ADV Films Licenses Air Gear

Ah, interesting, ADV are picking up a series with a name to it, I was going to pick up a volume of the manga, might still do it. ;]

i was suprised that Geneon (or somewhat, also Bandai) didnt pick this series up. must be because Tenjho Tenge didnt do too well in terms of sales for Geneon.
still, i might pick this up as the manga is seriously cool.

Cool, Air Gear is one of my all time favourite anime series, something about it makes me smile everytime I watch it. Downside is the fansubs will end but the upside will be that I'll be able to have proper DVD's of the series

I really want to start collecting the manga to see whether it measures up to the series.

After the crushing disappointment that was Tenjho Tenge, I think I'll give Air Gear a miss. Still, it's good to see ADV licensing higher profile series again.

Tenjho Tenge was really that bad? Wow. I've never seen the series, but I never heard it was a dissapointment, I've heard it was enjoyable. Still, I guess I'll judge Air Gear on volume 1, oh and when it says they'll use the original Japanese format does it mean it'll be dubbed with ALL content intact or just release the series with subs?

ADV always release dual language. But they are releasing the DVD versions not the original TV broadcast, which was edited for content (all them digitally inserted crows).

After the crushing revelation that Toei didn't fix the whole Cover Crow issue for the DVDs, I Don't think I'll bother my ****.

The manga suits me fine.

Conan-san said:
After the crushing revelation that Toei didn't fix the whole Cover Crow issue for the DVDs, I Don't think I'll bother my ****.

The manga suits me fine.

Well....you know they can't show....down there in Japan right....at least on TV shows right?

GrantM said:
Conan-san said:

The manga suits me fine.

Well....you know they can't show....down there in Japan right....at least on TV shows right?
The point is that the dvd should of been uncensored like they normally do.
Course, this is "Battosai the Anime Killer" Toei so make what you want of it.

i have the japanese Air gear vol 1 dvd
and it only has the crow covering the private parts (which i guess is normall, unless it turns to some random hentai lol)
so there are bare breasts and ass lol.

Good news, but it might be worth highlighting in future if you are talking about ADV UK or ADV US. For those who are not so uptodate on new anime... :)

Back