14th November UK anime releases

Red XIII

Straw Hat Pirate
Today sees yet more releases for the UK anime DVD market as Manga close out the first season of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex in style; as well as the regular edition of volume 7 and thinpack boxset, collectors should look out for the play.com exclusive volume 7 + tin and limited edition tin box set. Other releases of note include the first of Beez's two Cowboy Bebop collections, and the opening volume of MVM's fanservice filled action-fest, Ikki Tousen (aka Battle Vixens), which is also available as a limited edition version, complete with an artbox and the first volume of the manga.

All of today's releases are listed below.
<ul class="menu"><b>14 November 2005</b>
<li>Appleseed (OVA) (Manga)
<li>Cowboy Bebop: Collection Box #1 (Beez)
<li>Ghost In The Shell - Stand Alone Complex #7 (Manga)
<li>Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Complete 1st GIG Box Set (Manga)
<li>Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Official Log 01 (Manga)
<li>Ikki Tousen #1 (MVM)
<li>Ikki Tousen #1 (artbox edition) (MVM)
<li>Robotech #2 (Manga)
<li>Sky Blue (Wonderful Days) (Tartan)</ul>
Remember, if you want to see what's going to be available in the UK in the coming months, our release schedule is here to help.

Personally, I already have Ikki Tousen and (thanks to Necromancer :) ), the regular GITS: SAC boxset, however the Cowboy Bebop collections have caught my eye (second one is due out next week), so I shall be duly adding those the Christmas list.

They're just half series boxsets (think Escaflowne); Collection 1 should be discs 1-3 (episodes 1-14) with discs 4-6 (episodes 15-26) in Collection 2.

Ghost In The Shell - Stand Alone Complex #7 (Manga) I got today and have watched already.

I may get the Ikki Ltd Edition just to hold all the DVDs I already have in a artbox.

I might rent Sky Blue eventually (annoyingly enough it was on at my local cinema in July and I didn't realise until they'd taken it off) but I've read mixed reviews, so it's not a priority for me right now.

I'm going to leave the Cowboy Bebop boxset for now.

I just have a hunch that a year or so down the line there'll be a better release, at least with 5.1.

Well, maybe it'll also be in a different format like HD-DVD or Blu-ray, but I don't really mind that. :mrgreen:

subedii said:
I'm going to leave the Cowboy Bebop boxset for now.

I just have a hunch that a year or so down the line there'll be a better release, at least with 5.1.

Well, maybe it'll also be in a different format like HD-DVD or Blu-ray, but I don't really mind that. :mrgreen:
I believe some mention of a potential release of the "Cowboy Bebop Remixed" DVDs, which is exactly what you mentioned (CB with 5.1 Surround) was mentioned at AyaCon and is fairly likely given it has recently been released in the US.

i got gits vol 7 with tin and appleseed today. I got gits log on saturday.

and im waiting for ikki to turn up tomorrow.

but sky blue is what my sister is buying me for xmas so i have to wait before i can watched it :(

I'm put off Sky Blue as it only mentions having the dub track. I saw the Korean DVD version, it's a solid film, but I'd want the option of both tracks in case I don't like the dub.
Plus it's very expensive, Tartan really do their best to milk their titles.

looking over these titles they seem to be alot more artboxes coming out. Ayear ago you would never image 3 arts coming out in the same month.

Capuchin said:
I'm put off Sky Blue as it only mentions having the dub track. I saw the Korean DVD version, it's a solid film, but I'd want the option of both tracks in case I don't like the dub.
Plus it's very expensive, Tartan really do their best to milk their titles.

Sky Blue has the Korean soundtrack on it, putting it on it was one of the reasons for the delay, and even though i havent had a chance to see them yet im told the extras and really cool, still think they should have let it as Wonderful Days though :?

Edit: ok this is wierd, when it was originally announced it was supposed to have both English and Korean, then it said it was dub only then after the delays it was listed as both again and the last time i looked at the listing a couple of days before the release it still listed both but looking at it again it not says its dub only... again!

That Tartan sure are a confusing lot aren't they? :roll: I'm not really surprised it's dub only though becasue the original Korean version and the version that was later re-cut and relased in japan, which the dub was made from, are very differant films with differant stories so they'd really have to have the two versions on seperate disks, you'd think they'd at least include the Japanese dub though :(

Back