UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm sure it is the Japanese licensor who is responsible for mandating how the series is allowed to be released by AL, so I think you guys should verify that before you go so hard on AL themselves. They generally have little control whatsoever over how they would prefer to release a series or what they can and cannot include in a release.

I'm sure it is the Japanese licensor who is responsible for mandating how the series is allowed to be released by AL, so I think you guys should verify that before you go so hard on AL themselves. They generally have little control whatsoever over how they would prefer to release a series or what they can and cannot include in a release.
If the licensor didn't mandate this release strategy for Iron Blooded Orphans, I'm definitely going to lean towards it being an AL decision.

I struggle to believe that after the US got full season sets Bandai/Sunrise suddenly dictated a European release would have to split. It's not impossible but this seems to entirely be AL's choice and designed to recoup 'double' the money back on one show.

Reminded of when 00 was announced as a full series set and then downgraded into 3 separate releases.

They always require at least two emails to do anything. I normally just give them a week or two then repeat the email (and again if needed).

When they actually look at your email; they respond quite quickly (“yes; we’ve received it, and have just shipped out the replacement”)
But you do need to re-attempt contact until you get a response; otherwise it won’t get shipped either.
I have now sent multiple emails and still no reponse...

It's because they have the rights for multiple regions this time for both Build Fighters and Movie Trilogy 4K, which I suspect is their new approach going forward, much like how Crunchyroll are doing with providing French & German audio for select titles.

Talking about this has reminded of how Gundam NT is literally one of the worst they've put out (stripped extras, bad authoring, theatrical masters, what an absolute slapshow of a disc that was - not to mention the film was bad enough as it was).
They also had the French rights for other Gundams, e.g. Seed, but used the Nozomi masters for the UK Blu-rays.
On the other hand: Gundam Build Fighters is currently listed as sub-only, whilest the US disc includes an Asian-English dub

They also had the French rights for other Gundams, e.g. Seed, but used the Nozomi masters for the UK Blu-rays.
On the other hand: Gundam Build Fighters is currently listed as sub-only, whilest the US disc includes an Asian-English dub
I think the AL release DOES include the Eng Animax dub.

For any issue I have with AL's handling of things, they aren't the company who just quoted me 500USD in shipping alone for a 6 inch Gundam toy if I want it.

It helps to keep in mind what a truly terrible operation actually looks like.

Wait, what? I need more information about this.

Newswire up for next month.
Only 3 new preorders
Love Live! Superstar!! Season 1
Gundam Build Fighters
Spy x Family OST

A few new standard editions available too
Cyber City Oedo 808
Irresponsible Captain Tylor OVA
Love Me, Love Me Not
I will be picking up Love Live! Superstar!! Maybe I am just being too picky but AL's new pre-orders have been pretty lacking for me so far, Looking for Magical Doremi is the only new thing I have ordered from them this year. I hope they are cooking up something big in the background and that we get A Place Further than the Universe this year.

Nice to see City Hunter finally come to the UK on blu-ray. Anyone know how watchable this is without having seen the series or any of the other movies. I assume it's similar to Lupin or Cat's Eye (seeing as Cat's Eye is from the same creator) where once you know the characters it's fine for the most part. I do plan to watch City Hunter eventually regardless but would be good to know.

Back