A new UK anime convention in 2007: Alcon in Leicester

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
A new UK anime convention will be kicking off in September 2007, Alcon in Leicester.<ul class="menu">"A new anime convention is being held 14-16 September 2007 at De Montfort University, Leicester City Campus. It'll be our first convention and more community centered. Our goals are to bring anime fans closer together as a community as well as enjoying a fun time at a new anime convention in the UK."

"What should you expect at Alcon? Well over at our bar which has 2 floors we shall be having DS Wifi access for people to sit down with a drink and connect with other people online. We shall also be having a party downstairs and more to be confirmed. As for the main building of the convention gaming, dealers and artist ally will be part of the convention along with a fanart wall for those wishing to show off their fanart of Alcon's mascots (Al-chan and Al-kun - the twin mascots). We also have an anime screening room setup so no need to worry about not getting enough anime viewing in as you can walk in and watch your favourite animes. Many events will happen along with cosplay masquerade. More details can be found on the website, which is constantly updated."</ul>

Hmm intresting although seems to be abit close to amecon in terms of time an location. Its only about a month after it an its more or less down the road from University of Leicester. So I got to wonder why they chose to do it so close?

im a student at dmu leicester!! lmao, this seems such a weird event, dmu is not a place where i would a anime convention, but hey whatever floats there boat lol, now i need to choose whether to invite my non anime friends to come or not and have them join in the joy tht is anime.

what programs are gonna be there? already seen naruto and bleach and fma, but really hope all 3 are there!

Another one I can't go to as its oop north, one day there will be a con in the Bristol, Swindon, Newbury, Reading area........ I hope

That Man said:
Hmm intresting although seems to be abit close to amecon in terms of time an location. Its only about a month after it an its more or less down the road from University of Leicester. So I got to wonder why they chose to do it so close?

Oddly enough we were originally meant to be in July but due to timing issues had to move to September however our original dates were taken by another convention so we moved into September. I spoke to Amecon but dates for them had not been confirmed back then. However they have been very friendly to us and very helpful. :)

McIcy said:
Another one I can't go to as its oop north, one day there will be a con in the Bristol, Swindon, Newbury, Reading area........ I hope

Originally I wanted us to be in Sheffield Hallum which is right next to the station. Issues popped up like crazy so we decided to use DMU where I am situated. As for whether we shall use DMU again or move to another uni south or north in the UK is unknown.

tidusffxwakka said:
im a student at dmu leicester!! lmao, this seems such a weird event, dmu is not a place where i would a anime convention, but hey whatever floats there boat lol, now i need to choose whether to invite my non anime friends to come or not and have them join in the joy tht is anime.

what programs are gonna be there? already seen naruto and bleach and fma, but really hope all 3 are there!

DMU is a pretty good place, actually. :) We have a bar also hired out which is right near the rooms we have hired and very close to the halls of residents we are hiring out.

I cannot confirm what animes we are screening. However I can state to expect animes from MVM, Manga Entertainment and Beez. :)

Nice to meet another DMU student anime fan. :) Maybe we can meetup some time? I'm actually on campus in halls (I'm a fresher *noob*).

Anyone with questions feel free to grab me on MSN/AIM or email us from our website :D

Helen (Chairman of Alcon)

Hello Mewmew! ^_^

I'll be at Alcon. ^_^ It'll be fun. Be sure to check out their conbook, I hear it is going to be awesome, perhaps even including a free poster! :D

Mutsumi (Conbook Editor/Publisher of Alcon)

hi could you please tell me how to buy tickets if you need to and how much would they cost im dying to go to one with my mates :!:

Fmagirl16 said:
hi could you please tell me how to buy tickets if you need to and how much would they cost im dying to go to one with my mates :!:
I'm going to Alcon with some friends, and I've already payed.
You need a cheque book though, as you need to send money to them, and they only accept Cheques.

You basically sign up, and order how much you want to pay for the stay. Once you've decided this and submitted, you should get an e-mail from them telling where to send the cheque. Just write on the check how much you owe etc, and write your badge name and Real name on the back. Then send it by mail (don't forget the stamp!)

I'm just waiting for them to get it and then accept. Now, I need to work on the costume...

What is the name of the boys lullby in naruto or inuyasha? i don't know if this is from naruto or inuyasha but i really think its inuyasha. but its a boy who is singing a lullaby that his mom would sing him when he was little and i think it has to do with the stars..or the sky or something like that...

tidusffxwakka said:

Dude i go DMU as well! small ass world ehh? lol u aint the anime society?

Mewski said:
That Man said:

Oddly enough we were originally meant to be in July but due to timing issues had to move to September however our original dates were taken by another convention so we moved into September. I spoke to Amecon but dates for them had not been confirmed back then. However they have been very friendly to us and very helpful. :)

McIcy said:

Originally I wanted us to be in Sheffield Hallum which is right next to the station. Issues popped up like crazy so we decided to use DMU where I am situated. As for whether we shall use DMU again or move to another uni south or north in the UK is unknown.

tidusffxwakka said:

DMU is a pretty good place, actually. :) We have a bar also hired out which is right near the rooms we have hired and very close to the halls of residents we are hiring out.

I cannot confirm what animes we are screening. However I can state to expect animes from MVM, Manga Entertainment and Beez. :)

Nice to meet another DMU student anime fan. :) Maybe we can meetup some time? I'm actually on campus in halls (I'm a fresher *noob*).

Anyone with questions feel free to grab me on MSN/AIM or email us from our website :D

Helen (Chairman of Alcon)

Im from DMU as well! lol omg, I said that in my last post because I got so excited wen the other person said they were as well, PM me, maybe I've seen u about!

Yup, and she is no longer the Chairman either, nor is she at uni there anymore. Alcon had a big committee change before their first convention because Mewski, the former chairman, and Freesaiyan, the owner and boss of animeleague, were an on-off couple. Then they ragesplit for whatever reasons, and she was removed from the committee, by the committee. Or something kinda like that, I cannot remember all the details.

Back