27th March UK anime releases

Red XIII

Straw Hat Pirate
The last few anime DVD releases of the month are due out today, including the oft-delayed Steamboy (available in both regular and Director's Cut editions), the first double disc set of Heat Guy J, and the complete series boxset of shounen action series Tokyo Underground.

All of this week's releases are listed below.
<ul class="menu"><b>27 March 2006</b>
<li>Heat Guy J #1 (Manga)
<li>My Neighbour Totoro (Optimum Asia)
<li>Princess Mononoke (Optimum Asia)
<li>Steamboy (Columbia)
<li>Steamboy: Director's Cut (Limited) (Columbia)
<li>Tokyo Underground Box Set (Manga)</ul>Want to keep tabs on all upcoming UK releases? Then be sure to refer to our regularly updated schedule.

I just ordered Totoro, so I now have everything I need from that list^__^

Optimums Ghibli collection is pretty neat I must say; I can't see any more extras from Buena Vista'a release of Mononoke though - can anyone who has purchased it confirm this?

For those interested in Steamboy, I got the Limited Edition version today and it's stunning compared to the regular release! It contains the full version of the film (20 more minutes), an extras DVD, an artbook, 10 artcards, a manga and much nicer packaging.

It does cost more, but most places seem to be selling it at around £25 in high street stores. Definitely worth a look over the regular edition! :D

Of course now I've not got enough money for Heat Guy J or Totoro... :cry:

Ushio said:
For those interested in Steamboy, I got the Limited Edition version today and it's stunning compared to the regular release! It contains the full version of the film (20 more minutes), an extras DVD, an artbook, 10 artcards, a manga and much nicer packaging.

The manga should've been translated properly, it's all in japanese with what the translation is on an extra piece of paper which makes it a hassle to read :x, everything else is great :D.

Hmm, I already have Mononoke but I've lent my sis my old BV copy so I might let her keep that and buy this...apart from that Totoro is the only one that I'd go out of my way to buy. Heat Guy J is a lot of fun to watch though.
Neon-Noir said:
Optimums Ghibli collection is pretty neat I must say; I can't see any more extras from Buena Vista'a release of Mononoke though - can anyone who has purchased it confirm this?
Apart from the full length storyboards the extras are the same on the Optimum version as far as I can see, according to the play.com listings anyway. If you don't already own a copy of this film, now's your chance - it's fantastic. :D

I rented the regular, dubbed and edited version of Steamboy (only because the dir's cut wasn't out to rent) and I have to say I was disappointed, not sure I could stomach another 20 mins of it!

Back