ADV UK seals sales and distribution deal

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
This just in:

LDMS PARTNER WITH ADV FILMS

SALES FIRM BECOMES FULL SALES & DISTRIBUTION PARTNER

LONDON, UK, 8th FEBRUARY 2008

ADV Films has announced that Lace Digital Media Sales will become their UK and Europe sales and distribution partners.

LDMS, the UK-based sales and distribution company, will add the ADV partnership to an already impressive client list and build further on their market share as an independent distributor.

Sales Director Andy Lyon is delighted with the partnership:

"ADV has been an incredibly successful brand in UK DVD market and LDMS longest standing Sales & Distribution customer. We are incredibly proud and pleased to have been selected to manage ADV's business in UK and Germany which is testament to the hard work and success of our sales force over the past 5 years. We look forward to a very long and exciting partnership."

ADV is the leading producer and distributor of anime outside Japan with the largest English-language anime library in the world. ADV aims to strengthen its business in Europe, and the partnership with LDMS is sure to generate even greater market share, revenue and success in the market.

"Anime is a red hot international pop culture phenomenon, but the home video market for anime in Europe is dreadfully underserved," said ADV Films president John Ledford. "There's enormous potential there, and that's why we're so excited about the partnership with Lace."

LDMS' established reputation within the market and their impressive track record will be the key to a successful partnership in the UK and Europe. Adam Lacey, MD of the Lace Group, is looking forward to a continued relationship with ADV.

"Lace has worked closely with ADV for over five years and really enjoyed helping them grow their business. The changes that have now been made mean we will get the opportunity of really developing the anime market. ADV has an incredible catalogue and some exciting and ambitious new release plans for 2008 and beyond. We have a full team in place to drive the business for ADV from frontline sales and marketing to production, design, finance, PR and promotion."

Nyu said:
So things look on the up then. Excellent news.
They were never really on the down. It was mostly overreactions on the part of the UK forums that showed any real panic. What we really need now is affirmation of ADV US's state of affairs.

Gawyn said:
Nyu said:
They were never really on the down. It was mostly overreactions on the part of the UK forums that showed any real panic. What we really need now is affirmation of ADV US's state of affairs.
I hold my hands up, I was panicking!

Great news indeed, although I’m a little surprised that news of ADV UK/Europe’s future has broken before news of the situation in the US. I assumed that if the US situation couldn’t be resolved, that ADV in Europe would be finished anyway. But again, great news!

harkins said:
Gawyn said:
Nyu said:
I hold my hands up, I was panicking!

Great news indeed, although I’m a little surprised that news of ADV UK/Europe’s future has broken before news of the situation in the US. I assumed that if the US situation couldn’t be resolved, that ADV in Europe would be finished anyway. But again, great news!
*Effortlessly holds up hand* Yeah, I admit, I was all schitz about the situation, but at least (if only by the most part) ADV looks ok.

I still feel a little annoyed with the tension and lack of information they gave, and the fact that Geneon had to suffer from it. Yet, personally, it sounded like they were trying to make a deal that seemed a little risky to make, i.e. they cut off Geneon, and were struggling to make a firm deal with Lace.
Probably my paranoia, but I'm just trying to work it all out. Doubt it'll be worth the effort though.

Gawyn said:
Nyu said:

The very fact that this deal has gone through should raise some hope that the problems are over. I can't see anybody getting involved in a company that's about to go under, so obviously ADV isn't about to go under :p

And relax... Well thank God I don't need to hold my breath anymore over this lets just hope they start releasing titles soon an that there won't be a big/any delay. So all in all anime in the UK seems to be on the up at the start of 2008 with MVM cutting prices an ADV possibly doing the same. Good news I say good news.

Edit:
Just been on play an they have put just about all the ADV titles back to September. Either these are the new release dates or there just doing what they sometimes do an are making up release dates who knows?

does this mean all future anime licenced by adv in america then re-encoded for the uk will have the lace logo on the case instead of ADV or both like fma with funi and revelations

What a fantastic start too my week off from School. Its nice to hear ADV have stabilized a good(?) distributor for us, And it seems to me that everything is back where is should be. I was one off the fellow over-reactors but it wasn't good news to hear at all with them not having anywhere else to go. So now they have some one to fall back on and it seems ADV's changing are hopefully going to be for the better.

Phew..

That Man said:
Edit:
Just been on play an they have put just about all the ADV titles back to September. Either these are the new release dates or there just doing what they sometimes do an are making up release dates who knows?

Play.com like to do that with any DVDs they're unsure about.

Lupus Inu said:
Awesome. Now, Gurren Lagann release date, please.

Hear, hear! I can't wait for GL's release!

There are so many upcoming series that I want: Shana, FLCL and Haruhi (fingers crossed!), Black Lagoon and now GL, as well as the stuff I'm already collecting (RahXephon, BECK, Mushi-Shi). Plus the cost of some new shelves to store it all on! Being an anime fan sure is expensive! ^__^

I've already been in contact with LDMS and they sound like nice, friendly people with a real plan for the future. They are still negotiating certain things, so the release schedule etc hasn't been sorted yet, but we'll probably get information from them soon enough. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see them at conventions, they just seem like they'd take this opportunity to introduce themselves to the fans.

Back