Amazon Japan

buster_machine

Completely Average High School Student
It seems that Amazon Japan no longer ships books outside of Japan. Does anyone know anything more about this? Any suggestions where to buy Japanese books/manga elsewhere?

Yesasia is probably your best bet, while their listings aren't nearly as comprehensive as Amazon's they stock plenty in the way of manga, anime and collectibles, plus they offer free shipping, which is always a bonus.

Paranoia Agent said:
Yesasia is probably your best bet, while their listings aren't nearly as comprehensive as Amazon's they stock plenty in the way of manga, anime and collectibles, plus they offer free shipping, which is always a bonus.

Yeah. I might buy some video-games from that~ ^^

I recently bought some manga volumes of Naruto from Amazon.co.jp. Shipped to Glasgow without any fuss - just a healthy P&P charge...

Really Amazon in Japan doesn't ship books to international costumer anymore? >.<"

You can also try Hobby Link Japan, they are realiable and it only costs approximately £5 for one manga including postage and packaging, however the only disadvantage is that when an item is out of stock & they can not get the item for you, then they take ages to tell you.

Another site you can try is Sasuga Books, but I never brought anything from that site so I don;t know how they are like, but the prices seem to be abit expensive then RRP.

Finally Animaxis who are really realiable and the shipping process is fast. on the date when you place your order, you will recieve the item in about 3-5 days ^^ They however only ship via EMS and accept credit cards only.

:? Where did you hear this...?

I got a little annoyed when I first read this, thinking it would be sooo much hassle to get my manga now. But I went and looked at the site anyway, expecting to see a big notice or something announcing this.

Couldn't find anything anywhere, inclusing the delivery rates and policies pages. So, decided to order my next lot regardless and see what happened.

It accepted my order just fine, and I've just got the notice that they've been shipped...

Sorry about the late reply; my computer broke down and it took me about four weeks to get a new one. :(

Great!!! :D I am very pleased to see that I was wrong. At the time of my post, it said "we can not deliver this item outside of Japan" when you looked up an individual book title on their site. That remark is gone now though. They did some general changes to their site at the time, so I guess something went wrong.

Back