Animatsu have Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water for Q2

ayase said:
Mohawk52 said:
there is an iconic element from Nadia that became an icon in EVA
2prwbw4.jpg
Nope, but close. :wink:

Didn't expect them to pick this up, truly was convinced it was all new titles. The art work in the relevant thread looks very promising. Depending on who's doing the authoring, I'll order the BD asap, it's a show that's been on my radar for a long time.

It's funny they went with a series still in production.

I would have thought a series not released in the west on BD would have been a better choice like

GITS SAC and GITS SAC 2nd gig.

I've read there are 2 dubs for this, does anyone know which one is on the Sentai release?

Edit: found it, it's the ADV Dub

NormanicGrav said:
Dan said:
WOHOO Rigid box confirmed.

I assume it will be cardboard rigid (like Aniplex) and not chipboard rigid (like Anime Limited, Funimation and many others).

Ooh didn't think of that. Just presumed it would be the same as Anime Limited's

NormanicGrav said:
Dan said:
WOHOO Rigid box confirmed.

I assume it will be cardboard rigid (like Aniplex) and not chipboard rigid (like Anime Limited, Funimation and many others).
If a thin card box counts as rigid, what's a non-rigid box?

When people say "chipboard" I presume they mean that much thicker, denser grade of cardboard, because I doubt any boxes are actually made of chipboard, as in wood.

Thin card = Manga's Attack on Titan box.

Thick card / Chipboard = what Anime Ltd uses for most of their titles.

Blu-Ray version is now down to £50.50 on Amazon, strangely though the DVD versions states currently unavailable

Dan said:
Blu-Ray version is now down to £50.50 on Amazon, strangely though the DVD versions states currently unavailable

At this stage, I wouldn't worry too much about that. We've got till June 1st for that to go up.

I actually had a similar concern myself over the latest R1 Ranma 1/2 DVD set. With no way of watching US blu-rays, I can only import DVDs for the time being. Details were up for blu-ray while the DVD set was 'currently unavailable' every time I did a search for it until the day of release.

Back