8th May UK anime releases

The European release of Crest of the Stars is an insult.

Bandai release Crest of the Stars under their budget Anime Legends label whilst simultaneously their European division release it as singles at a full retail price point.

Once again BEEZ want use to adopt the position to receive the stick.

It has been out in the US for quite a while though. Theres nothing stopping you import the cheap region 1 box set (which is what I intend to do).

Gawyn said:
It is available, it seems, at Amazon UK.

Hmm, that entry seems a bit sparse though, and not in stock.

If I knew that the entry for it on archonia was the same item, I would be well tempted to pick it up there.

I think I will write off to play.com like you suggested. BEEZ, UK site is still under construction .... so I can't pull contact info from them, I might check Neo.

Laughing Manji said:
I think I will write off to play.com like you suggested. BEEZ, UK site is still under construction .... so I can't pull contact info from them, I might check Neo.

The UK site for BEEZ has been underconstructuin forever i dont think they ever plan to finsh it, thats if there even started it.

im waiting for Planetes vol 6 to pop up on play.com to.
if its not up there by the lonson expo i will just buy it from the beez stand there.

Play.com don't have an easy access mail server either. and I am not calling internationally to ask them what the story is.

While it is possible that my local comic shop might have it, they close before I leave work. While play.com is my preferred online retailer, it frequently is my only one.

archonia seem to have it actually in stock, though its the european version. The discs and languages are identical (I think) but packaging may be different. Consistency across collections is important.

Ramen89 said:
The European release of Crest of the Stars is an insult.

Bandai release Crest of the Stars under their budget Anime Legends label whilst simultaneously their European division release it as singles at a full retail price point.

Once again BEEZ want use to adopt the position to receive the stick.

It has been out in the US for quite a while though. Theres nothing stopping you import the cheap region 1 box set (which is what I intend to do).

I've already imported the Banner of the Stars re-release boxset, which is very nice, and very cheap. Hoping to get BotS II when it comes out in June.

As for Crest of the Stars, I got that ages ago (import).

Back