26th September UK anime DVD releases

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
This week's UK anime DVD releases are listed below.<ul class="menu"><b>26 September 2005</b>
<li>Millennium Actress (Manga)
<li>Mobile Suit Gundam F91 (Beez)
<li>Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counter Attack (Beez)
<li>Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind (Optimum Asia)
<li>Paranoia Agent #2 (MVM)
<li>Planetes #1 (Beez)
<li>Robotech #1 (Manga)
<li>S-CRY-ed #3 (Beez)
<li>Samurai Champloo #1 (MVM)
<li>Texhnolyze #2 (MVM)
<li>The Cat Returns (Optimum Asia)</ul>There are a number of high profile releases out this week; Millennium Actress, Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind and The Cat Returns are all world famous anime movies, and that's not including the much anticipated UK debuts for acclaimed series like PlanetES and Samurai Champloo.

Samurai Champloo is a must have - Samurai beat-boxing styli at it's best!

I can't say that the others really grab my attention although I will dabble with Paranoia Agent at some point.

Nausicaa and Millenium Actress for me.

I was surprised to see MA going for only £13.99 at MVC and £11.49 at dvdpopcorn. Then I checked the RRP, and was even more surprised that the RRP is £16.99. Hopefully this is a signal that anime prices are dropping, at least for movies.

I already have Texhnolyze vol 2 and thanks to some unexpected efficiency on Tesco's part, have already received and watched a rental copy of Paranoia Agent vol 2 (will go back and buy the series when I have the money). Other than that, I'll be renting quite a few of the others on the list as and when they get sent out.

I've just ordered Nausicaa and The Cat Returns... not entirely sure if they'll get here o_O. I'll get Millennium Actress in that HMV double pack sometime...

Tessai said:
Champloo, Paranoia, Texhnolyze, millenium, scryed:
what a month this is going to be

No kidding. I'm going to have to see if I can organise my friends to go for different series so we can borrow off each other or something.

subedii said:
Tessai said:
Champloo, Paranoia, Texhnolyze, millenium, scryed:
what a month this is going to be

No kidding. I'm going to have to see if I can organise my friends to go for different series so we can borrow off each other or something.

I have to agree; I was amazed when writing this news post that the only release I'm not interested in is Robotech. There is an outstanding number of quality releases this week!

I reccomend Robotech, sure it has some corny dialouge, but it's miles better than any Saturday morning cartoon. In fact this was THE show that helped turn an entire generation into anime fans in the 80s, and it still continues to do so today (hey...maybe Manga UK could use that as a tagline on the next volume)

In fact it was the first anime series I ever bought on DVD (I still have the original ADV DVD release)

subedii said:
kupoartist said:
I've just ordered Nausicaa and The Cat Returns... not entirely sure if they'll get here o_O. I'll get Millennium Actress in that HMV double pack sometime...

Double Pack?
Manga have done a deal with HMV to produce a special double pack of Perfect Blue and Millenium Actress for sale in HMV stores.

As for Champloo, I received that one from Anime-on-line yesterday... Will look forward to watching it alongside the bundles of other stuff that's come my way this week. This is going to be a good week for anime but a bad week for sleep I think :p.

It seems that the two Mobile Suit Gundam features have actually been pushed back another two weeks (according to play.com, anyway)- guess it wouldn't be a standard week without some 'retooling'. :p

Back