Anime for UK TV

Most of the shows people have mentioned would be good choices.
Matter of intrest would the anime shows be broadcasted with subtitles or a dub soundtrack?

Rockatronic said:
Most of the shows people have mentioned would be good choices.
Matter of intrest would the anime shows be broadcasted with subtitles or a dub soundtrack?

I think to appeal to non anime fans it would have to be dub.

Ghibli Films on terrestrial TV. Now.

I honestly don't understand what the delay is ^^. At the very least CH4 should have shown them...

As for Series, i'm not sure... I think Fruits Basket may have a chance by virtue of being the only Manga series that I know people in "the real world" actually read...

Edit: this list is more a list of what I want, not what is commerically viable... at all...

Charter_Mage said:
I wonder if this is going to be a brand new channel, or one that already exists but is now hoping to show some anime
Wouter said:
The channel will be focused on 15-34 year olds, and programming-wise, it will feature shows on Gaming, Films, music, Xtreme Sports, and loads more.
I think the "will be" implies that this is a brand new channel.

Wouter said:
The channel will be focused on 15-34 year olds, and programming-wise, it will feature shows on Gaming, Films, music, Xtreme Sports, and loads more.

Are you planning to bring GXT to the UK? ..or is this something else?

Sorry for the questions, but id very much like more information. The name of the channel would be nice, when it plans to launch, and what you plan to air it on.

Channel 4 used to show the original Fist Of the North Star series, it was on ridiculously late on a Friday night. Although it's not really related BBC had an anime 'week' a few years back spearheaded by Jonathan Ross, they showed Akira subbed which must be a televisual first.

Still more anime on UK tv can only be a good thing and I hope they license a good cross section of anime not just the most popular titles.

kupoartist said:
Ghibli Films on terrestrial TV. Now.

I honestly don't understand what the delay is ^^. At the very least CH4 should have shown them...

As for Series, i'm not sure... I think Fruits Basket may have a chance by virtue of being the only Manga series that I know people in "the real world" actually read...

Edit: this list is more a list of what I want, not what is commerically viable... at all...
getting Ghibli stuff on TV is an excellent idea (although i'm biased because my obsession with their stuff began when i saw Laputa on TV in the late 80s), and showing something like Grave of the Fireflies would blow the public preconceptions of anime totally out of the water. a late-night showing of Perfect blue wouldn't go amiss either.

of course, this thread is supposed to be about series...i still think Bebop or Last Exile would be good choices, for the additional reason that they both have very good English dubs.

How about Rurouni Kenshin? (I don't mean the Samurai X OAVs)
I wanted to see that, but when I was in america, I only saw 1 episode, since they played that anime once a week...

Or maybe Samurai Champaloo? I haven't seen it, but from what NEO mag have said, it sounds pretty good :)

I think both of those would be great also, i havn't actually seen either of them (just some of the Kenshin OVAs), but Kenshins something i've always wanted to watch, and we all know that Samurai Champloo has been going down a storm everywhere else, and it's something i can't wait to get a chance to see

Back