Your viewing journal

Police In A Pod-not impressed by this at all-this was previously done years ago (and much better). Remember "You're Under Arrest"? I sure do.

Aria the Animation eps 11-13 (dub) (complete)
Even more procrastination, it is Winter TBF!
This was slow even by the conventions of the genre. I think one big problem was they only spent 4/5 episodes doing their training/job and the rest of the time doing other things which amounted to very little and only interacting with, mostly, the same characters. I guess in future when they actually start doing their job we'll meet a lot more different people. As it was the characters we did meet weren't the most interesting and thus quite bland, probably the best one was Akira, but only because she was the loudest and thus more distinct of the cast as the rest all sounded very similar so when they spoke off screen it was hard to distinguish them (possibly a dub problem). They also all have names beginning with A, which was weird.
The art was nice enough and as it was such a chill show not much animation was needed, but was good also.
6/10

Princess Connect! Re: Dive
eps 8-10
More familiar faces. The stories are mostly from Events and side stories from the game.

Planetes episodes 14-26 (Complete. An interesting sci-fi series which felt unique in its premise but faltered a bit for me when it came to the romance aspects. That said it’s still a recommended watch for fans of the genre.) 4/5

Police in a Pod ep1

Kind of neither here nor there on this one. I laughed at a couple of the gags, but its view of criminal offending feels a bit simplistic and corny, given the cynical outlook of the characters. I've seen comments about some people feeling uncomfortable about how much the senior officer seems to resent the general public too, which does feel a bit out place here.

Lupin III: Part I ep5-6 (English dub, rewatch)

Goemon’s introduction stood out to me as one of the best early episodes, but both of these are interesting for how much they go against the grain of the series’s later formula, pitching Lupin and Goemon as deadly enemies, then having Lupin hire goons of his own to help out on an armoured car raid. When I first saw the series, I didn’t really know what to make of Masaaki Osumi’s episodes, but now I think it’s a shame he didn’t last longer as the director.

Also the early episodes summed up in a sentence:

I had this memory loss machine installed when I built the house, but I never expected to use it… ON MYSELF!

Last edited:
Demon Lord Retry finished.

Enjoyed it, rattled along with a good pace. Nothing complicated about it.
Is there anything great about it? Probably not. However I liked it.
Not much fanservice as I would describe it but I did like Yu and the pub landlady called Lei.

Campione episodes 1-9: picked this up in the MVM random pile, so only have disc 1 (won't be going for that deal again!). Very enjoyable sword & sorcery and gods & monsters harem romp. Lovely visuals. Now to decided whether to buy the "proper" discs just for the last couple of episodes. But then what do I do with the disc I have? Aaargh.

PS I estimate there are three (or four) episodes left in the series and, by my count, our hero has at least four powerful enemies waiting for him. I'm not sure how they can squeeze all that action in, in the time they have left.

Last edited:
Slow Loop episode 1 This looks like a potentially comfy watch for the season.

Teasing Master Takagi-san Season 3 episode 1 Wrinkles and flower petals.

World’s End Harem episode 1 Sowing the seeds.

Poco’s Udon World episodes 1-12 (Complete. Often almost saccharine levels of sweet and a fairly chilled watch overall.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Princess Connect! Re: Dive eps 11-13 (rewatch, complete)
Was even more fun watching this having played the game, but will keep the score as is.

CUE! ep 1
Seems like a fairly straight take on the VA business, certainly nothing funny happened. Only problem is, is that there are 15 girls who are in training! Apparently it's from a gacha game, which is probably why there are so many of them unlike A Seiyu's Life which only had 3.

World's End Harem ep 1
One mans dream is another mans nightmare.
Gonna have to watch this elsewhere other than Crunchyroll, what's the point of having a mature content setting if you going to use the censored version anyway? AT-X are showing it in Japan uncensored so it'll be out there somewhere.

Slow Loop ep 1
Seems like a nice wholesome series. Step-sisters, one shy, one energetic, bond over fishing.

Takagi-san s3
In your dreams!

