A pre-Christmas Welcome to the NHK?

Oooh good news, I was almost ready to import this due to the cost differences but if it turns out MVM haven't broken anything with this release...

You should be safe. I've got a review copy and (although I've only had a chance to watch the first disc so far) there doesn't seem to be any issues with it.

Received this yesterday but was in nowhere near a fit state to start watching!

I've forgotten the proper terminology for a case like this (keep-lock?) but it's one of those cases where the extra discs are on a flipable tray in the middle. It's simple but does the job well.

I've not seen this show since it was airing actually. Despite importing loads I held off buying it as I thought it was one series that would definitely make it here. Had to wait a while but i'm really glad it did! And in a quaint sort of way it feels good to buy a new release from MvM. Hope it does well for them.

MercenaryRaiden said:
Received this yesterday but was in nowhere near a fit state to start watching!

I've forgotten the proper terminology for a case like this (keep-lock?) but it's one of those cases where the extra discs are on a flipable tray in the middle. It's simple but does the job well.

I've not seen this show since it was airing actually. Despite importing loads I held off buying it as I thought it was one series that would definitely make it here. Had to wait a while but i'm really glad it did! And in a quaint sort of way it feels good to buy a new release from MvM. Hope it does well for them.

Some pics would be appreciated. Wondering if its worth replacing my current set for space saving...

butch-cassidy said:
Some pics would be appreciated. Wondering if its worth replacing my current set for space saving...

A thought that had not occured to me! Crappy phone camera pictures go~! (Not that the cameramans skill is any good.)

The front
The back (which you can't see because my phone camera is rubbish and out of focus)
The inside that somehow went super large and super blurry so that you can't actually see what I was talking about with the disc lock!
The one you'll most likely be interested in - a side by side with a single dvd

At least the quality doesn't matter about that one. As you can see it's double the size so essentially 2 single dvds next to one another (infact stacking two next to one another pretty much confirms this.) I think it's slightly smaller than Beez's recent Big O release.

But yeah sorry for the super low quality pics. If you want, and can wait till tomorrow, I should have access to a proper camera to take some better quality shots? Cause, quite frankly, these are bad :D

Paradox295 said:
Kinda big for a 4 disc box
::sigh::

It still depresses me that the days are gone when a "boxed set" meant something like this:

LastExileb114.jpg

Still, I shall buy NHK for £18 for the content, since (like every other show released in the last couple of years) I'm not being given the option of buying a nice boxed set for £35.

Mmmm I do miss the presentation of a proper box sets. It's one of the compromises we've taken for cheaper media I guess :(
Most of my complete collections are simple multidisc cases whereas I have one or two older ones like Chevalier which are the full singles and box which look infinitely nicer.

Back