Anime Limited announce release of Outlaw Star

BDT87

Student Council President
Anime Limited Announce Second Release: Outlaw Star

Anime Limited Announce First Release was Cowboy Bebop DVD & Blu-Ray.
And now they have announced Outlaw Star! on DVD

Discussions/Thoughts of the new license title.

Re: Anime Limited Announce Second Release: Outlaw Star

I still have my Beez Anime Legends boxset so this will be a very low priority for me. That said, it'll be nice to see it back on shelves.

Well already got this. Good to see it back on our shelves. How about the next one is a new one for the uk?

New anime licensor Anime Limited has revealed its latest planned release: <em>Outlaw Star</em>.

The sci-fi anime series is currently only planned to be released as a DVD, thus implying that Blu-Ray might be a possibility. It will be released in Q3 of this year.

<strong>Synopsis</strong>

Gene Starwind and his partner Jim Hawking run a small business on the backwater planet of Sentinel III. But all that changes the day that Hilda hires them for a bodyguard job. Now, thrust into a mystery they don't fully understand, they're on the run from the cops, the pirates, an angry alien, and a mysterious assassin. But they've got one thing going in their favour -they have the galaxy's most advanced ship, the Outlaw Star.
Sources: 1 and 2

Fantastic show but i dont love it that much to double-dip even though it is the remastered version,but great news for hard-core fans of the show and first time buyers.

I'd avoided the AL set as I'd heard the image quality was poor, so I'm quite keen for this one.

Sweet. Now all I want to know is the price.

Hell, I'll probably get it regardless. It'll make an improvement on the probably seriously degraded by now VHS copies of it I made taping it off Toonami way back when.

Never saw the show honestly but I might give it a try since everyone says its good.

Now its official but someone stated maybe two days ago that Outlaw Star was mentioned in a interview in a magazine.

KevinB said:
In the MyM interview it mentions that Anime Limited has announced 2 titles. Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star. With Outlaw Star being a DVD only release as it has not been released on Blu-ray in Japan. Plus it drops hints about spanking new anime, but the ink is not dry on the contract so it can not be announced yet.

Anyway , I've gotta say I'm a little bit disapointed in here with the announcement. Lets wait for the new one.

EDIT:

on their facebook

As this announcement was pre-empted a bit by MyM hitting shelves a little while ago - we have two announcements in February:

#1 - 10th February at 18:00: Our first theatrical title.

#2 - 28th February at 18:00 or when we hit 1750 fans (whichever comes first)

Neither of which are Beez rescues for people's reference!

https://www.facebook.com/alltheanime/po ... 7637864093

Our first theatrical title? Is this going to hit cinema or do they mean a film dvd release?

And I wonder what the 3rd announcement will be?

So their first theatrical release announcement coincides with the premiere of the mystery film in glasgow on the 10th? Nice. That's actually kind of clever if it's what i think they are doing. Shame i doubt i can get there for it, i have the day off, but i have no mode of transport to get there.

As for the remaster of outlaw star, consider me sold. I'll probably buy that up the minute i see it hit release. Be even nicer if they can get it onto BD, but DVD is fine for now as well.

bakum4tsu said:
reborn said:
Sorry Andrew but none of your titles are of interest to me so far.

Maybe the 3rd one will change that...

+1

Am sure there'll be one that gets there - not every title is for everyone for any particular reason :). Nor am I going to rattle off everything I have at once or part of the fun :p!

Keep firing away with suggestions and we'll get a match to your interests soon enough I am sure :)! Will be sad if not ;_;...

May have asked this before too -but what would interest both of you :)? Not a guarantee I have it of now but you never know what may fall onto my plate in the future.

AP

Also - for those asking about BD - nobody is sadder than I but as the remaster was released on DVD only in Japan I am limited to managing with that for now I am afraid. The minute that changes I'll go back though :).

Andrew

kaze_andrew said:
bakum4tsu said:
reborn said:
Sorry Andrew but none of your titles are of interest to me so far.

Maybe the 3rd one will change that...

+1

Am sure there'll be one that gets there - not every title is for everyone for any particular reason :). Nor am I going to rattle off everything I have at once or part of the fun :p!

Keep firing away with suggestions and we'll get a match to your interests soon enough I am sure :)! Will be sad if not ;_;...

May have asked this before too -but what would interest both of you :)? Not a guarantee I have it of now but you never know what may fall onto my plate in the future.

AP

I can go with Fate Zero and Kara no Kyoukai - Garden of the sinners. There is a lot I want but I'll just leave a few ones.

Detroit Metal City
Genshiken
Hajime no Ippo (first or second series)
Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc - Cage of Flames (Original series too)
Shura no Toki
The Place Promised in Our Early Days
Another

Please, get at least one :lol:

Back