UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Run with the wind is sports so zero as MVM would have had to release it and look they haven’t so zero

Also a recession so £70 worth of EBs on a sub only show in one day seems a bit stupid but

Run with the wind is sports so zero as MVM would have had to release it and look they haven’t so zero

Yeah sadly you might be right. I guess it's dubbed already at least which makes the outlook slightly more hopeful. I am planning to import it at some point but thought it was worth asking if there's any possibility as a local release would likely be cheaper and would support the UK industry :)

Sport shows always seem niche I've slowly learned. No matter how much you might enjoy one, they might not be a hit overall.

Yeah this is also true. Tho tbf a lot of the staff from Haikyuu were involved in this particular one but IIRC that wasn't a very good seller for Manga/Animatsu either :( I think it's partly a UK thing (though not just a UK thing), there are some other parts of the world where sports anime do better as I understand it? I'm not a diehard sports anime fan but I enjoy them when they are well done, a few of my favourites are Bamboo Blade, Princess Nine, and Mitsuru Adachi's Touch :)

Haikyu I feel was badly done it was sub only 2 part set for one season. £30 each. I bet if they did the complete season 1 with the dub at the similar price it would sell. But I feel they were burnt it was apparently really bad so I’m sure they won’t touch it again. And for AL I don’t think Ballroom did very well and yes I have problems with it because the discs are average and all but yeah.

Haikyu I feel was badly done it was sub only 2 part set for one season. £30 each. I bet if they did the complete season 1 with the dub at the similar price it would sell. But I feel they were burnt it was apparently really bad so I’m sure they won’t touch it again. And for AL I don’t think Ballroom did very well and yes I have problems with it because the discs are average and all but yeah.

Are you sure it was sub only? I really seem to remember the dub being on the UK discs for part 1 when I watched them but I could totally be imagining it (I watched it subbed). (Edit: I think your overall point is valid regardless and particularly if it was sub only).

Are you sure it was sub only? I really seem to remember the dub being on the UK discs for part 1 when I watched them but I could totally be imagining it (I watched it subbed). (Edit: I think your overall point is valid regardless and particularly if it was sub only).
Yeah as when it was dubbed it was only released as a complete set with different episode counts on the discs

Ah Amazon you crazy fool.
View attachment 15127
And no I don't keep refreshing your currently unavailable listings of Demon Slayer & Gundam NT hoping for a similar snafu..... 😉😉😉
EjUXjomXsAEBVKt

^ This literally sums up the image.

Both this and Turn A Gundam (£28) are still available if that's your thing 🙂

Thankyou so much for letting me know and I am tempted by Turn A but I've already spent a lil over what I agreed with myself this financial cycle on March Comes in Like a Lion and Violet Evergarden so I think I'll wait to get that one (also sad that it's subbed only but I know it's got slim to no chance of getting a dub at this point and I accept that).

Thankyou so much for letting me know and I am tempted by Turn A but I've already spent a lil over what I agreed with myself this financial cycle on March Comes in Like a Lion and Violet Evergarden so I think I'll wait to get that one (also sad that it's subbed only but I know it's got slim to no chance of getting a dub at this point and I accept that).
You are a stronger person than me! Luckily Amazon don't charge till dispatch and the never break street date so that kinda works in my favour!!

You are a stronger person than me! Luckily Amazon don't charge till dispatch and the never break street date so that kinda works in my favour!!

This is actually a relevant point about not charging til dispatch but I actually generally don't pre-order things unless they charge me at the time of ordering in order to avoid financial snafus, if you get me! :) Honestly I find it hard enough that PayPal payments don't get charged straight away (they take a few days usually)!

This is actually a relevant point about not charging til dispatch but I actually generally don't pre-order things unless they charge me at the time of ordering in order to avoid financial snafus, if you get me! :) Honestly I find it hard enough that PayPal payments don't get charged straight away (they take a few days usually)!

I actual find I both like it and dislike it. It's great to get it out of the way. Until that one month where you have spent a lot and actual don't want to pay for that in advance.

Yes, yes it will :).

I know the US is doing that and fair play if you view Gaiden as a bonus episode of the series. I'd rather wait until we (hopefully) have both films released too then figure out how to store them all together with that final release :). Everyone's mileage varies on how to design storage for franchises.

Best,

AP

You might not able to answer this, but is there any ETA on when Violet Evergarden The Movie will be brought here? Just saw that screenings for other countries have been announced (Germany & France for November, pretty early). And if so, will it be brought to other parts of the UK? I ask because I know I won't be able to travel to Scotland, lol.

Back