UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Garden of Words is the only Shinkai film I haven't seen so I was already planning to get the Blu-ray in the spring sale, but now there's a steelbook too - and a really nice-looking one at that. I'm not sure if I want to wait until the 13th to make my spring sale order though, as some of the other stuff I have my eyes on are at risk of being sold out by then. Ah, choices, choices!

Confirmed.

EA95-E5-DB-85-FC-4-A85-A754-69-C1082-D8010.jpg

A few thing going up already in prep for the Sale (still would advise to wait), but something to get you thinking/guessing as I found the standard edition mystery bundles:

Spaceships! Giant robots! Terrible dystopia! Why not spend this spring taking a trip into the far flung future with this themed Spring sale mystery box?

Modern life is rubbish, so why not take a trip into days gone by this spring, and enjoy exploring everything the past has to offer (swords! samurai! dysentery!) with this themed Spring sale mystery box?

EDIT: for get that its actually up, should have checked the home screen/ refreshed

Any opinions on the Your Name 4K disc? I know it's an upscale but HDR can have a dramatic effect on even a 1080p source.

Definitely getting both Zeta sets as a friend and I are making our way through Gundam The Origin manga and it's amazing. Do I need to watch ZZ as well before Char's Counterattack though?

Any opinions on the Your Name 4K disc? I know it's an upscale but HDR can have a dramatic effect on even a 1080p source.

Definitely getting both Zeta sets as a friend and I are making our way through Gundam The Origin manga and it's amazing. Do I need to watch ZZ as well before Char's Counterattack though?
Yes and no. You'll understand the film rather, but some things will be a big spoiler for you if you watch ZZ later. I'd advise seeing it first. The ZZ series is very good, but the opening episodes - from 3 to 15 (roughly) are rated low by many for their comedic nature. This is not what fans expected after watching Gundam Zeta.

I actually still have this 10% off coupon, once I collect the vinyls I wanted to buy I think I can jump into £100 plus free shipping so I'll save some money anyway.

Just wondering if that's all or is there more to come?

Yes and no. You'll understand the film rather, but some things will be a big spoiler for you if you watch ZZ later. I'd advise seeing it first. The ZZ series is very good, but the opening episodes - from 3 to 15 (roughly) are rated low by many for their comedic nature. This is not what fans expected after watching Gundam Zeta.

I actually still have this 10% off coupon, once I collect the vinyls I wanted to buy I think I can jump into £100 plus free shipping so I'll save some money anyway.

Just wondering if that's all or is there more to come?
Easter sale is always everything there on day 1 with no additions

Btw. This was delayed?

anyone want to make a guess what's in the mystery boxes 🧐
or just buy them and tell me 🙃
These are my rough guess, although I doubt most of them, as I bought previous easter mystery bundles and been pretty disappointed, usually the lower value stuff and films (which end up being cheaper cause they are shorter)

Space dandy, aldnoah S1, plantes, nadeisco, outlaw star

Fuse, samurai champloo, vampire D, el hazard, castlevannia

Now it looks like sales are going on for quite a long time. Maybe I'll wait for the start of the pre-order "RADWIMPS - FOREVER DAZE vinyl", then together with this purchase and save on shipping.

These are my rough guess, although I doubt most of them, as I bought previous easter mystery bundles and been pretty disappointed, usually the lower value stuff and films (which end up being cheaper cause they are shorter)

Space dandy, aldnoah S1, plantes, nadeisco, outlaw star

Fuse, samurai champloo, vampire D, el hazard, castlevannia
I've bought the Future box on a whim so I'll post once it arrives

ZZ doesn't really lay any groundwork for Char's Counterattack that isn't already set up in Zeta, but there are major plot threads in Zeta that only get resolved in the latter half of ZZ, so it's worth watching in its own right. As Hunter_Killer says though, ZZ is very much a show of two halves. The first half has a lot of goofy humour while the latter half feels like a natural progression from the end of Zeta. I enjoyed all of it, but that first half is one of the most divisive things in the franchise.

Not a lot in there for me.
Not that I've ever bought much from them. Most of their range is not my cup of tea.

Might try BOGOF with King's Game and Bartender.
BoogiePop Phantom??

Back