A ******* TREMOR just hit the area.

URGENT - UK EARTHQUAKE APPEAL

At 00:54 on Wednesday the 27th February, an earthquake measuring 5.1 on the Richter scale hit the UK, causing untold disruption and distress:

Many were woken well before their giro arrived.

Several priceless collections of mementos from the Balearics and Spanish Costas were damaged.

Thousands are confused and bewildered, trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting has happened in the UK.

One resident, Donna-Marie Dutton, a 17 year old mother-of-seven said:

"It was such a shock, little Chantal-Britney came running into my bedroom crying.

My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Megan-Storm slept through it. I was still shaking when I was watching Jeremy Kyle the next morning."

Apparently though, begging, thieving, and grovelling did carry on as normal.

The British Red Cross have so far managed to import 4000 crates of Sunny Delight to help the stricken masses.

Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings including benefit books and jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

£2 buys chips, scraps and blue pop for a family of four.

£10 can take a family to Stockport for the day, where children can play on an unspoiled canal bank among the national collection of stinging nettles.

22p buys a biro for filling in a spurious compensation claim.

PLEASE ACT NOW

Simply email us by return with your credit card details and we'll do the rest!

Don’t worry; we bank with a reputable UK bank (Northern Rock) so you know your money is in safe hands.

If you prefer to donate cash, there are collection points available at your local branches of Argos, Iceland and Clinton Cards.

McIcy said:
I was sat on the toilet at 1am when it hit and the whole room shook, I thought it was the curry I'd had for a minute

Man, I was expecting a bathroom joke in good taste, and you provided at the peak of the thread; cheers d00de.

On the subject of curries; if your asshole didn't burn- the curry was ****.

It's in the papers btw, and one was titled 'The day the earth shook'.

Had just gone to bed when my house started shaking o.o
I ran to my doorway and started shouting 'Why the F%* is the house shaking?'

Scared the bejeezers outta me.

Ryo Chan said:
URGENT - UK EARTHQUAKE APPEAL

At 00:54 on Wednesday the 27th February, an earthquake measuring 5.1 on the Richter scale hit the UK, causing untold disruption and distress:

Many were woken well before their giro arrived.

Several priceless collections of mementos from the Balearics and Spanish Costas were damaged.

Thousands are confused and bewildered, trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting has happened in the UK.

One resident, Donna-Marie Dutton, a 17 year old mother-of-seven said:

"It was such a shock, little Chantal-Britney came running into my bedroom crying.

My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Megan-Storm slept through it. I was still shaking when I was watching Jeremy Kyle the next morning."

Apparently though, begging, thieving, and grovelling did carry on as normal.

The British Red Cross have so far managed to import 4000 crates of Sunny Delight to help the stricken masses.

Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings including benefit books and jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

£2 buys chips, scraps and blue pop for a family of four.

£10 can take a family to Stockport for the day, where children can play on an unspoiled canal bank among the national collection of stinging nettles.

22p buys a biro for filling in a spurious compensation claim.

PLEASE ACT NOW

Simply email us by return with your credit card details and we'll do the rest!

Don’t worry; we bank with a reputable UK bank (Northern Rock) so you know your money is in safe hands.

If you prefer to donate cash, there are collection points available at your local branches of Argos, Iceland and Clinton Cards.
lol :lol:

apparently a few people in my area felt it, but i slept through it!
the funniest thing i heard was when my friend told me that apparently "it was so strong they felt it in denmark!" sometimes i question the reliablility of his information...........

I despair at the thought of the boring lives people lead if a mere shake of the earth can cause such distress. All the attention this issue has received has been most annoying to endure.

Aion said:
I despair at the thought of the boring lives people lead if a mere shake of the earth can cause such distress. All the attention this issue has received has been most annoying to endure.
Or you could do what I do sometimes and ignore the subject... Just saying, cuz you sound like you're a little rattled-up.

Aion said:
It certainly was unexpected for the UK and kind of a shock at the time but people have blown it up to be more than it was.

Aion said:

Ignoooooore Threeeeead.

Yeah someone wrote a thread about this elsewhere. Apparently it was an Earthquake. I didn't feel anything though, but I am 2 hours away from central and apparently thats where it was mainly.

But lets be greatful, Japan gets them a lot worse.

I slept through the whole thing - my dad came in to see if it was me banging on the walls (why he thought that I don't know!) - I remember laughing at the report on the teletext "a man suffered leg injuries". Trust us to try and seensationalise something that probably wasn't that serious!

Back