4 Poaching and pudding.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season episode 15 Respect.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XXIV: Phantom of the Opera (Film)

Majestic Prince: Genetic Awakening (Film)
A solid film sequel to the original series. 3.5/5

Maken-Ki!
episodes 1-8

Last edited:
Saturday and Sunday.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (English Dub) Episode 7

The Seven Deadly Sins: Cursed by Light (English Dub) (Film) A decent film entry for the franchise. 3/5

The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon's Judgement (English Dub) Episode 7-24 (Complete. A strong final season and a decent conclusion to the series. Putting aside the issues suffered from the change in studio, the anime as a whole from start to finish has been fun to watch and for which I'll be checking out the second film next.) 3.5/5

Fena: Pirate Princess
Episode 12 Forgotten. (Complete. Out of all the Crunchyroll originals I've seen so far, this for me has stood out the most for it's originality and story concept. As an anime overall this has been a satisfactory watch.) 3/5

Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut Episode 4

Mieruko-chan Episode 4

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season Episode 15

My Senpai is Annoying Episode 3

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! Episode 12

Ronja the Robber's Daughter (rewatch, dubbed, completed) - Excellent series, I'd put it right up there with the best Ghibli movies and I loved the way they did the CGI, was also nice to hear UK actors in the dub (even if the dub OP is still a bit rubbish IMO), funny that I imported from the US to get both language tracks but ended up watching the dub anyway 🤣

Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun (subbed, completed) - the dub wasn't bad for this but I think it's better subbed and I do have a soft spot for Megumi Ogata (she plays Hanako), anyway I loved this and I really hope they make a second season - if they don't I'll try to read the manga.

Victorian Romance Emma Season 1 (dubbed, completed) - Very well dubbed and charming, lovely series, I'm sure I'll enjoy season 2 as well :)

Golden Time (rewatch, dubbed, completed) - Great series, I think this was my third time watching it and I love Banri and Koko, this isn't as highly praised as Toradora (same author) but I'd rate it about the same in overall quality though tbf Toradora has better animation.

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (ADV uncut dubbed) Episodes 7 to about ep 20 - I really like the ADV dub (it's Edward Elric in space! 🤣:D😛) and am muchly enjoying the series so far, nice to finally get around to watching another 80s classic and I'm grateful that it is fully dubbed as some other 80s shows I wanna watch are sub only (or even raw in the case of, for instance, The Kabocha Wine!) I hope when Funimation release the original Macross on BD, this dub is included (I don't mind if they do a new dub as well but I like this one a lot). I love Minmay's English voice in particular. I hope to watch all of Orguss TV as well at some point (I know that Discotek are doing a BD) :)

Master Keaton (dubbed) Episode 6 - looking forward to watching the rest of this, decent dub and enjoyable episodic storytelling :)

Last edited:
Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside, Eps 1-3. Anime "Food and Drug Administration," lol.
The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat, episode 3. Whoo! Wicked ending!

Anything good out there with a bit shorter title? 🤣

I'm sure there is I just can't think of series that you haven't seen and would like with short titles rn XP

Well, my mother and I need to finish the last three episodes of Fena: Pirate Princess, now that the final episode is out. And we're in the middle of watching The Irregular at Magic High School, too. The two series I listed in my previous post are ones I am watching on my own for now. Nice thing is my mom watches a ton of subtitled Asian movies on Netflix, so like me she prefers watching anime subtitled as well.

Master Keaton Episodes 7-14 - really glad I decided to finally watch this, the dub took a few eps to warm up as I recall from the first few eps I watched years ago, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the series now, I wonder if anyone will ever release it on BD in the US? :)

The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made episode 4 Herb hunting.

The Vampire dies in No Time episode 4 Creature feature.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XXV: The Mutilator (Film)

Maken-Ki!
episodes 8-12, OVA (Complete. An ecchi fantasy series which managed to be fairly entertaining if nothing too special.) 3/5

Maken-Ki! Two
episodes 1-8

Last edited:
takt op.Destiny episode 4 Viva Las Vegas.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XXVI: The Silence of the Lambs (Film)

Maken-Ki! Two
episodes 8-10 & OVA (Complete. More of the same with little new to offer from a story perspective, not that there was that much to begin with.) 1.5/5

Maria†Holic
episodes 1-6

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside episode 4 Test and sauna endurance round.

The Heike Story episode 7 Drag.

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat episode 4 Training.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XXVII: Misery (Film)

Maria†Holic
episodes 7-12 (Complete. A fairly humorous yuri-themed comedy. I’ll also give this series props for using a Yellow Magic Orchestra cover in the ED.) 3.5/5

Maria†Holic Alive
episodes 1-6

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S (English Dub) Episode 9

Mother of the Goddess' Dormitory (Uncensored) (English Dub) Episode 10 (Complete)

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season Part 2 (English Dub) Episode 45

Banished from the Hero’s Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Episode 4 Test and endurance.

The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made Episode 4 Herb foraging.

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat Episode 4 Assistant training.

Wotakoi
: Love is Hard for Otaku OVA Episode 3 Trip and gender swap.

Master Keaton Episodes 15-39 (dubbed) COMPLETED - Excellent series, glad I finally got around to watching it :)

Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2: The Sealed Card (subbed) COMPLETED - Very cute and relaxing, and needed to finish watching this before I started on...

Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card OVA and Episodes 1-9 (dubbed) - Finally a CCS entry with a good dub! I wouldn't rate this as highly as the original 70 ep series but it is still very enjoyable :)

Last edited:
Fena: Pirate Princess eps 11 & 12 (complete)
Choice.
Started out great with action and comedic moments and adventure to solve a mystery then ground to a halt half way through and suddenly rushed an ending which was baffling and felt a bit pointless.
Art and animation were great though, so probably gets an extra point than a "standard" production would have gotten.
7/10

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated
ep 12
Possible peril, misunderstandings and transformation.

takt op.Destiny ep 4
Harmony.

The Aquatope on White Sand ep 17
Letting your hair down.

SAKUGAN episode 4 Behind the bar.

The Aquatope on White Sand episode 17 Down time.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XXVIII: Yokai Monsters Trilogy (Films)

Maria†Holic Alive
episodes 7-12 (Complete. A fun second season which delivered more of the what the first season offered but was a bit funnier overall.) 3.5/5

Marmalade Boy
Movie, episodes 1-12

Last edited:
Back