Albums you wish you hadn't bought

Owning somewhere in the region of 700 CD’s there quite a few I wish I’d never bought but if I had to plump for one I’d struggle to choose between Atari Teenage Riot’s album ‘60 Second Wipe’-out because it’s unlistenable crap, Crumbsuckers ‘Life of Dreams’ because I paid silly money for it and it was very disappointing or Kasabian’s ‘Empire’ as it is the biggest let down ever!

Oh god, there was a jazz funk compilation CD I got a little while ago, and it turned out to be waaaay too cheesy 70's disco sounding T_T Luckily it was only about £5-6 or I really would have cried. I have since found many more such compilations which are good, not crap.

I'm relieved to say I can't name any steps albums!

I think we all made odd purchases in our youth. I had a Pet Shop Boys album. I still have nightmares about it!

I think most of albums from the past now fall into this category, I mean I have stuff like, NOW28 and Michael jacksons Bad, I think I even have a Meatloaf CD and infact I even have the B*Witched album (the irish girls NOT the tv show/movie).

I had some terrible taste in music

Reality by David Bowie but only because after I bought it I found out there was a version of the album which had a bonus DVD where the entire thing was played live.

I wish I never brought any of the Spice Girls albums. I was 11/12 at the time and was a fan, but I now wished I never brought any of their CD's. I also have the first SClub7 album and I really wished I never got in in the 1st place.

Hmm... let's see..

LCD Soundsystem - Debut Album (Was only a fiver in Fopp but it's pure garbage)

Kasabian - Empire (Yep - very disappointing. Don't really like that kind of music anyway!)

Fat Boy Slim - You've Come a Long Way Baby (Only got two decent tracks and I had them on CD single anyway. The rest is boring rubbish)

Space Raiders - Don't be Daft (Was recommended as dance album of the month in HMV. Boy was I fooled!)

Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP (A real let-down after the entertaining Slim Shady LP)

Blur - Blur (First two songs are great... the rest is twaddle)

The Chemical Brothers - Surrender (Only really bought it for 'Let Forever Be'... everything else is crap. Such an overrated band)

I sold off about 13 CDs on ebay and through other methods last year, and I'm readying another stack for flogging. I think that sums me up.

Espy said:
I sold off about 13 CDs on ebay and through other methods last year, and I'm readying another stack for flogging. I think that sums me up.

I couldn't be bothered with the effort when it came to getting rid of my old albums so I just put them in a bin bag and threw them away at the local tip

AnimeEnchanter said:
i wish i hadnt bought the kooks album. i thought some of the release songs were ok so i bought the album and found the rest of the songs where crap. :(

I wish the same thing about the 36 Crazy Fists album, I blought it cause I loved the track Bloodwork but that was the only good track on the whole album

McIcy said:
I couldn't be bothered with the effort when it came to getting rid of my old albums so I just put them in a bin bag and threw them away at the local tip
I gave a load of my old CDs to one of my friends a good while back...for the money people are willing to pay, I decided it was a waste of time and effort really.

I would have got something for them, but I really just couldn't be bothered. :oops:

Back