UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I was able to purchase the first season of Blood+ on Itunes in Australia. For some reason Australian Itunes has the first season on there. I think its the only place in the english speaking world that has it available. Sadly it does not have the second season but it works well enough until we can get a official release on disc and it was only 13 Dollars. So a pretty good price for 25 episodes
i have the AUS pressing of what GWG has , the 2nd part was kinda Rareish

Havent found anything to use my 15% on this year

Last year I ended up buying Denpa Manga but mostly out of stock this year. And looking at Crunchyroll is still more expencive than other sites

Might buy Love Live Superstar S1
Not sure on everything you're into and if you've already seen and / or own it but I will always highly recommend Silver Spoon, that goes for anyone on here. My personal favourite work of Hiromu Arakawa.

Got my all the anime haul today
Mystery boxes were just packed in bubble wrap so can’t tell which is which but here are contents - not great lots of them are movie Al lot of which aren’t work much then £2-£5 each

bloodlad, outlaw star, lupin the first movie, fairy tail dragon cry and promare

emma Victorian romance, miss Hokusai, megalobox, maquia, and mind game

Mystery boxes were just packed in bubble wrap so can’t tell which is which but here are contents - not great lots of them are movie Al lot of which aren’t work much then £2-£5 each

Thanks for this. I'm glad I didn't get these as I'm only interested in one thing listed there.

I've never purchased a mystery box from ATA before but I read it's the same 5 blu rays for each box. I don't know a single company that does decent mystery boxes - it's usually a way to just shift old stock that nobody is buying.

Thanks for this. I'm glad I didn't get these as I'm only interested in one thing listed there.

I've never purchased a mystery box from ATA before but I read it's the same 5 blu rays for each box. I don't know a single company that does decent mystery boxes - it's usually a way to just shift old stock that nobody is buying.

Yeah I always buy them as you never know and what I like most about them is that it introduces me to series I’ve not watched and wouldn’t normally get. Like last year I picked up the box and got lupin and now it’s like my favourite anime, Josee tiger and the fish, my hime, big order, el hazard all of which I would never have watched

The Christmas ones are better, the summer 5 normal blu rays are always not amazing but still have things I haven’t watched like outlaw star, megalobox and maquia which I will keep and get rid of the rest, recently sold my new promare collectors edition as I don’t think I would like the movie but now can watch it without losing out if I didn’t like it unlike opening a collectors editon which was worth more new

Although have gone up they did go up another £10 each box this year as they was £35 each box last year and I don’t think they was good enough for that price as 4 of the movies this year CeX will give me a combined total of £7.50 voucher

Crazy price. The 4K special edition has been on offer in the past for around £23. Although, I suppose the special edition is getting harder and harder to find.

£30 for a bog standard 4k is mad though, even if it's a great film.
Think it's just Amazon listing the SRP I'd think it'll drop to around £25 before release... probably.

I used to buy the Mid year Mystery bundles, but with my growing collection i've usually got everything in them, and even when I did buy them a few years back was getting more and more disappionted by the standard edtion myster bundles, it just stopped being a good buy for me.

The Christmas Mystery bundle I still get as they are collectors edition and I do still usually have some of them but usually feels a bit more worth it, but may have to see what the new christmas pricing is gonna be for the CE mystery bundles.

I thought the CE Mystery bundles were £45 last year (£40 the year before that) and standards from the previous mid year mystery bundles were £40 the previous year, so it being just £5 cheaper for the same amount but standard edition (and often standard edition it felt like they were just trying to get rid of (so stuff they had put recently put on sale for previously at a very cheap price))
But maybe there expecting mystery bundle buyers to be Anime limted sub (so 15% off, althoug nothing to dsay you can't use the one off 10% they give out)

Good thing I didn't go for the mystery boxes as the only title which is on my list of potential purchases is Emma Victorian Romance

Agreed with options, the Christmas ones are better value as they are Collectors Editions rather than the plain standard editions which you can pick up quite cheap 2nd hand (i.e. some of those movies)

@anime_andrew @Hanners

Sorry to tag both of you but this is a continuation from the rant here.

The Garden of Words steelbook just released in French speaking territories and it manages to be quite WORSE than Kazé's release. This is absolutely outrageous and plain disrepectful to your client at this point. Also the issues with Gunbuster have not been addressed either. I would advise english customers to be wary of the way ATA France has turned lately, it may also affect the UK branch in the future.

FYI, here's a comparison with the old Kazé release which wasn't good in the first place. An absolute bliss to see wrong colours and some of the worst color banding seen on Blu-Ray in Anime here yet. (Pics courtesy of Vick). This is shameful for 2023.

FYI, here's a comparison with the old Kazé release which wasn't good in the first place. An absolute bliss to see wrong colours and some of the worst color banding seen on Blu-Ray in Anime here yet. (Pics courtesy of Vick). This is shameful for 2023.
Looked at the comparison and I honestly think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Took me a while to see the difference. Seems a bit of an overreaction to call it "outrageous" and "shameful".

I think we can infer that the ‘Too old for school’ should be the one containing at least Emma and Hokusai
While the ‘Too cool for school’ would (IMHO) encompass Bloodlad / Outlaw / Lupin / Promare
Some of the others seem a little less well allocated, so I’m simply going to assume a combination of running out of suitable titles and having some that just needed to be stuffed in somewhere.

Anyway; I’ve got every single one of those, so I’m quite happy not to have bought either box (ignoring the fact they’re standard editions, and a little pricey for that)

Looked at the comparison and I honestly think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Took me a while to see the difference. Seems a bit of an overreaction to call it "outrageous" and "shameful".
I think part of the issue is less that there’s a ‘difference’, but the lack of improvement or fix.
I do have the opinion that such as banding is less a problem (in most anime) than other potential issues with detail or artefacts. But it would be nice to think that encoding was improving in terms of both technology and the simple knowledge of how / where / why certain issues occur.

I think part of the issue is less that there’s a ‘difference’, but the lack of improvement or fix.
I do have the opinion that such as banding is less a problem (in most anime) than other potential issues with detail or artefacts. But it would be nice to think that encoding was improving in terms of both technology and the simple knowledge of how / where / why certain issues occur.
I don't deny that there's room for improvement but I think there are bigger issues for people to get outraged by than a Blu-ray issue the majority of people won't notice. Being a videophile seems absolutely miserable so I'm fine with being oblivious to this stuff.

To be honest, it is a bit egregious. I don't think you have to be a videophile to notice.

I mean look at the green shirt.

To be honest, it is a bit egregious. I don't think you have to be a videophile to notice.

I mean look at the green shirt.
Like I said it took a while. It's more obvious now I know it's there but it's really the kind of thing you'd see if you were actively looking for it. Were I to watch this without being aware of the issues I wouldn't have noticed that.

Back