A big Oi! Oi! Oi! to all the boyz & girlz!!

Slickeeboy

Completely Average High School Student
So where do I start? Hmm!!! I guess the start would be as good a place as any huh?

I got into anime about 13 years ago when Manga Entertainment started releasing various titles on VHS.
I remember walking into John Menzies in Inverness and browsing the video shelves with some money burning in my pocket. I selected a title walked up to the counter, the dude served me, and I walked out with a nice hefty smile on my face and a copy of the original Fist Of The North Star in my little bag. Needless to say I was chuffed to bits getting served an 18 rated video............Well it meant something in those days didn't it? ;)

Anyway I went home stuffed it into my video player and sat there........Amazed. :shock:
Never in my puff had I seen a "cartoon" like this.........I say cartoon because thats what it was back then. It wasn't until my interest grew that I started to find out what the whole thing was about.

And so my love of anime was born.

I'd never seen anything like it, as I mentioned above, but the whole style and essence of the movies that were about was so completely different that the hook was well and truly embedded. They really seemed to spark my imagination. :D

So coming bang up to date.

My name is Kev, I'm a 28 yr old Engineer working in the oil industry.
5' 11" With dark hair, dark eyes and a GSOH........

Wait a minute, wrong site......... DOH!! :x :oops:

Between then and now I've had the pleasure of watching many many great movies and shows. What was that?

The highlights? Hmmmm!!

Where do you start with a question like that? Well ok I'll give it a shot.

Gundam UC. Cowboy Bebop. Escaflowne. FLCL. Berserk. Akira. Metal Panic. Trigun. Miyazaki ( any ). Initial D. Ghost In The Sheel. Ninja Scroll. Goldenboy. GTO. Jin-Roh. Macross. Outlaw Star. Tenchi OVA's, Vandread, Nadessico..........And many more which at this precise point in time I forget.... :oops:

I still have a laod of stuff in my collection which I still have to watch. Such as Rahxephon, Noir, Excel Saga, Argento Soma, Memories, El Hazard, Captain Tylor. Also, the most recent orders which I've place were for Paranoia Agent and Zeta Gundam boxed set which I am really looking forward to getting my grubby paws on.

So thats about it really. I joined yesterday and spent most of my time just dodderin about the site checkin the place out, and from what I've seen it seems like a really cool place to hangout. I pretty sure I'll meet some cool people, hopefully make a few friends, talk some bollox about anime and just generally chill the hell out. Which is all good as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways hope to catch you all about sometime in the not too distant futere guyz n galz. Take care and as my mother always used to say, if you can't be good, be careful. ;)

Cheers

Kev :wink: :D

Disclaimer : Yes! I kno my spilling is carp.

Hi! and welcome to the forum.

Nice sense of humour you've got there (nearly answered your ad :wink: ) - joking!!

Also nice to see another slightly older member, as I was feeling a little too much like the only ancient one here :lol:

I've been into anime for 13 years myself as well, but my first purchase was Dominion Tank Police :D

Hope you enjoy your stay here and join in all the discussions.

Hello and welcome....another from scotland...did you say you used to live in inverness? cause i used to live there.....

Originally I'm from Tain Arbalest.

Inverness is where we used to go for the weekend when we were younger. Get few mates together and catch the bus and then spend the day eating junk food, playing the arcades and following groups of ladies about in the vain attempt that they might think we were cool enough to hang out with. You know the score. :oops: :lol: ;)
Good times. Seems like so long ago now tho......... :?

Where do you stay now dude?

Oh! And cheers for the welcome. ;)

Welcome! :)
That was possibly the longest intro I have read for introducing! lol. But it's a worthy read I'd say :wink:

Slickeeboy said:
Originally I'm from Tain

I've been to Tain quite a bit since my relatives live there. It's a nice town but has even less to do than my town! (Wick) But at least Tain is near Inverness to travel through!

It's always nice to see another Scot on the forum! :D
________
Gs

So you finally got round to writing an intro Slickeeboy. I just finished reading your last PM so I'll be sending a reply shortly. Welcome to the forum, before I forget :lol:

Me..well..i now live in a wee village called killin mear to Stirling...very quiet here....soo boring...thats why i am on here a lot...

neptune2venus said:
Welcome! :)
That was possibly the longest intro I have read for introducing! lol. But it's a worthy read I'd say :wink:

Slickeeboy said:
Originally I'm from Tain

I've been to Tain quite a bit since my relatives live there. It's a nice town but has even less to do than my town! (Wick) But at least Tain is near Inverness to travel through!

It's always nice to see another Scot on the forum! :D

A dirty Weeker. :lol: :wink:
Whats your reli's names Venus? Might know them........ :shock: :lol:

Arbalest said:
Me..well..i now live in a wee village called killin mear to Stirling...very quiet here....soo boring...thats why i am on here a lot...

:lol: Small towns get like that huh? I know, I grew up in one.
Good to meet ya tho dude. Where does the name Arbalest come from BTW? :oops: ( I have a feelin I should know as it sounds very familiar for some reason ) Nadesico? :?: Gonna bug me now. :evil:

And a big thankyou to everyone I haven't already thanked for such a nice welcome, its much appreciated guyz n galz. :D

Back