5 Centimeters Per Second Collector's Edition Review

I loved the movie but am very interested to read the manga now given your glowing review for extended epilogue!

You also reminded me of Asano's A Girl On the Shore - another one of his excellent and very powerful stories and I think the only one I am yet to buy a physical version of (it's only a matter of time...) given the explicit aspects and not having the patience to explain it to any family member who casually picks it off my shelf and starts flicking through 😂.

You also reminded me of Asano's A Girl On the Shore - another one of his excellent and very powerful stories and I think the only one I am yet to buy a physical version of (it's only a matter of time...) given the explicit aspects and not having the patience to explain it to any family member who casually picks it off my shelf and starts flicking through 😂.
Yeah that one is certainly not one of the more family friendly ones! At least there is a digital option now when there wasn’t before, but it’s hard to resist the allure of the physical versions (I certainly didn’t even before reviewing the rerelease recently!). :)

I got the 5CMPS hardback when it came out - I've had the paperback version for God knows how many years. It's nice to be able to upgrade it to a hardcover with nice binding, which should hopefully last.

However, I am kind of disappointed it's essentially the same pages + a new afterword stuck in a hardcover like you state in your review - I was hoping for a few extra goodies like maybe some exclusive colour pages or just some extras to make it feel more like a collector's edition.

But hey ho, it's probably one of my favourite anime and manga, so it's nice to have it in this hardcover format with sewn binding.

Back