Afro Samurai - The Video Game

jeremy1985

Kiznaiver
At its 2007 Editors' Day presentation, held in San Francisco last week, NAMCO Bandai unveiled a trailer for the upcoming Afro Samurai video game.
A NAMCO Bandai representative promised that the game will be "uncut, uncensored, unadulterated."
It will carry an M (mature) rating (equivalent of an '18' rating in the UK) and will be released on the Xbox 360 console.
A release date for the USA has been slated as late December 2007. (No word on a UK realease date as of yet.)
To read a report from the annoucnement, which also includes a description of the trailer shown to all who attended, <a href="http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/afrosamurai/news.html?sid=6172599&om_act=convert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded;title;1">click here</a>
Source : <a href="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com">Anime News Network</a>

Well if the games animation and style run along side that of the series it will definately fall under the 'MUST OWN' category, too bad for me though as I don't have the 360

McIcy said:
Well if the games animation and style run along side that of the series it will definately fall under the 'MUST OWN' category, too bad for me though as I don't have the 360

All's Hoping for a PS3 release.

Why oh why are Anime games being released on the 360; Multi platform all the way.

Jayme said:
McIcy said:

All's Hoping for a PS3 release.

Why oh why are Anime games being released on the 360; Multi platform all the way.

Although multı-platform games are more profıtable for a publısher, ıt usually lowers the overal qualıty of the game because you have to take more than one console's specs ınto consıderatıon durıng development. Add to thıs the fact that the maın reason ıt's probably exclusıve ıs due to Mıcrosoft strıkıng a deal wıth Namco Bandaı ın an attempt to gaın a better foothold ın Japan. That would be my hunch, anyway.

I suppose the series weren't bad...It had great animation and the game would definatly boost it's popularity if it were as good...though there's the problem of it being for 360 only.

McIcy said:

Good news on this matter... As far as I know (and that's quite a bit), the Afro Samurai game IS going to be on the PS3 as well as the X-Box 360.

I will get double check this just to confirm... and then let you guys know, but I was originally informed that it was on both consoles... hence why it will say that in the Afro Samurai UK Newsletter. :lol:

What can I say... they don't care about you fans enough to get a 'dude' like me to promote it to you on a more personal level.... where's the love I hear you say? my sentiments exactly!

Back