A new man to anime

Chrono

Completely Average High School Student
Hey I'm really new to anime, i've seen a bit of anime (Akira, .Hack series..)

Can someone introduct me to anime a bit? thanks if anyone tells me any info i should need to know about anime :)

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Can someone give me a list of The best animes and mangas so I can check inot them? Thanks

A list of Anime that IMHO must be seen:

Merai Shonen Conan
Mobile Suit Gundam (At least the first Series, if you like robots also Gundam 0083, Gundam 08MS and the SEED and SEED Destiny episodes...)
Fushigi no Umi no Nadia
Full Metal Panic
Wolf's Rain
Escaflowne
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Robotech (Even if you should find it as macross ist better...)

A lot of the series in the list was classical, but even if picture doesn't compete with new series, the story really do...

welcome Chrono to the site and here is a big shout from me :mrgreen:

I would have to agree with the list that Shinn has got. You have got to see something from the Gundam Saga like Gundam Seed or Gundam Wing. Gundam Wing is what really started it all off for me with the Anime and Manga.

Hey Chrono, welcome to the forums.

Theres so many anime and manga out there its really hard to recommend things as everybody has different tastes, what some people may think is brilliant others may not like.

I think Last Exile, is a good place to start if you haven't seen much anime though, it has interesting enough charecters to appeal to everyone.

Hi! and welcome.
I have to agree with Manga_Minx, there's just too many titles and genres to recommend anything and of course most people would just recommend their favourites, which might not even appeal to you :lol:

There is the assumption you're a guy, but maybe if you tell everyone a little more about yourself, it might be easier to recommend a few things.

You could try reading through some of the reviews here on Anime UK News, as you could get some ideas if any of them sound like your thing!

Welcome to the forums, you should try some different types of anime out and see what genres you like, then you can see what shows might appeal to you and your tastes.

Xxfrozen_wolfxX said:
Hayaz Chrono welcome to the Forums :3 dyu like Chrono Crusade by any chance?

I got the name of Chrono Trigger :p

Thanks for the list and ideas I'll check them out!

Welcome to the forums, and nice name! I actually echo all of Shinn's recommendations. I'm sure that by the time you've got 10 posts you'll be swimming in new anime titles. ;)

Shinn said:
Chrono said:
I got the name of Chrono Trigger :p

A wonderful game, if I may say... Still sorry 'cause wasn't able to play Chronocross... :'(

I can go buy it right now (Chrono Cross), but it looks horrible to me and I wouldn't want to be disappointed.

Anyways, So many people said I should describe myself, so here I go!

I am 14, male in Canada. I am a black metaller (A.K.A. Live the lifestyle of Black Metal, and make/listen too black metal.) I like Stanley Kubrick's The Shining, Resident Evil series, CSI: Las Vegas, CKY and Viva la bam and Sonic The Hedgehog.

Back