Your viewing journal

Getting back into Akagi. Up to about ep 21. Excellent show.

Thankfully somebody started subbing 009-1, great production values, great action.
I have heard that further episodes are even better. Its very unusual to see well animated
hand-hand fighting in anime. Looking forward to more of this.

Grr, the way Akagi ended was a bit annoying. Sure there is probably some big manga out there, and it was probably really difficult to do another bout without being anticlimatic, but still an abrupt way to end it.

Watched some more Ouran High School Host Club instead. Halloween episode was funny.

In the last week, re-watched 1 - 9 of Ouran High School Host Club, Bleach 104, Death Note 7, all of Paradise Kiss, Black Lagoon S1 eps 1 - 6, Mai HiME 1 - 8 and the first episodes of Code Geass and Black Blood Brothers.

And really enjoying all of them right now, though I get the suspicion I'm watching Death Note because I want something nasty to happen to the main character.... :?

Yesterday/Today I watched One Piece eps 246-253, Movie 6 & TV Special 4, Black Lagoon ep 20, Le Chevalier D'Eon ep 11, Pumpkin Scissors ep 9, Busou Renkin ep 8, Shounen Onmyouji ep 7, Code Geass ep 7, The Gargoyle of the Yoshinagas ep 5, Kekkaishi ep 3 and Souten no Ken (Fist of the Blue Sky) ep 1.

Finished off Samurai Champloo disc 3:
Feel like I’m starting to suffer a little from the episodic nature of this series – not that its necessarily bad in anyway but the first two episodes on the disc take the story nowhere, the third is actually quite an interesting one in its own way, and then the fourth is pretty much a flashback episode which fills you in on everything you seen in the series so far.

Here’s hoping the 4th disc actually goes somewhere, or at least feel less like a disc of filler.

Just finished watching the first 3 disks of the Neon Genesis Evangelion Platnum Box set.

My God, it brings back memories. Unfortunatly, one of them is just how much of a mind-fudge the ending is. :?

( On a side note, I watched the commentary episodes too... Just 'how' much is Tiffany Grant like Asuka. bloomin 'eck, she is seriously freaky. :twisted: And no way did I realise she did the voice for my most favorite character ever. - Bonta-kun in FMP? FUMOFFU. :shock: - I'm so ashamed. :oops: )

Tasker said:
Just finished watching the first 3 disks of the Neon Genesis Evangelion Platnum Box set.

My God, it brings back memories. Unfortunatly, one of them is just how much of a mind-fudge the ending is. :?

( On a side note, I watched the commentary episodes too... Just 'how' much is Tiffany Grant like Asuka. bloomin 'eck, she is seriously freaky. :twisted: And no way did I realise she did the voice for my most favorite character ever. - Bonta-kun in FMP? FUMOFFU. :shock: - I'm so ashamed. :oops: )

u've seen how much auska merchindise she has in her room then lol

Finishing off FMA. Looking good, got about 3 more episodes to go and many many threads drawing together. Hoping they don't throw it all away or simply hit the reset button.

Ryo Chan said:
u've seen how much auska merchindise she has in her room then lol

I havn't gotten to that bit yet, only listened to the commentaries so far, but just going off those, I can guess that she has a fair bit. :roll: lol :D ( I should have put 'listened to', before, not 'watched'. oops. :oops: )

But thinking about it, how many of us can say that we enjoy 'our' jobs as much as she obviously does. :p

Finished FMA. Only question is have Japanese writers ever heard of closure? You know finishing a story, rather than leaving things hanging in the air (... may not be the best analogy as some end with everybody dying). Hoping film may sort it out, but not exactly hopeful after the frankly fairly dire Nadesico film.

hopeful_monster said:
(... may not be the best analogy as some end with everybody dying)

Fell for that a few times myself. :? :cry:

I hate it when they go. Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, bit sad, really depressing, everyone dead. :x :?

Well, apart from the directors cuts, I just finished watching disks 4-7 of Evangelion, and even though I knew the last two episodes were a complete mind-fudge, I honestly didn't remember them being quite as bizzare as they actually are. :? ( I have to admit though, it's been a few years since the last time I watched them. )

Now I just have to get my head back in gear, so I can get the directors cuts and the D&R/EoE boxset watched. :? :shock:

Polished off Elfen Lied disc 3 and first disc of Haibane Renmei

Elfen Lied continues to move the story along, every episode serves a purpose in revealing a little more of the mystery – here we get two episodes that go back to Lucy’s earlier life indicating to us reasons why it is she has turned ‘bad’. Third episode feels a bit clunky but this is a lot to do with trying fill in a lot of the gaps in the puzzle whilst setting up for what feels like is going to be the climax on the final disc.

Haibane Renmei is certainly something a bit different – specially when contrasted against the likes of EL – this is slower moving, more thoughtful, emphasis being on the subtle interaction between the characters whilst hinting at an underlying mystery as to what it’s really all about. To me the feel of it reminds me of perhaps one of the gentler Ghibli films - need to see another disc of this before making any bold judgements – certainly has potential.

Finished off my Evangelion marathon last night with episodes 20-24 directors cuts, followed by, End of Evangelion.

Bloomin hard going I have to say. 8)

The directors cuts were definitely aimed at EoE rather than the original ending, so i'm glad I watched them in the order that I did. :)

I have to say one thing too, the first few minutes of EoE, where Shinji is in Asukas hospital room.... Just proves that he really is 'Fuc*ed up!'

But, the ending.... the ending.... the ending.... what can I say about the ending? *sassen-rassen-fassen* Why oh why, couldn't they have given it a more fulfilling ending? :cry: Don't get me wrong, I think it's much better than the original - "Oh crap! We're almost out of money and we still have 2 episodes to do. I know lets nick the shower plot from Dallas, use clips from the rest of the series, re-dub it and make up some exestensial/metaphysical shi..er..stuff." - ending. :wink: But it just left me feeling.... well I dunno how it left me feeling to be honest. :?

Who knows, maybe it's wishful thinking, but maybe they'll make another film that finishes the story off properly one day. :twisted:

Tasker you are aware that Evangelion is being carried right now? Anno is making some new things, changing it, I can give a link to it if ya want some time. Just PM me for it.

Watched episodes 9-10 of Eureka Seven, good stuff, roll on cliché back stories~!

Back