24/03/2014: New Manga Releases This Week

Some sources claim that Sword Art Online is being released this week too, but I've been told by staff at Yen Press that it has been pushed by to 22nd April.

I've been reviewing Wolf Children for the site, have reviewed Madoka Magica for MyM, will get Gundam, Bloody Cross and the Seven Deadly Sins. Also, is anyone else slightly freaked out that the Amazon price of the Seven Deadly Sins is £6.66?

Ian Wolf said:
Some sources claim that Sword Art Online is being released this week too, but I've been told by staff at Yen Press that it has been pushed by to 22nd April.

Amazon.co.uk sent out my copy last week, and I received to on Friday, and it is available to order from them. The novel is still on pre-order, with a release date of 22nd April.

KevinB said:
Ian Wolf said:

Amazon.co.uk sent out my copy last week, and I received to on Friday, and it is available to order from them. The novel is still on pre-order, with a release date of 22nd April.

Strange - I emailed someone who works at Yen Press and they told me that the manga didn’t come out until 22nd April and the novel was not out until June. Someone has certainly made an error.

Is this a difference between the UK and US release dates? Some big UK suppliers probably buy from US distribution (Amazon certainly does sometimes) but the UK office might have a delayed release date for their own batch.

R

Rui said:
Is this a difference between the UK and US release dates? Some big UK suppliers probably buy from US distribution (Amazon certainly does sometimes) but the UK office might have a delayed release date for their own batch.

R
Rightstuf is showing the SAO aincrad GN as in stock, so the person that Ian wolf spoke to might have gotten mixed up with the releases (the first novel is still showing as being released next month with the second GN (fairy dance part 1) being released in June).

Rui said:

Well, I use the American website RightStuf as a refernece point. They listed SAO as coming out this week, but given that I was told it wasn't coming out until April from someone who actually worked from Yen.

Actually, looking it up now, I think I spotted the problem. I suspect the person I contacted may have jumped a release by mistake. I've sent an email off to Yen just to make sure.

I've since got a reply from Yen Press and it turns out that they were wrong (it also turns out a copy of the manga that I wanted to review never got posted out in the first place). I'll add SAO to the list of releases in a moment.

I'm way behind on Fairy Tail, but I'm on a bit of a roll with it now...hopefully I'll be all caught up in the next few weeks. I'm getting Seven Deadly Sins too.

I really wish Yen Press did digital...

Edit: Uh yeah...looks like they're starting on 8 April. Happy days.

Back