UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Great news about Pompo. I look forward to getting a copy.

I do have a question about the Garden of Words Steelbook, should Andy happen to drop by again. Is that still on schedule for early June, and will it be available anywhere other than the AL store? The listing doesn't state that it's exclusive, but I can't seem to find it elsewhere.

Won a copy of Wolf's Rain at the Anime Limited quiz.

Someone is going to start thinking these are rigged.
Yeah I spotted your name there and got surprised.

Anyway I asked @Hanners where the AL panel was tomorrow and I think he said center stage at 12:20. Definitely center stage so check the schedule there.

Predictions time.

1) Toei Animation licenses - With the recent licenses for titles like Digimon: Last Evolution Kizuna, The First Slam Dunk, Looking for Magical Doremi and most importantly even One Piece Film: Red in 4K UHD, there's room to grow for the two to work together on other titles, given the vast amount of IPs that are under Toei's belt.

This could range from smaller titles like Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales, Kyousogiga, and Mononoke (which recently got a Blu-ray release by Discotek with a dub) all the way to bigger known titles like Fist of the North Star, Galaxy Express 999, Saint Seiya and Sailor Moon.

2) More 4K News - Given they are one of the few in the anime scene pushing the format, it would make sense to keep this trend going. With 9 titles now given the 4K UHD treatment, chances are this news will still focus solely on One Piece Film: Red, but an additional title would be worth a shot as there are a few more that can fit the bill.

This ranges from Mobile Suit Gundam Movie Trilogy (which was well-received on its 4K HDR last I checked), any of the Discotek titles including Robot Carnival and Space Adventure Cobra the Movie, or even the likes of Galaxy Express 999 films and Tomorrow's Joe series.

3) Updates on Summer releases - Anime Limited still has a large backlog of titles to go through, and given the French listings have been revealed on specific titles, we can probably expect an update on Eternal 831, Gunbuster, Inu-Oh!, and Love Live! Superstar Season 1. They may also reveal the early bird line-up for June as well, which could cover those titles or even a few others like Lupin the Third Part 6 or Free! The Final Stroke Volume 2.

4) Gundam updates - The franchise has been stalled for years in the UK, from the French branch licensing pushing back Zeta's release all the way to Sunrise & Bandai Namco merging. All of this meant less releases and losing out on two of the recent Gundam titles to Crunchyroll. That said, they need to provide more and they did say there's more.

The ones that make the most logical sense to release are 0080: War in the Pocket, G Gundam and The 08th MS Team, because these are either small instalments or more known than the others. Given the recent Nozomi batch, they may jump ahead and also bring over Twilight AXIS Remain of the Red.

5) Vinyl - The most likely one to appear is more vinyl news and updates, given they have yet to delve into information regarding Trigun and Trigun: Badlands Rumble last I checked (it's been so long that I can't even remember if these have been released already).

6) AllTheAnime Store - Given they have recently added products from other competitors, it's possible they may reveal some more stuff planned for their store. Whether its weekly specials mimicking the Rightstuf model or more perks to the subscription plan.

Back