Komi Can't Communicate
Been a while since I read the manga but this has been a good adaptation so far. Really fun array of characters and a visually great (if troubled) production. Really looking forward to the second half.

Also while I saw quite a number of people struggling with Netflix's subtitles I personally found them fine. Given the limitations of their player I think they did a good job prioritising the most important parts.

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 6

Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles (English Dub) Episode 2

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat (English Dub) Episode 7

CUE! Episode 1 In-character.

Girls Frontline Episode 1 Dystopia.

In the Land of Leadale Episode 1 This should be a fun fantasy series.

Police in a Pod Episode 1 Nicked.

Slow Loop Episode 1 Catch and change.

Lupin III: Part I ep7-8 (English dub, rewatch)

Now hitting the Miyazaki/Takahata part of the series. It's not clear how much authority they had to make changes immediately, but there is definitely a marked difference between episodes 6 and 7, most obviously with Fujiko's character. It's almost like the roles have reversed, in that Fujiko is now the one with a well thought out plan to steal the macguffin, whereas Lupin is now the opportunist flying it by the seat of his pants and getting in her way.

The sea change continues into 8, (notably the first to show the gang operating as the full, familiar unit) with Lupin's motivation for screwing over Mr. Gold explicitly stated as 'teaching a lesson to someone who steals from the poor', a degree of altruism that would have seemed unlikely just a couple of episodes prior. Given Miyazaki's apparent leftist leanings as a young man, it's also quite amusing to see Jigen single handedly beating back a crew of fake riot police in hand-to-hand combat...

Last edited:
Fate/Grand Order Divine Realm of the Round Table: Camelot - Wandering; Agateram - I actually really enjoyed this after the reviews I had heard, it was pretty good (enjoying it more than Babylonia so far) maybe it’s because it’s quicker paced, less Mash and less Fujimaru 8/10

Fate/Grand Order Divine Realm of the Round Table: Camelot - Wandering; Agateram - I actually really enjoyed this after the reviews I had heard, it was pretty good (enjoying it more than Babylonia so far) maybe it’s because it’s quicker paced, less Mash and less Fujimaru 8/10
You see. The hate for the missing assassin was overblown. Glad you liked it.

My Dress-Up Darling ep 1
Seems like it could be a fun rom-com. Loner dude lacking in confidence meets enthusiastic popular gyaru girl who upon finding out he can sew asks him if he can make her cosplay outfits. He's a bit bland at the moment, but she's a real ball of energy.

Akebi's Sailor Uniform ep 1
Someone reeeeally wants a sailor uniform. She came of as a little brattish and spoiled, but, I suppose, she's only a first year in middle school. Not much else to go on in this episode apart from it's really pretty.

Last edited:
You see. The hate for the missing assassin was overblown. Glad you liked it.
Yeah I’ve looked at reviews and yeah it’s mostly FGO players moaning at adaptation changes or pacing changes like yes it’s two 90 min films there will be changes. Or complaining that it doesn’t look good and I thought it looked really good and really nice probably HF just spoilt people but film 2 really does still excite me more.

Yeah I’ve looked at reviews and yeah it’s mostly FGO players moaning at adaptation changes or pacing changes like yes it’s two 90 min films there will be changes. Or complaining that it doesn’t look good and I thought it looked really good and really nice probably HF just spoilt people but film 2 really does still excite me more.
Makes me glad I've never played any of the FGO games so I go into the animes/films blind and enjoy them for what they are.

Also I don't take notice of reviews, I watch things if I like the looks of it.

Akebi’s Sailor Uniform episode 1 Nerves.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Part 2 episode 14 Conduct.

Lupin III: Part VI episode 13 Past and present.

Miss KUROITSU from the Monster Development Department episode 1 Boardroom battles.

My Dress-Up Darling episode 1 Standing up.

World Trigger 3rd Season episode 13 Harsh attack.

Restaurant to Another World episodes 1-12 (Complete. An enjoyable culinary series with a solid set of characters.) 3.5/5

Restaurant to Another World 2
episodes 13-18

Back